GDT / Anaheim Ducks @ Buffalo Sabres Monday Feb 19th 12:30pm ESPN+ MSG & WGR Radio

Shoot da Puck

Untitled.jpg.02a625e0e09fd6fecdd15344437ff006.jpg

The Anaheim Ducks (19-33-2, 28-26 PL, 25-27-3 O/U) take on the Buffalo Sabres (24-26-3-1, 30-24 PL, 21-30-3 O/U) in an inter-conference bout on Monday afternoon. The Ducks were hit with a road loss by the Maple Leafs on Saturday. The Sabres posted an OT road win against the Wild. Anaheim recorded a 4-2 home win in the meeting last month.

https://winnersandwhiners.com/games/nhl/2-19-2024/anaheim-ducks-vs-buffalo-sabres-prediction-3222/

Edited by Shoot da Puck
  • Thanks (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, inkman said:

I haven’t had Presidents’ Day off in 25 years.  

I think this is the first President’s day off in my entire career.

should I spend it watching the sabres?

bad news magic 8 ball GIF by Originals

Edited by Weave
  • Haha (+1) 6

4 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I hate hate hate HATE   Monday afternoon games.

Could you imagine being a fan on the left coast having to tune in at 9:30 am?

About the same as a fan on the right coast having to tune in at 10:30 pm to watch the Sabres play?

I'll trade you no Monday afternoon games when east coast teams host west coast teams for a few weekend afternoon games when west coast teams host east coast teams?  🤝

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I hate hate hate HATE   Monday afternoon games.

Could you imagine being a fan on the left coast having to tune in at 9:30 am?

Paul Hamilton said that Tim Murray started this scheduling request so he could screw with western teams.

FYI: If the game is going bad you can switch to the NHL Network which is showing the Amerks at Toronto game at 2pm EST.

• Thanks (+1) 1

It's a holiday in most of Canada too.  Heritage Day here in NS.

I am working for a bit for my regular clients, but I will not contact them.  Just about everyone has the day off.

I am working a 5 hour shift at my Intuit job this afternoon / evening.  Since it's a stat holiday I will be paid for 15.5 hours - good deal.

MUST WIN !!

GO SABRES !!

AVENGE SOMEBODY !!

SWORDS !!

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Weave said:

I think this is the first President’s day off in my entire career.

should I spend it watching the sabres?

bad news magic 8 ball GIF by Originals

A quick google search tells me only 20% of Americans have today off.  I know kids have it off, so is everyone else using PTO for today?  

• Like (+1) 1

It’s Youth Hockey Day in Sabre Land.  

Since the early 70’s the Sabres PR department, under the excellent leadership of Paul Wieland, started a free afternoon open Sabres practice for the kids.  Many kids that I knew never went to real Sabres game back then because every game was sold out, 16,433 in The Aud every game.   So this was a way for kids to see the team and for the players  to reach out.   They practiced drills,  played a blue gold scrimmage, and Paul would put on his pads.   These were great events, lots of fun, and always filled to capacity.  

Perhaps some of the old timers here attended one, they first occurred over Christmas break when schools were closed.  The community really loved this team, Gilbert, Rico, Rene, Schoeny, Kong, Luce, Rammer, etc.    

I guess all this died out and morphed into matinee games, kids day, and today’s matinee targets specifically - Youth Hockey Day.  

The crowd today will consist mostly of young families with kids.  Lots and lots of local youth hockey boys and girls will be there wearing their team’s jersey and cheering for the Sabres.   Within those kids there may possibly be a few future players, and hopefully even some future fans.  

The Sabres better be ready to play hard, be positive role models, put on a good show, win a home game, and acknowledge those kids in the crowd afterward.   If that’s not the tradition anymore then it should be.  

Edited by Pimlach

41 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

Taking my son and I'm torn about how I'm supposed to be reacting.   Am I cheering or heckling?  Both simultaneously?

Teach him to cheer.   Teach him about loyalty, honor, and tradition.   Don’t let this current regimes flaws ruin a good day.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

54 minutes ago, Shoot da Puck said:

I never miss an afternoon game. Never....

When I was a Caps season ticket holder, loved afternoon games… Got to start my party early… That was then…

Sober 35 years now…

• Like (+1) 3

57 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

Taking my son and I'm torn about how I'm supposed to be reacting.   Am I cheering or heckling?  Both simultaneously?

Cheer. Point to the Sabres bench and say These are Sabres today. Point to SHK NRK RJ and the retired players and say These are Sabres forever.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.