When are things going to change?

SabreSam

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Ville Leino said:

After 13 years of no playoffs, I don't know how the lot of you are capable of being smug about the Sabres. Pathetic.

Lol this entire board down to the last poster is pissed at this team. "Smug"? Be gone Ville, your trolling trash is pathetic. 

ghostbusters GIF

7 minutes ago, Sabres73 said:

Our next five games are against Columbus, Ottawa, Montreal, Pittsburgh and Seattle. All winnable games. For us to crawl back into contention we need to win all five. I think we can do it.

They definitely CAN do it.  WILL they?  Still waiting on that Magic 8-Ball response but it isn't looking great.

7 hours ago, OverPowerYou said:

Back when we were consistently good for 5-6 years I’d be upset if I missed a period of a Sabres game on a Monday night. We used to call the Vanek-Roy-Stafford Sabres soft. They would kick this current teams ass 5-0

Big time this. I remember back in the day a lot of fans grew tired of those Vanek teams. But, those teams were ALWAYS competitive. Always. Even when they missed the playoffs, they were not ever more than a few wins out. For several years, even after Briere and Drury left, they were a solid fringe playoff team. Even made the playoffs a few times. 

Yes, they weren't good enough to make any real noise in the playoffs. We all knew that. But those Vanek teams were 10x better than any of the last 12 years and I'd take those teams back in a mili-second heartbeat. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 12/28/2023 at 4:17 PM, Ghost of Ville Leino said:

After 13 years of no playoffs, I don't know how the lot of you are capable of being smug about the Sabres. Pathetic.

You must be using a definition of "smug" that is not found in my internet search.

On 12/28/2023 at 1:03 PM, PASabreFan said:

I think it was warranted. I posed a question. Whether there is precedent for a league to be 1. concerned about an iconic franchise or 2. concerned enough to pressure an owner to right the ship or sell seems neither here nor there.

I imagine there is precedent. I don't have the time to do the research. Right off the top, owners have been forced out for PR reasons, which seems less weighty than for the reason that you have nearly destroyed a franchise.

I think you owe it to the rest of use to research this.  

Start with the Oakland Seals and any other franchise that Charlie Finely owned. 

19 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I think you owe it to the rest of use to research this.  

Start with the Oakland Seals and any other franchise that Charlie Finely owned. 

OK. I have started the research. But it will take time to do it right. I will present my report in seven years.

In the meantime...

On 12/28/2023 at 3:44 PM, Sabres73 said:

Our next five games are against Columbus, Ottawa, Montreal, Pittsburgh and Seattle. All winnable games. For us to crawl back into contention we need to win all five. I think we can do it.

These are the kind of teams we have trouble with.  All of those teams will play a heavy game and try to slow us down.  If we fall behind in the first period, as is the norm, and we will struggle to beat a neutral zone trap.  We will get desperate  and eventually give up too many odd man rushes.   I've seen this movie before. 

On 12/28/2023 at 4:44 PM, Sabres73 said:

All games are winnable. Are you really saying they SHOULD win them?

Just now, PASabreFan said:

OK. I have started the research. But it will take time to do it right. I will present my report in seven years.

In the meantime...

Seven years is about the time our defense and our goalies will be in their primes, and our 3rd wave of untouchable forward prospects will be ready too.   Good timing! 

On 12/27/2023 at 11:29 PM, SabreSam said:

Tonight I took my entire family to the Bruins game.  They seemed to come out ok, but the moment the Bruins went on the power play, they folded like a tent.  Once the first goal went in, the wind went out of their sails.  Poor passing led to turnovers and scoring chances.  

I am frustrated to have to pay what I did to see a garbage product on the ice.  There’s no accountability and seemingly no answers from anyone.  I have been a Sabres fan for my entire life.  I don’t think I have ever felt as dejected as I do tonight.

I feel your pain. My son and I drove up from VA to the Bills/Cowboys game, then went to the Sabres/Blue Jackets game (sat two rows behind the Sabres bench). The first goal scored by the Sabres was great…then Columbus scored the next seven goals. It was our first Sabres game since 2011 and last one for another long while. 

On 12/28/2023 at 4:44 PM, Sabres73 said:

You know who else is saying this? Columbus, Ottawa, Montreal, Pittsburgh, and Seattle. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.