GDT: Oilers at Sabres 3-9-2024 12:30 start MSG

spndnchz

Just now, ExWNYer said:

There was a lot of pearl clutching on these boards after they dealt Mitts for him.

You can expect the pearl clutching to recommence when Byram cools off and Mitts heats up in Colorado. 

But it’s easy to see why Byram was thought of as a good player with a ton of upside. 

• Like (+1) 5

Standing around in our own zone… Playing 5x5 like it’s a PP instead of going after the puck… Lucky to escape that shift.

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

You can expect the pearl clutching to recommence when Byram cools off and Mitts heats up in Colorado. 

But it’s easy to see why Byram was thought of as a good player with a ton of upside. 

Surround Mitts with a good team in a winning enviroment with good coaching and I’d expect him to take a step forward. The inverse could be true with Byrum but hopefully not.

• Like (+1) 1

I thought they played a good, hard nosed 1st period. Unfortunate bad angle off the body goal and Skinner falling down to start the shortie rush, but over all, they weathered this high end talent Oilers team very well. A lot of stick work and body work against puck movement in the D zone, you can clearly see it breaks up the flow of the oilers slick players.

Failure to bury chances continues to plague this team, and I counted 3 golden opportunities around the Oils net. But if I stand corrected, very good. Need finish, these guys must get the killer instinct back.

1st Period Grade: B-

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Surround Mitts with a good team in a winning enviroment with good coaching and I’d expect him to take a step forward. The inverse could be true with Byrum but hopefully not.

Mitts was with Nichushkin and Drouin last night. He was on PP2, he’ll get some points.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, French Collection said:

This is a men’s league Power, a one handed wave at the puck is not enough to keep it in vs a man with two hands on his stick.

But how would he fare in the PWHL?

Edited by ExWNYer

Geez… Missed opportunity there… Only get so many in a game… Wasting ours.