Byram realized buffalo has zero coaching

Buffalonill

• Buffalonill changed the title to Byram realized buffalo has zero coaching
15 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

It all makes sense now 

68AA5B37-5EB2-4F43-8DF2-8CC373BA3EFF.jpe

You said you wanted to see Buffalo bring in someone with experience. It says a lot when they apparently found leadership and experience come in a 22 year old.

And what that that says isn’t a positive for the management.

• Like (+1) 4

There may be merit to the idea they need to learn from someone with legit experience, but with such an overkill of youth they struggle to relate to older players. Maybe they do need a Byram.

“There’s a dude bro we can trust.”

Imo, under this line of thinking I don’t understand how Granato could still be here, for a team in such need of experience. Maybe they think a vet coach would be tuned out 

16 minutes ago, RochesterExpat said:

You said you wanted to see Buffalo bring in someone with experience. It says a lot when they apparently found leadership and experience come in a 22 year old.

And what that that says isn’t a positive for the management.

Or the current players 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Thorny said:

There may be merit to the idea they need to learn from someone with legit experience, but with such an overkill of youth they struggle to relate to older players. Maybe they do need a Byram.

Imo, under this line of thinking I don’t understand how Granato could still be here, for a team in such need of experience. Maybe they think a vet coach would be tuned out 

It feels like it is almost mite hockey like....

"Ok when the puck is in the right corner LW you go here, C you go there, RD stand at the blue line along the boards. Now if it is in the right corner, everybody do the opposite." 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Mango said:

It feels like it is almost mite hockey like....

"Ok when the puck is in the right corner LW you go here, C you go there, RD stand at the blue line along the boards. Now if it is in the right corner, everybody do the opposite." 

Everyone just travels around in a big pack 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I saw that as well and started fast forwarding the game at that point.  I realized that the Sabres are hopeless.

They need to fire the entire coaching staff and get serious about who is running the team on the ice. Granato completely failed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Shoot da Puck said:

The guy basically know nothing about Granoto's  defense.

I agree and think this is a good thing.  Donny’s defensive systems are proven to be HORRIBLE.  This is not an opinion, it’s back up by stats and overwhelming observable evidence. See Sabres ‘22-‘23 and ‘23-‘24.

• Like (+1) 1

Granted I had the sound down, but I only noticed him direct traffic once.

I also see him skate into traffic (without the puck) where we already had two guys.

I agree that being more mobile is what the PP needs, but I think the twitter clip is greatly exaggerating all the good Byram is doing. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shoot da Puck said:

Ok, seriously,  the guy has 2 hours practice with the team. If it was me, he doesn't play with the starters for at least 3 days.

The guy basically know nothing about Granoto's  defense.

I thought Granato’s system was like playing pickup hockey. 

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

WE NEED A COACH.

How can the truth be slapping everyone in the face, yet everyone is completely oblivious to it?

"Mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed."

~Thomas Jefferson

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I posted this just before the Sabres game started last night...

I'm watching the Devils Blues game, and NJ just got off of a powerplay. They didn't score, not even many great chances...but I noticed they seem to do EVERYTHING on the Powerplay much faster than the Sabres...especially entering the zone.  They carry the puck in with speed, and when they pass the puck around it just happens so much faster and more often...its almost like the Sabres PP in comparision is watching them on the first day of practice on the first day of training camp.

Maybe its just Jack Hughes is so fast and so skilled he can carry the puck in like that and the Sabres dont' have anyone.  Even when they had Eichel, he was fast but he didn't use his speed entering the zone on the PP (he would mostly carry it in and then slow down).  I'm not sure if the Sabres have anyone that can play that way....maybe, MAYBE Dahlin is probably the most 'skilled' puck handler on the team...I wonder if there was every a though of letting someone else QB the PP from the blue line..and let Dahlin be one of the guys to not only carry the puck in, but actually play down low instead of up high at the blue-line?

Edited by mjd1001

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

I posted this just before the Sabres game started last night...

I'm watching the Devils Blues game, and NJ just got off of a powerplay. They didn't score, not even many great chances...but I noticed they seem to do EVERYTHING on the Powerplay much faster than the Sabres...especially entering the zone.  They carry the puck in with speed, and when they pass the puck around it just happens so much faster and more often...its almost like the Sabres PP in comparision is watching them on the first day of practice on the first day of training camp.

Maybe its just Jack Hughes is so fast and so skilled he can carry the puck in like that and the Sabres dont' have anyone.  Even when they had Eichel, he was fast but he didn't use his speed entering the zone on the PP (he would mostly carry it in and then slow down).  I'm not sure if the Sabres have anyone that can play that way....maybe, MAYBE Dahlin is probably the most 'skilled' puck handler on the team...I wonder if there was every a though of letting someone else QB the PP from the blue line..and let Dahlin be one of the guys to not only carry the puck in, but actually play down low instead of up high at the blue-line?

You mean they don’t start skating and then drop pass it to a teammate in their own zone who then tries to bust threw three defenders before getting picked off… weird 🤔

Byram - Dahlin

Johnson - Power

Samuelsson - Clifton

… has a chance to be pretty fun and formidable if there’s a strong UPL and Vet backup/absolutely ready Levi combo behind it. 

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Byram - Dahlin

Johnson - Power

Samuelsson - Clifton

… has a chance to be pretty fun and formidable if there’s a strong UPL and Vet backup/absolutely ready Levi combo behind it. 

In what year tho?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Byram - Dahlin

Johnson - Power

Samuelsson - Clifton

I think it will be Jokiharju not Johnson.

But either way, I agree.

We make a big deal about their youth — and it's relevant — but Henri and Ras are now vets by games played and Clifton by age. Power will be in his 3rd season and Byram and Samuelsson their fourth.

There's good size, elite skating, good compete and well above-average puck skills.

Hopefully the experience factor clicks.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

In what year tho?

Dahlin is in his prime and Byram should be in his so, I could see Adams thinking as soon as next year, if Power takes a jump. It may totally not be by next season, or even ever. But I think Adams thinking it could happen next season is reasonable 

If it’s not, and we miss the playoffs: he should simply be fired

But it absolutely could work.

Skate or die 

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I think it will be Jokiharju not Johnson.

But either way, I agree.

We make a big deal about their youth — and it's relevant — but Henri and Ras are now vets by games played and Clifton by age. Power will be in his 3rd season and Byram and Samuelsson their fourth.

There's good size, elite skating, good compete and well above-average puck skills.

Hopefully the experience factor clicks.

Speaking of experience, I would love a safety net backup we could set our watch to behind UPL. at least, relative to Comrie and Levi

if it’s Levi they have to be SURE sure