5 Game Road Trip w/ 1 Back-to-Back. Can UPL play them all?

JoeSchmoe

Amerks are on a B2B tonight and tomorrow at 1:30. Levi prolly isn't going anywhere. And no, UPL should get a night off on the B2B. Give Commie a game. They'll burn out/risk injury if they play Ukka the rest of the games. He'll prolly get 2/3 games off from here on out.

• Like (+1) 2

I would bring him in to start one of the back to back. Maybe throw him a bone as the backup for one to get him an extra skate or two with the team. 

If we keep winning I would guess Levi is the one to spell UPL. And if by some gift from the invisible magic hockey people in the sky this team makes the playoffs Levi is the other goalie on the bench. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Amerks are on a B2B tonight and tomorrow at 1:30. Levi prolly isn't going anywhere. And no, UPL should get a night off on the B2B. Give Commie a game. They'll burn out/risk injury if they play Ukka the rest of the games. He'll prolly get 2/3 games off from here on out.

Commie does not put the Sabres jersey on again if I'm running the show. Levi went down to ROC when the season looked over. Throw the fans (and prospective STH's) a bone and show them they're serious about winning and bring Levi out west for a game.

Edited by JoeSchmoe
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Commie does not put the Sabres jersey on again if I'm running the show. Levi went down to ROC when the season looked over. Throw the fans (and prospective STH's) a bone and show them they're serious about winning and bring Levi out west for a game.

I don’t like the yo-yoing mid season. You have to let your backup practice and play. But with the season, 15-ish games left, and 13 years on the line, bringing up Levi for 2-3 games sporadically seems like a slam dunk 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

He's been on fire in Roc as of late too. I just don't see them doing it right now. They prolly think Commie gives them just as good as a chance to win as Levi does. Maybe they bring him up after the game tonight with Toker getting the start for the Amerks in Toronto tomorrow afternoon. Never know what these clowns are gonna do. 

Just hoping to see him in net again tonight. Then Buff can take him, 😉.

12 minutes ago, Mango said:

I don’t like the yo-yoing mid season. You have to let your backup practice and play. But with the season, 15-ish games left, and 13 years on the line, bringing up Levi for 2-3 games sporadically seems like a slam dunk 

Interesting decision for Adams… It’s why he gets paid the big bucks… 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Claude Balls said:

Rochester is just the farm team for the Sabres.  They should be able to take whoever they want whenever they want.  ***** the Amerks.  

/amidoingthisright

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Believer said:

Interesting decision for Adams… It’s why he gets paid the big bucks… 

I think Mr and Mrs are on the board lately and rumor has it that 1T 1E 2R 1Y might even have an account too. Maybe we will get an inside line sooner rather than later. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Levi was outstanding tonight. 39/42. He's gonna be pissed with that. The Marlies first goal came 24 seconds in and was a big softie. Their last goal came with 6 seconds left when Toronto had the goalie pulled. In between those 2, he was unreal. And the 2nd goal was gonna be impossible for anyone to stop. A bad deflection landed right on a Marlie stick, who had a yawning net. A few stops were just jaw dropping. He is so quick, it makes up for him being a smaller goalie. He plays a lot bigger than he is. 

• Thanks (+1) 2

3 hours ago, OverPowerYou said:

Maybe I’m just hockey ignorant, but why is it that the skaters can play all the games but goalies need breaks? 

I guess their equipment is warm and heavy. It is more common that goalies get dehydrated also.

9 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

I mentioned in another thread that Levi should be on the trip. Comrie cannot play a game if they are serious about making a push.

I actually disagree with this. You can argue that Adams should have a better back up than Comrie, but it is Comrie and if you piss on him and treat him like garbage there are players on the roster who won't like it. It's not how you build a team bond and a winning culture. Comrie plays if UPL is tired and that should be that. Team has to shut down and elevate their play to go with that (as winning teams do when in a similar position). 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

4 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I actually disagree with this. You can argue that Adams should have a better back up than Comrie, but it is Comrie and if you piss on him and treat him like garbage there are players on the roster who won't like it. It's not how you build a team bond and a winning culture. Comrie plays if UPL is tired and that should be that. Team has to shut down and elevate their play to go with that (as winning teams do when in a similar position). 

I also believe the players do want to win and thus would also be good with Levi spot filling the back to back with UPL before going back to Rochester. 

8 hours ago, inkman said:

It’s too much time to spend on your knees. Trust me.  

I tried to use that justification to my wife as to why she should have a good backup around. Her response was …. less than rousing as you might expect.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1