NHL trade deadline 2024: Should Sabres, Kevyn Adams buy, sell or hold?

5 minutes ago, Norcal said:

IF there's pending free agents the Sabres aren't interested in keeping who WANT to test the waters AND teams are interested in trading for them, I'd do it. 

Move em out and move on. 

No more getting the boys back together for another run, at futility.

Get some *****in players in here that want to win now and show it every shift.

Might have to wait till the offseason for that though.

Adams has not made one impact trade since he's been here.

I hope he's gone in the summer 

• Like (+1) 1

I’m gonna quote the real Punch (paraphrasing)  “Anytime I can make a trade to improve the club I’m going to do it”.  

If there are deadline deals that make us better than you make them.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Adams has not made one impact trade since he's been here.

I hope he's gone in the summer 

Doubtful. He's done nothing worth firing him for. 

Other than he's done nothing.

Terry probably likes the slow play *****. 

We need to look at how Van has handled their business since the last trade deadline

Over the last year, Van’s GM - dumped Horvat, Tanner Pearson and 3 depth players and ended up with Lindholm, Hronek, Zadorov, Lafferty and DeSmith through 10 different important trades.  He also signed UFAs Ian Cole, Blueger and Carson Soucey.

Talk about an aggressively remaking his roster,

We don’t need this drastic of an overhaul, but KA could learn some lessons from a GM willing to do what is necessary to build a winner.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Doubtful. He's done nothing worth firing him for. 

Other than he's done nothing.

Terry probably likes the slow play *****. 

Still expect that Adams gets at least 2 more years (maybe if things really go off the rails next year that could be it for him) and that Granato gets at least 1 more year.  (Though if Brind'amour truly were to be open to walking away from the Canes, Adams should be on top of that like white on rice.)

And Adams has said repeatedly that he won't sacrifice the future for ST benefits.

So, am expecting very little leading to and at this trade deadline.  Unless the possibility of forcing their way back into the playoff picture has happened or looks likely by the deadline, the Sabres will sell some of the impending UFAs.  Whether it becomes a wholesale dumping of them remains to be seen and will be very dependent upon them still hovering around an NHL 0.500.

Do expect a couple of trades bringing in lower end guys for cheap much like the Stillman and Greenway trades last year.  But just not seeing the blockbuster as it sure seems like Adams still believes in his guys and expect he chalks much of the nonmeeting of expectations on the injuries they've suffered.

Trade deadline day used to be so fun and lately its just a big disappointment.  Well, this year there are no expectations of anything fun happening, so it by definition CAN'T be a disappointment.  So, take THAT Mr. Adams.  You can't ruin trade deadline day because it's already reeking of a 2 week old whale carcass.  And should you find a way to either sell some of the rotting blubber for something good or accidentally blow up half the beach trying to move it back out to sea, well either will be entertaining but neither is expected.

@Taro T I think the last truly fun deadline day was with Regier running the show.  And even then, the last with hime were sellers.

Its been a long ***** time since deadline day was fun for a Sabres fan.  Was Roy for Ott the last fun trade?

Edited by Weave

1 minute ago, Weave said:

@Taro T I think the last truly fun deadline day was with Regier running the show.  And even then, the last with hime were sellers.

Its been a long ***** time since deadline day was fun for a Sabres fan.  Was Roy for Ott the last fun trade?

That was in the summer I believe 

1 minute ago, Weave said:

That's probably correct.

Doesn't mean we can't pine for better.  (But this year am not going to do so.  #### 'em.  Not losing an entire day of productivity watching Jordan Greenway end up the prize at the bottom of the Cracker Jack box.)

Every player should be on the table for trading there are no untouchable Buffalo Sabres players. As a Sabres fan I would be proud if the Sabres traded Tage Thompson and Alex Tuch for starters. And to really shock Sabres fans that players are going to be held accountable. I would trade both Rasmus Dahlin and Owen Power for veteran players enough with the immature kids that have no accountability for their teams terrible performances night after night. I am not talking tanking. I am talking packages getting good quality NHL veteran players that are proven in the NHL in return. I don’t care about age. I want John Tavares from the Toronto Maple Leafs badly for starters and he is your new Sabres captain. I build the Sabres like the George Allen 1970’s Washington Redskins over the hill gang that went to the Super Bowl losing to the Miami Dolphins to win now. I don’t care about potential this Sabres organization needs to make the playoffs next year or there may not be any Buffalo Sabres in Buffalo in the future? This not making the playoffs yearly can’t go on. I trade with the Detroit Red Wings for Patrick Kane now but only if Kane agrees to a contract extension beyond this season. We need proven players that can get Buffalo fans to go to games again. I trade for a veteran goalie and much older smarter defenseman that have a clue not to turn the puck over. I want the Buffalo Sabres 30 years old plus no one younger than 25 years old. No more kids college and AHL development. The NHL is a man’s league not for teenagers that don’t have a clue what personal responsibility is all about when you sign a NHL contract. I would rather lose with Tavares and Kane atleast I know they have some personal professional pride. That is what I would do along with firing Don Granato and if Kevyn Adams doesn’t want to go along with the new direction of the Sabres organization fire him as well. I want a proven experienced NHL coach no more college and minor league coaches learning on the job in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 1
  • dislike 3

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Every player should be on the table for trading there are no untouchable Buffalo Sabres players.

Every player. Zero untouchables.  Its all in the matter of what you get for them.

Is McDavid untouchable to Edmonton? By most definitions yes, but you never say anyone is untouchable.  Give Edmonton McKinnon, a futre first, and Makar, and guess what, McDavid isn't so untouchable anymore.   Now is that realistic?  No, but the point is, you never declare anyone untouchable, you listen to offers for every single player in your orgainzation.  You can always say "no" after the offer is made, no reason to think you are not going to listen to anything.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Agree 1

Sabres need a veteran D-man and another couple veteran Forwards with size, grit, and proven desire to compete to win puck, wall, and crease battles.

Would trade any current player in the organization to get the right pieces for a Cup run next season…

Start now before the deadline… Finish the roster in the off season…

Pegula needs to ante up… and KA needs to get to work.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Every player should be on the table for trading there are no untouchable Buffalo Sabres players. As a Sabres fan I would be proud if the Sabres traded Tage Thompson and Alex Tuch for starters. And to really shock Sabres fans that players are going to be held accountable. I would trade both Rasmus Dahlin and Owen Power for veteran players enough with the immature kids that have no accountability for their teams terrible performances night after night. I am not talking tanking. I am talking packages getting good quality NHL veteran players that are proven in the NHL in return. I don’t care about age. I want John Tavares from the Toronto Maple Leafs badly for starters and he is your new Sabres captain. I build the Sabres like the George Allen 1970’s Washington Redskins over the hill gang that went to the Super Bowl losing to the Miami Dolphins to win now. I don’t care about potential this Sabres organization needs to make the playoffs next year or there may not be any Buffalo Sabres in Buffalo in the future? This not making the playoffs yearly can’t go on. I trade with the Detroit Red Wings for Patrick Kane now but only if Kane agrees to a contract extension beyond this season. We need proven players that can get Buffalo fans to go to games again. I trade for a veteran goalie and much older smarter defenseman that have a clue not to turn the puck over. I want the Buffalo Sabres 30 years old plus no one younger than 25 years old. No more kids college and AHL development. The NHL is a man’s league not for teenagers that don’t have a clue what personal responsibility is all about when you sign a NHL contract. I would rather lose with Tavares and Kane atleast I know they have some personal professional pride. That is what I would do along with firing Don Granato and if Kevyn Adams doesn’t want to go along with the new direction of the Sabres organization fire him as well. I want a proven experienced NHL coach no more college and minor league coaches learning on the job in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

the-office-michael-scott.gif

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95290s7c36z2jd3xjbtac

The Kane,John Tavares one also 

Edited by Buffalonill
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

So after Thompson, Tuch, Dahlin, and Power who else would you suggest Adams unloads next?

Trading for Patrick Kane and giving him a contract extension is really brilliant, btw. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TheAud said:

So after Thompson, Tuch, Dahlin, and Power who else would you suggest Adams unloads next?

Trading for Patrick Kane and giving him a contract extension is really brilliant, btw. 

I can’t promote someone not using the return button a few times in their post.  I have a hands enough time following along I don’t need to lose my place 14 times because it’s all one gobbled word puke.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, inkman said:

I can’t promote someone not using the return button a few times in their post.  I have a hands enough time following along I don’t need to lose my place 14 times because it’s all one gobbled word puke.  

Wait….. someone tried to read that post?

The Breakfast Club Ngapa GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, inkman said:

2 minutes ago, Weave said:

Wait….. someone tried to read that post?

The Breakfast Club Ngapa GIF

I'm not sure what got into me. 

Season 1 Starz GIF by Ash vs Evil Dead

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, TheAud said:

Don't forget about trading for aging Tavares Who's gonna be 34

Ugh.

This post hurts my head,...

...both in content and execution.