Lindy Ruff officially hired as Sabres HC

LGR4GM

I understand everyone who thinks rehiring Ruff is a cop-out or in my words: the lowest hanging fruit to bringing back the glory days.

But it very well could be worse. It couldve been a Ralph Krueger. It couldve been Matt Ellis or Seth Appert. Whenever you think something is bad, just think of how it couldve been worse. And be thankful we didn't go with the worse option. Ruff at least brings some respectability to the role. Players will take him seriously & Ruff will hold them accountable.

I would at least, not expect us to take a step back next year. We should at least be even or better than this year. Im really trying to find the positive in this lol.

• Like (+1) 4

24 minutes ago, ... said:

I'm sorry, where is the contract info? Is he behind the bench? My questions were specific.

His contract is not available.  Yes, he stands behind the bench during games.   He works directly for Laviolette, the HC.  He coaches forwards. He wears nice suits too. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Maybe. But Kulich is close. I do share your ciew though. We need vets, not more youth. Correct me if I'm incorrect in assessing your view LG, and my apologies if I am incorrect.

Close to what? He can't Crack the top 6. He's wildly unfit for the 4th line. That leaves the 3rd line, you want 19yr old Kulich or 29yr old veteran?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

With what we’ve run out there in the last decade, pretty much every game next year, the coach with more wins will be behind our bench. Sadly, the rare game where that isn’t the case is the in-division matchup with Florida. 

To be clear fans judge coaches by two things: wins versus expectations; and demeanour.

We know ***** about how they game plan or lead people because we rarely get to see them do either.

At least this time we know we got someone who cares.

3 minutes ago, SDS said:

Nope. 

On 7/16/2022 at 5:28 PM, SDS said:

FWIW, after an unprecedented stretch of stability with Regier/Ruff and then many years of turmoil, I think you’re looking at a 10 minimum, if not more, of these two. I would say 20, but I get the feeling that Granato might retire by then.

Even though they just kinda started, I have a sense these two will be in their jobs for as long as they want them.

F540052D-E068-4025-9283-504033A02265.thumb.jpeg.0f84accd447fae35c6e443a03e600b65.jpeg

• Awesome! (+1) 1