GDT: Sabres @ Kings - Wed Jan 24, 2024, 10:30 pm ET MSG, ESPN+ Bally Sports West 📺 WGR 📻

Spoonman

1 minute ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Nice comeback win by the Buffalo Sabres over the Los Angeles Kings tonight. Onto the San Jose Sharks game Saturday afternoon in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

This guys a bot 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I can't quite decide if the Sabres horrible start lulled the Kings to sleep, or the Sabres woke up after no doubt being yelled at. Maybe a bit of both. 

This was more like a proper hockey game but as you all know we don't get that every night. We get the opposite more often than not. 

Peterka was obviously very good but I found myself thinking it's the kids who don't have the long term deals yet leading the way again. Cynical? Why yes, it's what this team's done to me. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I can't quite decide if the Sabres horrible start lulled the Kings to sleep, or the Sabres woke up after no doubt being yelled at. Maybe a bit of both. 

This was more like a proper hockey game but as you all know we don't get that every night. We get the opposite more often than not. 

Peterka was obviously very good but I found myself thinking it's the kids who don't have the long term deals yet leading the way again. Cynical? Why yes, it's what this team's done to me. 

They still suck.  

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

TNT has been playing more physical lately. Can’t hit the net but at least he’s doing something.

He needs to stay above the faceoff dots in the defensive zone though.  When he tries to help down low he's a turnover machine and it seems other teams know it.

Since Comrie last played (12/5), they're scuffling along at DeLuca .500. 11-9-2

Still inconsistent, still nowhere near playoff pace or showing any fancy stat indications that they'll be capable of a hot streak, still awful game starts and powerplays.

On the positive side, maybe they draft outside the top 10.

• Thanks (+1) 1

"Drew Doughty believes selfishness has crept into the dressing room over the past month, saying players “started thinking [Wednesday] was a cookie night, and we stopped playing the way we know how to play” after going up 3-1 at 9:44 of the first period against Buffalo."  (from NHL.com)

That makes sense. Sabres in town. Cookie night. 

Funny reading how Todd McLellan LA coach took full repsonsibility for the loss, saying that it was on him. He is a pretrty goo dcoach but the team has been pretty bad lately and I give him credit for doing this. Have we ever heard DG once take responsibility after any loss (and there has been many in his tenure)? I was almost hoping we'd lose and then again Satriuday then maybe KA would be forced to do something, but yet again we win when I think we'll lose and we lost when I thought we 'd win. 

On anoter note, I too am cynical that it is the younger guys not signed to those massive contracts yet that are leading the way...

I didn't watch the game but saw the recap this morning so it would be fraudulent of me to act as if I knew what transpired. Based on the recap, it looked like Mitts was on a line with Quinn and Peterka. In one of the goals I saw Mitts make a subtle move and nice pass to Quinn for his score. It seems to me not putting Mitts on a line with scorers is wasting his set-up talents. 

I really liked the sequence on Tuch's goal. Krebs fought for the puck in the corner, got it to Robinson, who down low made a nice pass to Tuch who quickly got the shot off in tight quarters. Robinson made a nice pass to Tuch for the conversion. 

One positive takeaway is that although the Sabres were down, they kept at it. They were not deflated.  At least they showed some fight. Why didn't they do that the previous night against an inferior opponent?

I would appreciate it if those who watched the game could give me an assessment on the play of Levi. 

If the Sabres beat the Sharks would this be considered a successful road trip? I would say no because in the first game of the trip they lost an opportunity against a lesser opponent. This team is not in a position to squander any opportunities. 

• Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Well i'm certainly shocked to wake up to a win

Me too.  Certainly mixed emotions about it.   I HATE the fact that there is a part of my brain that hopes the Sabres lose !!!  And believe me , it has nothing to do with getting a better draft pick!

16 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I didn't watch the game but saw the recap this morning so it would be fraudulent of me to act as if I knew what transpired. Based on the recap, it looked like Mitts was on a line with Quinn and Peterka. In one of the goals I saw Mitts make a subtle move and nice pass to Quinn for his score. It seems to me not putting Mitts on a line with scorers is wasting his set-up talents. 

I really liked the sequence on Tuch's goal. Krebs fought for the puck in the corner, got it to Robinson, who down low made a nice pass to Tuch who quickly got the shot off in tight quarters. Robinson made a nice pass to Tuch for the conversion. 

One positive takeaway is that although the Sabres were down, they kept at it. They were not deflated.  At least they showed some fight. Why didn't they do that the previous night against an inferior opponent?

I would appreciate it if those who watched the game could give me an assessment on the play of Levi. 

If the Sabres beat the Sharks would this be considered a successful road trip? I would say no because in the first game of the trip they lost an opportunity against a lesser opponent. This team is not in a position to squander any opportunities. 

Levi was very shaky start of the game… Gave up two quick goals on four shots… Another soon thereafter… Almost got pulled, but he settled down after the Sabres scored… Watch Granato’s postgame interview…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

NHL Recap shows Thompson as the #1 Star??… Can’t be right… JJ had to be the First Star.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.