GDT Buffalo Sabres @ Florida Panthers Sat. 4/13 5pm ESPN+ MSG & WGR Radio

Panthers_Sabres_AP.thumb.jpg.85cac8fd2282c72da3a1baa0a5c4ac9a.jpg

The Buffalo Sabres face the Florida Panthers with both teams heading in opposite directions to close out the season. The Sabres have a 38-37-5 record and with only five wins in their last 10 games, they have already been eliminated from playoff contention. The Panthers have a 50-24-6 record and with two wins in a row, they have the second-best record in the Atlantic Division. Both teams look to end the season on a high note and the upcoming game should be a good one.

If Florida wants some tune up for the playoffs hockey this might be an interesting look into how close or how far the Sabres are from playoff ability but I suspect this will be a tame affair and Florida will float a little, especially if they get up early. 

I am interested to see if they let Kyle on the ice though. He hasn't played much for them yet. Maybe they want to rest a vet for the playoffs so they give him a look in this one. Would be kind of funny if he scored. 

On a non-game related note, a road game in Florida is one of places I have been to. The Arena itself is "OK" but overall not a great experience.  Its kinda in the middle-of-no-where.  There is a big outlet mall near it, but nothing else near it.  Most other cities, when you go to a hockey/basketball arena, you can walk around the city, within a block or two there are restaurants and bars and places to explore. This is more like a football stadium, just an arena surrounded by parking lots.

Its just very odd to me, its like they said "South Florida, you want a hockey team, there you go, the arena is far away from where everyone lives, and there is nothing to do around the arena, but there you go".

22 minutes ago, wingnut said:

It's not in my ESPN+ list. The NHL gamecenter page shows BSSUNX, MSG-B only.

If you're in Buffalo or Miami it won't be on ESPN+.  If you're not it will be.

image.thumb.png.9e46773a6ba633b4a7776f9da4446ecc.png

Note:  It's showing pregame at 3:30 cuz I'm in Central Time Zone.

3 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

If you're in Buffalo or Miami it won't be on ESPN+.  If you're not it will be.

image.thumb.png.9e46773a6ba633b4a7776f9da4446ecc.png

Note:  It's showing pregame at 3:30 cuz I'm in Central Time Zone.

I'm in Central FL. We usually only get 'local' treatment for Tampa, but I guess being 275 miles from Miami, it makes sense I'm in their local area lol

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

On a non-game related note, a road game in Florida is one of places I have been to. The Arena itself is "OK" but overall not a great experience.  Its kinda in the middle-of-no-where.  There is a big outlet mall near it, but nothing else near it.  Most other cities, when you go to a hockey/basketball arena, you can walk around the city, within a block or two there are restaurants and bars and places to explore. This is more like a football stadium, just an arena surrounded by parking lots.

Its just very odd to me, its like they said "South Florida, you want a hockey team, there you go, the arena is far away from where everyone lives, and there is nothing to do around the arena, but there you go".

And they charge $30 for parking. 🤬. You can park for free at the mall but it's a mile or two walk. Agreed it's nothing special as an arena.

• Like (+1) 1

Point 2 is sort of what I’m referring to re:goalies next season being decided. Hopefully the Comrie treatment doesn’t affect perception of FA in general (it might) but it absolutely would for goalies 

Edited by Thorny