GDT: Devils @ Sabres - March 29, 2024, 7:00pm, MSG 📺, WGR 📻

LGR4GM

5 minutes ago, Sabres73 said:

Who cares about the fan salute - certainly not me

Same not gonna over think this one. Crowd was solid tonight, players felt it. Before gwg sabres were buzzing, and crowd were right there behind them.  Good game. Nice home W vs a team more desperate than them.  

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Gotta love Dan saying that the 2-1 Thompson goal got the Sabres back in the game and Rob saying after the same goal that it was a brand new hockey game.

That's advanced type stuff that only oil well money can afford. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

Surprised to see a 75% capacity tonight (that’s good considering how bad we are) 

was it due to it being Friday night and New Jersey has quite a bit of fans? 

Felt like 85-90% capacity and I too was surprised by that.  Good handful of Devils fans but didn't feel as bad as last year.  Buffalo Bisons had a matinee in the cold next door and I'm pretty sure about 6 of their players arrived mid-way through the first in their jerseys in the section a couple down from mine.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, #freejame said:

5-2 come from behind win while still not technically eliminated from the playoffs and it’s an 11 page thread. Terry has killed this fan base. 

They really didn't play that well, other then Levi, for half the game. In fact it looked like the Devils started to give up after Tage scored his first. Levi's 2 goals given up were the pinball-seeing-eye-puck-luck variety, while Allen got beat clean by Tage twice.

10 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Gotta love Dan saying that the 2-1 Thompson goal got the Sabres back in the game and Rob saying after the same goal that it was a brand new hockey game.

Insightful commentary indeed. 

12 hours ago, Sabres73 said:

Who cares about the fan salute - certainly not me

11 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Fans are needy. Sad.

I've I said repeatedly and you've ignored repeatedly, it isn't about the gesture. It's the reason they aren't doing it which is petty and spiteful, like a child. 

19 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Insightful commentary indeed. 

Gotta get that spin going. 

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I've I said repeatedly and you've ignored repeatedly, it isn't about the gesture. It's the reason they aren't doing it which is petty and spiteful, like a child. 

Gotta get that spin going. 

How do you know that the two players you mentioned who didn't participate in that meaningless stick salute were being petty and spiteful (your words)?  I don't give a dam whether player "salutes" or not or even why player chooses to salute or not. What I care about is how the players played. And especially for Tuch who played well in this game. That's all I ask. My main problem with this "stick-salute" is that it is overused and has become meaningless. There are plenty of valid things about this team and players to criticize. At least for me, this isn't a worthy issue to be bothered about. 

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

How do you know that the two players you mentioned who didn't participate in that meaningless stick salute were being petty and spiteful (your words)?  I don't give a dam whether player "salutes" or not or even why player chooses to salute or not. What I care about is how the players played. And especially for Tuch who played well in this game. That's all I ask. My main problem with this "stick-salute" is that it is overused and has become meaningless. There are plenty of valid things about this team and players to criticize. At least for me, this isn't a worthy issue to be bothered about. 

Well, someone told the press they stopped cuz ppl wanted Granato fired and he's still not doing it so... petty and spiteful. 

Literally keep saying why I don't like it and how the salute isn't the point but you in particular seem to fail over and over and over again to grasp that fact. 

It's 100% a worthy issue because the specifically stopped to hurt their fans in retaliation. Goes to character and team mentality. 

• dislike 1

13 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I actually think they were right, given the fact that I thought the Sabres might never score another goal ever again.

• Like (+1) 1

Dan's having a season where he either realizes he's there for life, like Rick, or knows he's getting fired.

I will never understand his methods, but he might just be the perfect voice for this group. Pretty good when he wants to be.

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

You assume. They might have more focused on congratulating  Levi. 

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

Dan's having a season where he either realizes he's there for life, like Rick, or knows he's getting fired.

I will never understand his methods, but he might just be the perfect voice for this group. Pretty good when he wants to be.

Calling a game isn't easy. I started calling high school hockey 8 years ago and I still struggle with remembering player names while self-editing the action on the fly. RJ lost his edge the final few years. We were just more forgiving because it was RJ.

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I love a good coordinating Levi.

Autocorrect stickers agnes.

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Well, someone told the press they stopped cuz ppl wanted Granato fired and he's still not doing it so... petty and spiteful. 

Literally keep saying why I don't like it and how the salute isn't the point but you in particular seem to fail over and over and over again to grasp that fact. 

It's 100% a worthy issue because the specifically stopped to hurt their fans in retaliation. Goes to character and team mentality. 

Assuming that the players in question didn't raise their sticks after a game because they believed their coach was unfairly criticized, my response again is what's the big deal? Are they not allowed to have their own thoughts and express them? You don't think that players sometimes get peeved with media and fan responses? You may reasonably disagree with their stance but why are they not entitled to not participate in a meaningless postgame gesture (due to over-use).  

You may think that this is a worthy issue but I don't. It's a trivial and distracting issue that has absolutely nothing to do with play. In this game, Tuch was one of our best performers. And in general, he consistently plays hard. And Greenwood's season-long play has been solid. That's where my focus in on. This has been a disappointing season. My attention is on the play and not some half-hearted stick salute that most of the player do after a game. 

• Disagree 1