GDT / Anaheim Ducks @ Buffalo Sabres Monday Feb 19th 12:30pm ESPN+ MSG & WGR Radio

Shoot da Puck

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

They all are. Granato interviews are no different than every coach's interview. I think they are all a waste of time.

Except for Darryl Sutter interviews:  Pure gold.

Edited by Doohickie
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Maybe so.  But then there is Torts.

We lost because we sucked.

We won because we had balls.   

😅

I often wonder if Donnie would just love to throw KA under the bus. These guys should play harder with no coach on the bench but for the sheer competitiveness of a team sport. 

22 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Credit to @johnwawrow for asking one tough question. Granato said the team wasn't dealing with pressure well. John asked wasn't that what last year was for? To learn that skill? "It's a process!" Don started to get a little snippy. Not used to being questioned. 

Hoppe had his hard hitter... Comment on how Krebs' line was the best line on the ice in the first. Lyskowski... Is Tage trending up?

Mike's been tamed but did come up a direct question about Skinner.

John also had the temerity to say it's about wins after Granato claimed the Sabres have made many strides in areas that needed improvement.

The coach said, "Obviously" it's about the wins.

It's not obvious to a lot of us that winning is what Sabres hockey is about.

This is one thing I have big problems to stand. As a European I am used to the preasure on the team from media and fans that we mostly see in soccer, but also might appear in hockey. The persons that make interviews in NHL are just writing yes-sayers who enjoy beeing around a hockey-team. They never put coaches and gm:s against the wall, cause then they are not allowed to hang around anymore. That is what I think. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, ... said:

The challenge is that Adams let this go for too long. Dahlin's on-ice fits are symptomatic. Any veteran, say like an Eric Johnson, are going to come in here and try to grapple with the culture, but the culture has such deep roots that Adams would have to ship off over half the team and replace them with right-minded vets if he expects that tactic to work. And half of the remaining roster would have to buy-in to the move completely and immediately, or, once again, there will quickly develop factions in the locker room.

I don't exactly know where to go from here. Lets say they fire Donnie in the offseason? These guys already told us they would protest. 

2 hours ago, Mango said:

I don't exactly know where to go from here. Lets say they fire Donnie in the offseason? These guys already told us they would protest. 

Protest?  What is this, Lord of the Flies?  

Their protest will start with anger and choice words, no doubt some comments about it not being fair.  Then hopefully it dawns on them that this happens all the time in hockey and that they had a major role in their coach getting fired.  After that they better grow from it and move on.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Their protest will start with anger and choice words, no doubt some comments about it not being fair.  Then hopefully it dawns on them that this happen all the time in hockey and that they had a major role in their coach getting fired.  After that they better grow from it and move on.  

Ha. 

I mean the fans said "fire the coach" and in turn the team snubbed them. 

What is the team going to do if management actually fires him?

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Their protest will start with anger and choice words, no doubt some comments about it not being fair.  Then hopefully it dawns on them that this happen all the time in hockey and that they had a major role in their coach getting fired.  After that they better grow from it and move on.  

I can only hit the '👍' once. Would have done it five times if I could have. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Ha. 

I mean the fans said "fire the coach" and in turn the team snubbed them. 

What is the team going to do if management actually fires him?

They’ll come out flat the first 40 minutes, not just the first 20. That’ll show us! 

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.