Baseless Rumormongering: Reports that Terry Pegula is selling ALL teams other than the Bills

matter2003

1 hour ago, oddoublee said:

i hope that is the case. he is financially brilliant. does good charity work. but is a bit of a weird and eccentric guy that would make the sabres about things other than the sabres. 

this sure is fun gossip though!

It is?

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, inkman said:

It is?

Can confirm: Is not.

I mean. I’ve been frustrated with the Pegulas’ ownership. But with teams moving and such, idle gossip about the team being sold isn’t my jam.

Edited by That Aud Smell
  • Agree 4

5 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Can confirm: Is not.

I mean. I’ve been frustrated with the Pegulas’ ownership. But with teams moving and such, idle gossip about the team being sold isn’t my jam.

If I started the OP, I’d delete the thread and hide my head for a while. Embarrassing. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

It wouldn’t be that crazy for Pegula to change his mind in 6 months all things considered. Some people yell NO when it’s really a maybe but they’re just not ready yet. 

Let's hope this story is true and the buyer is good for the city and the team. 

• Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

How am I supposed to work with the old ladies the rest of the night with raging wood? They'll think I've been sampling from the med cart (again).

go on

36 minutes ago, inkman said:

If I started the OP, I’d delete the thread and hide my head for a while. Embarrassing. 

Interesting though that the bogus report smoked out an admission from Wawrow that someone did approach Pegula in the last 6 mos.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

How am I supposed to work with the old ladies the rest of the night with raging wood? They'll think I've been sampling from the med cart (again).

Excited Golden Girls GIF by TV Land

• Haha (+1) 3

I don't think Pegula wants to sell.  I also think that the team is going to achieve success in the upcoming seasons. Pegula endured the lean years (and may well have contributed to those years being lean), and he wants to enjoy the emergence from darkness.  Thanks to Donnie Granato for developing many of the young guys and getting the team to the middle of the pack.  Now the next coach can take them to the playoffs where they should be for a number of years.  The current talent, with proper coaching (which was clearly lacking this season), is already (entry) playoff-level, and that talent will continue to mature and improve, with lots of young and upcoming talent in the pipeline.  Meanwhile, some of the older teams will eventually fade, like Pittsburgh and others.

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 2

If any of this is true it would mean that Adams was spewing total lies in his press conference and thus I'd suggest everything else he said might have been lies as well. Just saying. 

Anyway, I'd be more than happy if he did sell. He'd make a tidy profit and we'd have to look for someone else to blame. Everybody happy. 

17 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

If any of this is true it would mean that Adams was spewing total lies in his press conference and thus I'd suggest everything else he said might have been lies as well. Just saying. 

Anyway, I'd be more than happy if he did sell. He'd make a tidy profit and we'd have to look for someone else to blame. Everybody happy. 

What "lies" would those be?

I don’t think the report is true unfortunately. But too many Buffalo fans still can’t see through Terry Pegula what kinda of Western New York fan sells the Rochester Knighthawks? What kind of Western New York fan does business with Legends owned by Jerry Jones instead of going to all Western New York vendors in the new Bills Stadium like the Buffalo Bisons do? Terry Pegula is an owner who cares about the bottom line profits. If I have to hear anymore Terry Pegula walks on water I want to throw up.

Buffalo sports existed before Terry Pegula and will exist when he sells his teams. This man has over half of Buffalo fans brainwashed. Because he bought the Buffalo Bills for profit he is allowed to run the Buffalo Sabres into the ground forever with no complaints what a joke? Some in our Buffalo fan base mostly hardcore Bills fans that back everything Terry Pegula does no matter what have no belief in Buffalo anymore which is sad really to see. It’s not the Buffalo I grew up in anymore too many Buffalo fans bowing to Terry Pegula. Like there is no possibility other than Terry Pegula to own the Buffalo Sabres locally? Terry Pegula has been terrible owner for the Buffalo Sabres and Key Bank Center in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

8 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Honestly I think the NLL actually told him that he’d need to sell them at some point. My guess is he’s trying to secure their home in Rochester and thus it’s taking time

I have family in the Las Vegas team’s front office. I asked him about Rochester and he said there is no talk within the league regarding them moving. Said he has heard the outside speculation.

Joe Tsai (Brooklyn Nets) owns the NLL teams in Las Vegas and San Diego and is under no pressure to sell one of them. I suspect Pegula is not either.

• Like (+1) 4

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

All that stuff he said about Pegula and how engaged he was and wanted to win etc.  etc.  which would be all BS if Pegula was planning to sell. Thought that was obvious. 

Another example of why we shouldn’t ever listen to anything anyone is sports tells the media.  It’s a tool they use to manipulate information, the fanbase and the media. It’s garbage. 

• Agree 1

there is no question Pegula wants to sell the Sabres. Rink falling apart, minimized expenses at every level, broke apart integration with Bills, complained to multiple sources how he lost 300 million the first ten years he owned Sabres, shows little interest in team, hires unqualified people etc...

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, xzy89c1 said:

there is no question Pegula wants to sell the Sabres. Rink falling apart, minimized expenses at every level, broke apart integration with Bills, complained to multiple sources how he lost 300 million the first ten years he owned Sabres, shows little interest in team, hires unqualified people etc...

The Sabres value increased 5X since Terry bought them. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, xzy89c1 said:

this overstates matters. but i cannot disagree that the sabres have, at times, been managed like a team being prepared for a sale.

8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

All that stuff he said about Pegula and how engaged he was and wanted to win etc.  etc.  which would be all BS if Pegula was planning to sell. Thought that was obvious. 

Or maybe it was true at the time, and times change.

But it's looking like this is just about the Kighthawks, so it's a moot point.

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The Sabres value increased 5X since Terry bought them. 

if they stay in buffalo, there is no way they have appreciated that much. Market is too small... If sold for a higher multiple it is to move them and avoid the franchise fee. They are not worth close to a billion in our market.

Pittsburgh sold for 900 million, and a good chunk of that was the real estate around the new and old rinks. Fenway group was going to walk away without that included. 

• Like (+1) 1