Sabres offering huge discount on season tickets

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

$22 x 41 games is $902. Then add in 2-3 $15 preseason games. Up till now $1076 was their lowest ST price, or around $26/game. That's about a 15% reduction.

Does this mean management is going to run back the same team as last year?

Lord, I surely hope not…..

Being a season ticket holder is a lifelong dream. I left the area at 18, having gone to ~100 games with my dad as a kid. I always swore if I moved back to the area, getting tickets would be the first thing I did. I even joined the waiting list not knowing if I’d ever return. 

Well, 14 years later I’m back home. I saw this and instinctively clicked the link for info. I just can’t do it. I won’t give them a cent until they’ve given me something in return other than agita. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

$22 x 41 games is $902. Then add in 2-3 $15 preseason games. Up till now $1076 was their lowest ST price, or around $26/game. That's about a 15% reduction.

Man that's cheap. Worst seat in the building for the Canucks season tickets was going for $2625 (not that is Canadian not American but still quite the difference)

Cheapest Kraken tickets are around $40 U.S. I think, Although they do have some cheaper promotions for youth groups and whatnot. 

Including Leaf and Canadian games?  You might be able to make up a really REALLY good chunk of what you pay by selling a select few games where the tickets are in demand by away fans.  Add to that the chance, (yes, the CHANCE) the team is actually better, and this could be a good 'investment'.

The new COO has been busy. I'm sure he was all over the Ruff hiring.

Now let's see if he's smart enough to figure out that this is a fan base that cares about who calls the games.

Go get someone with a pulse.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I recently watched the Bandits play on TV in a playoff game. The house was full and the fans were engaged. The Bandits won the game in overtime in a dramatic fashion. It's a shame that the hockey fanbase has been subjected to such a lengthy period of mediocre hockey. The organization has to make a concerted effort this offseason to improve the team and give the fans a realistic chance for success. I'm confident the fanbase will positively respond if the organization demonstrates that it is serious about putting out a worthy product. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I recently watched the Bandits play on TV in a playoff game. The house was full and the fans were engaged. The Bandits won the game in overtime in a dramatic fashion. It's a shame that the hockey fanbase has been subjected to such a lengthy period of mediocre hockey. The organization has to make a concerted effort this offseason to improve the team and give the fans a realistic chance for success. I'm confident the fanbase will positively respond if the organization demonstrates that it is serious about putting out a worthy product. 

When was that? I would have welcomed mediocre.

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

But the Buffalo Bandits have a championship legacy thanks to the Bandits players that have professional pride the Buffalo Sabres don’t. The biggest thing wrong with the Buffalo Sabres fan base is not enough of the Sabres fans put where the blame belongs the Sabres players. Too many Sabres fans blame the GM and head coach but for whatever odd reason they refuse to blame the players. The players win championships not the management. I have said for years you don’t have to be a loser if you don’t want to be. The Sabres players have no professional pride or self respect in my opinion. Go Bandits! Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JohnC said:

Here’s the crazy part. They have been trying really really hard.

9 hours ago, Mango said:

Here’s the crazy part. They have been trying really really hard.

The issue isn't so much trying hard as it is being wise and smart. The accumulation of good decisions are more likely going to give you good results; and the accumulation of offsetting bad decisions are correspondingly not going to give you good results. No organization in any sport is always going to make the right decisions. However, on balance front offices that are more astute than their competitors win out. 

What is frustrating about the Sabres and how they have been run is that the system is designed for the less talented teams to have advantages over the more talented teams. This is primarily done through the draft and by having first preference in the waiver system. We still have been mired in the much of mediocrity. That's not acceptable. 

I'm not a hardened pessimist. I really believe that if our front office makes a number of good personnel decisions this offseason, this team will do well next year. I honestly don't believe that this team is far away from being a good team. The Sabres have been intermittently good. That's not good enough. 

13 hours ago, JohnC said:

I went to my first Bandits game last month and was blown away by the energy.  I can't wait for the Sabres to become relevant again.  I want Keybank that loud for Sabres games.  

Grabed tickets to Sunday's semi-finals.  Looking forward to it!

56 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The issue isn't so much trying hard as it is being wise and smart. The accumulation of good decisions are more likely going to give you good results; and the accumulation of offsetting bad decisions are correspondingly not going to give you good results. No organization in any sport is always going to make the right decisions. However, on balance front offices that are more astute than their competitors win out. 

What is frustrating about the Sabres and how they have been run is that the system is designed for the less talented teams to have advantages over the more talented teams. This is primarily done through the draft and by having first preference in the waiver system. We still have been mired in the much of mediocrity. That's not acceptable. 

I'm not a hardened pessimist. I really believe that if our front office makes a number of good personnel decisions this offseason, this team will do well next year. I honestly don't believe that this team is far away from being a good team. The Sabres have been intermittently good. That's not good enough. 

This is true of every team in each of the big 4 leagues in the United States. It is so generic you could put it on a Hallmark card.

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I hope so. You're dealing with enough.

I really wish I had something else to do. Not sure how much more of this Pollyanna horse hockey I can take.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

15 hours ago, JohnC said:

I wonder how much profit they make from the Bandits?  Seeing the crowd and how much merchandise they sell for such a niche sport with low player salaries, one would think they are making money hand over fist. 

Side note:  I'm always amazed (and love) that the players actually have regular full time jobs on top of being a professional lacrosse player.