Casey Mittelstadt traded for Bowen Byram

inkman

23 hours ago, Mango said:

No we do not. 

We have some kids who might be good top 6 forwards in 3-6 years. 

At some point the Sabres need to field a capable roster today. Not a roster full of kids who might be more capable tomorrow. 

Edit: I will add that I think Sabres only had above average top 6 play from Tage, Mitts, and JJP this season. The rest were middling middle 6 at best this past season. 

I think we need help at the top of the roster too. 

No *****.

23 hours ago, Doohickie said:

And we've seen just how long it's taken Tage, Mitts and Cozy to develop.  Krebs is still a work in progress at best.  And @seer775 thinks someone's gonna jump out of Rochester and be our 3C?  Fat chance.

Byram hasn't filled an obvious hole, and now we have a Mitts-shaped hole in the forward ranks.

As others have said, this trade only makes sense if Adams as a plan to fill that hole.

Top 4D is more important than Bottom 6F.

You wanna give Joker, RJ, Mule, or Clifton top minutes? Would get us the best draft picks, if that's what you want.

Edited by seer775

15 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Not sure I trust them any less than Byram, tbh.

The answer to 3C is Chandler Stephenson or Sean Monahan.

Still need a Top 4D to pair with Power. OEL, Walker, Montour, and Tanev are my votes.

Still have to figure out what to do with Krebs. If he doesnt put up at least 30 points this year, he's out.

Edited by seer775
  • Like (+1) 1

On 5/1/2024 at 2:17 PM, sabremike said:

1- Trade Top 6 center for defenseman whose career has fallen off a cliff and is a complete liability in his own end.

2- ????????????????

3- PROFIT!

#2 is "hire back the last coach that had any success with the team without looking elsewhere"

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, seer775 said:

The answer to 3C is Chandler Stephenson or Sean Monahan.

Still need a Top 4D to pair with Power. OEL, Walker, Montour, and Tanev are my votes.

Still have to figure out what to do with Krebs. If he doesnt put up at least 30 points this year, he's out.

Does he not suck really bad ? 

Anyway my answer for 3C is Dylan Cozens and signing Stamkos as UFA 😛

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Does he not suck really bad ? 

Anyway my answer for 3C is Dylan Cozens and signing Stamkos as UFA 😛

This times a gazillion. Any center signing that pushes Cozens to 3 C is gold in my book of various things.

• Like (+1) 1

Dylan Cozens had a bad year.

Even with that bad year, his 47 points ranked him as a low-end 2C.

The 68 points he scored last year would have ranked him as a low-end 1C this year alongside, Eichel, O’Reilly, Larkin, Horvat and Hischier.

There is no doubt in my mind Dylan Cozens will be a very competent 2C for the Sabres next year and probably for the majority of his contract.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

19 hours ago, dudacek said:

Dylan Cozens had a bad year.

Even with that bad year, his 47 points ranked him as a low-end 2C.

The 68 points he scored last year would have ranked him as a low-end 1C this year alongside, Eichel, O’Reilly, Larkin, Horvat and Hischier.

There is no doubt in my mind Dylan Cozens will be a very competent 2C for the Sabres next year and probably for the majority of his contract.

Cozens is the player who Ruff should have one of the biggest impacts on.

I am interested to see what the impact on Skinner’s Game is, ironically during His Krueger Season he was in the 89th percentile for defense for all forwards in the NHL that year per Evolving Hockey’s Model. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

Cozens is a solid 2C everyone had suppressed numbers this year 

They will look to UFA for a 3C. Ruff wants his veteran Gaustad. We have the cap to overpay for whoever this ends up being 

Chandler chandler chandler chandler chandler chandler chandler chandler chandler chandler chandler chandler