GDT: 1/11/24 Ottawa Senators @ Buffalo Sabres 7 pm MSGtv radio

bob_sauve28

32 minutes ago, TageMVP said:

The coaching staff needs to keep this grittier lineup together. No more Oloffsson, no more rookies playing 3 minutes a night. 

Keep the balance. Then they might see some actual change in the win column 

Ryan Johnson, a rookie, should be playing over Joker.  

53 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Clifton with another plus night. He’s settled in nicely after a rough start.  Plus four on the year. 

He isn’t being played on his off side anymore. His confidence is up too. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Find a way to get 6 more points

VAN L

SJS W

CHI W

TBL W

We'd then be at 46pts in 46 games

That makes the path rather simple, to make the playoffs you need to be about 14 pts over your games played. It wouldn't be easy by any means but a hot streak would literally put us right back into the thick of things.

• Thanks (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Pimlach said:

He isn’t being played on his off side anymore. His confidence is up too. 

He also took a knee on knee with Tkacuck at the end of the game.  Hopefully he’s alright.

4 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Umm...........no. 

But watch KA sign him to a 2 million per 2 year contract next year and then watch him end up in Rochester by Christmas. 

They don’t have many, if any, players like him.  I’m hoping there is another player or two like him to fill out the bottom of the roster.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

VAN L

SJS W

CHI W

TBL W

That makes the path rather simple, to make the playoffs you need to be about 14 pts over your games played. It wouldn't be easy by any means but a hot streak would literally put us right back into the thick of things.

You've officially done more thinking about how to get the Sabres into the playoffs than KA has done. Congratulations.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

5 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Umm...........no. 

But watch KA sign him to a 2 million per 2 year contract next year and then watch him end up in Rochester by Christmas. 

Oh I'm sorry. I expressed a positive opinion of a Sabres player. I'll take my 40 lashes with a wet noodle now.

• Haha (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Oh I'm sorry. I expressed a positive opinion of a Sabres player. I'll take my 40 lashes with a wet noodle now.

I am with you on this - he brings a dynamic the rest of the roster lacks. He crashes the net hard - and when on a line with Krebs and Girgs - they all follow suit. It is a nice change of pace the opposing team has to deal with. VO is a fine press box piece. 

This goes beyond ER...Ryan Johnson needs to be in the lineup (which means moving Joker or sitting EJ). 

And Devon needs to go back to Rochester - he should have never been called back up. 

Best players need to be out there. Period. 

• Like (+1) 4

Britney Spears Dancing GIF by mortifiied

5 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Umm...........no. 

Edited by Pimlach

17 minutes ago, oddoublee said:

I am with you on this - he brings a dynamic the rest of the roster lacks. He crashes the net hard - and when on a line with Krebs and Girgs - they all follow suit. It is a nice change of pace the opposing team has to deal with. VO is a fine press box piece. 

This goes beyond ER...Ryan Johnson needs to be in the lineup (which means moving Joker or sitting EJ). 

And Devon needs to go back to Rochester - he should have never been called back up. 

Best players need to be out there. Period. 

Sure, I like what Robinson brings, he helps and contributes, but remember that he could not crack the Columbus line up.  What he brings is improvement to our bottom 3, looking at him from a league wide perspective he may not be much though.  At least we get effort and a willingness to play end to end from him.  

Agree on Ryan, he should play.  So should Clifton.   The 6/7 guys are EJ and Joker. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

VAN L

SJS W

CHI W

TBL W

This would make us 7-3 when added to our 4-2. For the this year's team - that is liquid magma hot! 🌋🔥 Might leap-frog a team or two ahead of us with that!

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, ska-T Chitown said:

This would make us 7-3 when added to our 4-2. For the this year's team - that is liquid magma hot! 🌋🔥 Might leap-frog a team or two ahead of us with that!

I for one am excited to draft 11th instead of 7th. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

It seemed that after being dropped to a lower line in the previous game, Tage got the message on how the coach wants him to play. There was less dangling and cute play and more direct and simpler play. The coach said that he had conversations with Tage about his play. Tage was a receptive listener and showed that he is very coachable. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.