GDT / Carolina Hurricanes @ Buffalo Sabres, Sunday 6:05pm ESPN+ MSG & WGR Radio

Shoot da Puck

SabresHurricanesHockey(2).thumb.JPG.9fcdbc9b5f89ba0697a10434747a357b.JPG

The Carolina Hurricanes face the Buffalo Sabres with the two teams on opposite ends of the standings. The Hurricanes have a 34-17-5 record and with four wins in a row, they have the second-best record in the Metropolitan Division. The Sabres have a 26-27-4 record and are near the bottom of the Atlantic Division but have won back-to-back games. Both teams look to improve in the Eastern Conference and the upcoming game should be a great one as a result.

https://winnersandwhiners.com/games/nhl/2-25-2024/carolina-hurricanes-vs-buffalo-sabres-prediction-9905/

Sabres need to win like 10 more in a row to be in the mix bah haaa... ps my wife is trying to figure stats for nurses calculating z scores and p values testing the null hypothesis while cussing incessantly.... im thinking she could do it for the Sabres chances for missing the playoffs... the null hypothesis is them making the playoffs.  

PS then we could all cuss along with her...

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

This is a big test.  Earlier in the season the Sabres played really well against better teams and had some success.  This late in the season they are not likely to encounter a slack Canes side.  The Canes played last night so that could be an advantage for the Sabres.

PILLAGE !!

I never thought that raping and baby eating were very nice, but pillaging is halal (within reason).

What's that ??  

Nevermind the game is in Buffalo.

Anyway ... pillaging will have to wait.

MUST WIN !!

GO SABRES !!

SWORDS !!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Stads said:

Is tonight the night for a 3 game winning streak? The fact they are only 1 game under .500 and do not have one is pure insanity. I need it to happen for my own well-being.

High School Please GIF

Snl Nun GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha (+1) 2

Meaningless stat for tonight?

Of the teams active in the NHL, Carolina has the worst record on today's date compiling a 6-11-0-1 record all time, good for only a .361 points percentage.

Sabres have a 12-10-1-3 record good for a .538 points percentage. Advantage Sabres.

1 hour ago, Big Guava said:

Meaningless stat for tonight?

Of the teams active in the NHL, Carolina has the worst record on today's date compiling a 6-11-0-1 record all time, good for only a .361 points percentage.

Sabres have a 12-10-1-3 record good for a .538 points percentage. Advantage Sabres.

Anything that gives hope! 

27 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Looks like Power is back

And Eric Johnson 👍

• Like (+1) 1

I have “checked out” of the Sabres season at least 15 times. It’s right after that they usually go on a 2 game winning streak or win 9-2. I fully expect tonight to be a 4-1 turd now that they’ve drawn me in 

Edited by OverPowerYou
  • Agree 1

Notes: The Sabres have won five straight road games, the fifth-longest streak in franchise history. They’re 14-11-3 on the road this season but just 12-16-1 at home. … Defenseman Rasmus Dahlin skated 29 minutes, 54 seconds against Columbus, making him the first Sabres player to play at least 29 minutes in five consecutive games since the NHL began tracking ice time in 1997-98. … The Sabres had Saturday off.

This is it.

This is the turning point for this much maligned franchise.

A victory today and a 3 game winning streak turns into 10, carrying this momentum into a playoff birth for the first time in 12 years.

On the shoulders of a hot UPL they win their first league championship in franchise history, capturing 5 of the next 10 Stanley Cups as their seemingly bottomless pipeline of young talent matures year after year evolving into one if the greatest dynastys the game has ever seen.

Or not.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, pi2000 said:

This is it.

This is the turning point for this much maligned franchise.

A victory today and a 3 game winning streak turns into 10, carrying this momentum into a playoff birth for the first time in 12 years.

On the shoulders of a hot UPL they win their first league championship in franchise history, capturing 5 of the next 10 Stanley Cups as their seemingly bottomless pipeline of young talent matures year after year evolving into one if the greatest dynastys the game has ever seen.

Or not.

I think at this point, a three game win streak would feel like a Stanley Cup to this city.

1 minute ago, OverPowerYou said:

I can’t wait till we go on the 10 game win streak that we are overdue and the city jumps back on the Sabres wagon, only to finish 9th place 

10 game wind streak would not even get it done at this point unfortunately. It would still be nice to see it though.

• Like (+1) 1