GDT: Buffalo Sabres @ Nashville Predators 3-7-2024 8pm MSG Radio 55

6 hours ago, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

Please please please let us this hellish ride end! LOL Expecting another listless offense joke. You know the one where there is zero shots in 15 minutes or maybe only 2 in a whole period. Until this team changes this is the fan they are getting from me. F Management, F Ownership, F the lazy useless players. 

The Sabres didn't leave Toronto until 2am last night because of traffic, and because of going through customs didn't get to their Nashville hotel rooms until 5am. So I'm sure you'll be ready to shred 'em when they underperform tonight. The NHL schedule makers are a the joke.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Nashville has been surprisingly good this year and especially good lately so they are in the hunt for the playoffs rather than in full rebuild - some teams get it done. So, if Sabres bring the crap they brought against the leafs it's another loss. But with this team who knows? Might be the best of the year effort, it seems unpredictable.

"Obviously" (to quote Conor Clifton) it will be interesting to see BB and to see if he gets confused by how badly our forwards play D compared to Colorado. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This is what I’d do bc we don’t have a top line at the moment.  

Greenway - Thompson - Rousek 

Skinner - Krebs - Tuch  

Benson - Cozens - JPP 

Shuffle in game if needed.   I need Thompson away from Skinner it feels like teams have just figured out how to play them.  And if Krebs is getting a bigger role then give it to him.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

I know all the hate on here but we need goals and VO can score, thus I am hoping we finally use the guy instead of scratching him every game and just lowering any value he had in any trade. We just traded our top scorer so it stands to reason that we need scoring. I am use to all the negative on this board but we need someone to score...apparently the "top" line has forgotten how to score

Edited by sabrefanday1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Second Line Center said:

This is what I’d do bc we don’t have a top line at the moment.  

Greenway - Thompson - Rousek 

Skinner - Krebs - Tuch  

Benson - Cozens - JPP 

Shuffle in game if needed.   I need Thompson away from Skinner it feels like teams have just figured out how to play them.  And if Krebs is getting a bigger role then give it to him.   

Would like to see VO play and score.   Maybe it will help his value.  

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Would anyone else be that surprised if VO moves and becomes a somewhat meaningful contributor when properly coached and properly used? I will give the guy credit - scratched a LOT this year but still seems to come to play (within his skillset) when called up on.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

37 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I made my lines thinking he won’t play tonight the 2nd in a back to back if they’re trading him - maybe?  

If he plays and stays on the team:

Greenway - Thompson - Tuch 

Skinner - Krebs - VO

Benson - Cozens - JPP 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

Send Ryan Johnson to Rochester and let Him play top pairing minutes.

You know, I don't mind Bryson playing though.  He seems to mop up a lot of messes lately.

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The Sabres didn't leave Toronto until 2am last night because of traffic, and because of going through customs didn't get to their Nashville hotel rooms until 5am. So I'm sure you'll be ready to shred 'em when they underperform tonight. The NHL schedule makers are a the joke.

We benefited from it vs Carolina 

it giveth and taketh

3 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Send Ryan Johnson to Rochester and let Him play top pairing minutes.

Tired: ^

Wired: Send Comrie to Rochester and play Ryan Johnson in goal 

• Haha (+1) 2

I guess Adams is trying to DO the Nashville model from a few years back, no? Somewhat? 

If D is going to be your strength make it REALLY your strength, multiple great defenders, and strong tending, whether it’s the massive Rinne/UPL or the diminutive Saros/Levi?