Who's better right now? Seider or Dahlin?

LGR4GM

I'm not making a poll. Pick who's better and say why you think that. I'm asking because I am curious to hear about ppls feelings on Dahlin and on another defender widely touted as good in Seider. This is in light of comments here and Detroits recent slide in the standings. 

You can conceive "better" any way you wish. Let's say, who would you want on your team if salary and years left on contract were equal?

Edited by LGR4GM

I don't see enough of Seider play.. but

Dahlin has 49 points
Seider has 34 points

Dahlin is -4
Seider is -9

I've never felt like something dynamic could happen when Seider has the puck.

I'll take Dahlin.  There's nothing wrong with Seider, but I'd take Dahlin.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Dahlin all day for me. He is more dynamic offensively and drives possession.

Seider’s advantages are RHD, bigger and more aggressive than Dahlin. He doesn’t seem to drive play and he isn’t an offensive weapon if Gosthibere took his PP1 minutes.

• Like (+1) 1

Seider hasn’t taken the same step yet. Dahlin by a large margin at the moment for me. Seider has all the tools you would look for in a prototypical number 1 RHD but is still a work in progress. Not much support on that Detroit D corps right now either.

The question I have is how many D pairings around the league would people take over Dahlin-Byram moving forward. (I know it is a very small sample size so far)

• Like (+1) 1

Where does Dahlin play on Detroit? LD1 or RD1, PPD1.

Where does Seider play on Buffalo? RD2. PPD...4?

Seider's floor was higher than Dahlin's floor, as evidenced by the excellent rookie season and Calder. But Dahlin's ceiling has been and continues to be way ahead of Seider.

Seider's play and points have gone down each season. Dahlin has gotten better and better (all-around). This season they even have the same number of hits (153 Dahlin, 151 Seider) for folks who tell you that Seider is a wrecking ball compared to Dahlin. And Seider is, in general, more physical. He also has a much worse Corsi and has a lot more opportunity to throw hits because he doesn't control the ice and possession.

Note: Seider would look a lot better with Byram, but the sample size of BB-4 and R2-D2 is so small that we don't even know how good they can be.

• LGR4GM locked this topic