Adams press conference post trade deadline

PASabreFan

Listening to Adams hem and haw about the need to fill specific holes as opposed to bringing in top six F with grit, leaves me unimpressed with his plan… Explains his confidence he has the leadership on the roster in 23-24 year olds… Kids leading kids… Maybe Girgesons gets the C at some point early next year… 

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

There's some really good hockey out there.

There is.

May need to take the GDTs to strange new worlds, to seek out new teams and new-colored sweaters, to boldly find enjoyable hockey where this franchise fears to go.

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

This guy is the biggest clown I  can't wait till he's gone. 

He is here forever 

4 minutes ago, Radar said:

I had hopes for the coach and GM but any hope has evaporated. Only thing that I can hope for is the owner will crawl out of whatever cave he's been in and sell the team. Frankly I've pretty much stopped watching awhile back.

I completely stopped watching 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Goldseatsaud said:

When season tickets dwindle to nothing they might wake up

I'm shocked that so many pay to go to games. I've stopped watching on TV let alone pay. We don't even have decent broadcasting anymore. There's not one thing about this entire franchise that I feel positive about. Been around since the Knox family and this is the lowest this franchise has been in my opinion. That press conference confirmed it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

There is.

May need to take the GDTs to strange new worlds, to seek out new teams and new-colored sweaters, to boldly find enjoyable hockey where this franchise fears to go.

My problem is that I tend to hate all the other teams out of either jealousy or old-school rivalry reasons. I had a nice run here in Chicago before Toews and Kane faded ... but what other teams don't I hate?

I just feel depressed after this; we are effectively trapped between endless mediocrity or even worse or Pegulas sell and we are moved to Houston or the like and I want to die because my favorite team has been literally stolen from me. It feels as if they are completely content with just endlessly playing the development card and not pushing to make the playoffs barring a fluke occurrence akin to last year.

People should picket the stadium and wear paper bags on their heads. I like many fans are sick of endlessly waiting for the "right time" I firmly and whole heartedly understand its hard to make moves, it's hard to sign players and build a team; but then at very least show some freaking emotion and anger. Tell the media the year hasn't been good and you are looking at options for making the playoffs next season. Tell the the youngsters play hard or play in Rochester next year and/or during games you'll become well acquainted with the bench. I'm a patient fan that tries to see the good in most things but this press conference just feels like

Explosion Reaction GIF

WAKE THE ***** UP!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

And the insane thing is he literally said he is not happy with the dreaded "compete" level of most of his players.

The irony is thick coming from a guy who has never tried to win.

Think the two aren't related?

Some of the ex players on tsn today talked about how motivated players become in environments like Vegas because of the fact they always go all out to win 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

What I gathered from Adams' press conference is that I should watch more (maybe exclusively) games of other NHL teams.

That bad eh? Seems there’s some pretty strong feelings in this thread about the conference. Maybe I won’t watch it 

58 minutes ago, Radar said:

I'm shocked that so many pay to go to games. I've stopped watching on TV let alone pay. We don't even have decent broadcasting anymore. There's not one thing about this entire franchise that I feel positive about. Been around since the Knox family and this is the lowest this franchise has been in my opinion. That press conference confirmed it.

100% where I'm at.  This franchise has no redeeming features.  I can't think of anything positive about it right now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

So everyone is finally understanding what I’ve been saying for years.  This clown has no idea how to build a playoff team or run a legit NHL team.  

Well I sure hope he does because if we need another GM we’ll be waiting for another rebuild or watch a guy like Chirelli continuously embarrass us with trades that are mind numbingly stupid.

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, Thorny said:

That bad eh? Seems there’s some pretty strong feelings in this thread about the conference. Maybe I won’t watch it 

The gist of it is pretty simple: he believes in his people and he believes in his plan.

When the fanbase absolutely believes neither, and is essentially told - yet again - to be patient, depression sets in.

I'm signing off, probably for the duration of the season unless something notable happens. I like this place most of the time, but sharing in the lamentations isn't really my thing.

The past few days brought back some good hockey talk though. Thanks for that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

When plans fail or are failing and there's seemingly no tack to the right or left, THAT is when depression sets in.

Brandon Beane's plan this season failed. After about 24-48 hours no fans were depressed.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

When plans fail or are failing and there's seemingly no tack to the right or left, THAT is when depression sets in.

Brandon Beane's plan this season failed. After about 24-48 hours no fans were depressed.

Great comparison. Well said

• Like (+1) 1