GDT: Bruins @ Sabres - 7:30 pm, Dec. 27, 2023, TNT/Max📺 WGR 550 AM 📻

Doohickie

Benson played 10 minutes.  I didn’t hear his name since his bad turnover on the first goal.  

He is 18 and just 170 pounds.  Soon the grind of a full NHL will be upon him.  

But we need him because we are trying to win.  

Adams, is a complete doofus. He has really disappointed me this season.  And we’re stuck with him.  Terry likes him, as he really liked Boterill.  It will take Adams disobeying a direct order for Terry to fire him.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

This team is very painful to watch. 

This franchise has been painful since the tank. Not just bad, but for the most part just not fun to watch even if they aren’t good. 

In the covid year I sensed a tide turning. Then last year they flashed. More often than not it was fun hockey even if the team was “meh” overall.

But when you’re bad and just terrible to turn on, you’re effed. 

For that reason alone the entire FO and coaching has to change. It just has too. Adams inherited a bad unwatchable team. And now here we are a few years later talking about a bad unwatchable team. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

Benson played 10 minutes.  I didn’t hear his name since his bad turnover on the first goal.  

He is 18 and just 170 pounds.  Soon the grind of a full NHL will be upon him.  

But we need him because we are trying to win.  

Adams, is a complete doofus. He has really disappointed me this season.  And we’re stuck with him.  Terry likes him, as he really liked Boterill.  It will take Adams disobeying a direct order for Terry to fire him.  

Benson got the Savoie treatment; one bad play and they’re benched. 🙄

7 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

I'm becoming more and more convinced/persuaded that TP truly doesn't care much about this team and that KA and DG are just happy to have steady jobs and I don't see any of this changing for the foreseeable future.

Utah getting a team was back on a few of my social media algorithms today.

This was the first time I thought “there goes the Sabres. Mark it down.”

I’ve defended Buffalo as a meaningful market for the NHL. But I’m honestly not sure anymore.  I can’t see any other path for Terry. 

Edited by Mango
Quotes
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

I'm really not sure what to think now. Change has to happen, whether it be coaching or a meaningful trade but it won't. My friend texted me they should hire Pol Pot. Maybe he could get effort out of them. After watching the first 20, I flipped to an old CSPAN interview with Roselyn Carter which was way more entertaining. This is what it has come to.

16 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

TNT crew just made the Sabres a Jeapordy question.

Name the ladt 5 Buffalo goaltenders to win a playoff game.

It was so depressing to see that.

I saw it.  They even talked about getting a way-back machine to dig up some names.  

Embarrassing. 13 years is upon us.  

Meanwhile in the East the Flyers, Detroit and Montreal are all in the race.  In the west, Arizona is playing good hockey and in the thick of it. Nashville, the Kings and the Canucks are all improved. 

Our long, long, long term plan sucks.  

14 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Definitely, need foot soldiers.  Thought they might have one with Robinson but for some reason they put 71 on the 4th line

Robinson would have been better against Boston than Olofsson.  

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

Benson got the Savoie treatment; one bad play and they’re benched. 🙄

He actually had a regular shift the entire 1st period.  And his "one bad play" came on the 2nd shift of that period.  

He did get limited shifts in the 2nd and 3rd, but that seemed to have more to do with keeping Jost on the bench after the 1st period than benching Benson.  Benson lost PP time after the 1st, but that also seemed to be more about keeping the revamped 1st unit on the ice as much as possible than benching him.  

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

Utah getting a team was back on a few of my social media algorithms today.

This was the first time I thought “there goes the Sabres. Mark it down.”

I’ve defended Buffalo as a meaningful market for the NHL. But I’m honestly not sure anymore.  I can’t see any other path for Terry. 

The Buffalo Sabres aren’t going to move to Salt Lake City because mainly it’s in the Western Conference. But also there are larger television markets with more affluent markets with money like Houston and Atlanta. The problem with moving the Sabres out of Buffalo is that the NHL owners lose a market that they can get a huge expansion fee from. Also it ends Terry Pegula’s Buffalo Bills ownership most likely. Terry Pegula never overcomes that as a Buffalo Bills owner being the person that sends Buffalo’s major hockey franchise out of town. Trust me Terry Pegula isn’t doing that. Now could Terry Pegula find a place holder owner that buys the Buffalo Sabres keeps them in Buffalo for awhile so he can say it wasn’t me possibly. But Buffalo and New York State politicians will want Terry Pegula out of the Buffalo Bills ownership and I am sure New York State will lean on him to sell the Buffalo Bills to another owner like Washington politicians did to Washington Commanders owner Daniel Snyder. It’s not that simple for Terry Pegula to sell the Sabres down the River and keep the Bills also.

Like I said the only way Terry Pegula can possibly do it if he finds a placeholder ownership for the Buffalo Sabres like the Buffalo Braves owner Paul Snyder did with John Y. Brown. Buffalo fans still blamed Paul Snyder for moving the Buffalo Braves anyway when technically he didn’t move them John Y. Brown did. Also the difference is Paul Snyder didn’t own another Buffalo professional franchise at the same time so he could drop back into the Buffalo business world, not talk about the NBA Buffalo Braves until recently and Paul Snyder is in his 80’s. Terry Pegula isn’t going to be able to continue as Buffalo Bills owner he will have to sell all three Buffalo franchises the Buffalo Bills, Sabres and Buffalo Bandits if he plans on selling the Buffalo Sabres out of town. Just holding onto the money losing Rochester franchises because there aren’t enough fans in Rochester that care to even notice Terry Pegula as owner of the Rochester sports franchises in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Eyeroll 2
  • dislike 1

Welp.

I tried to stream on fubo, but they don't have Turner networks. So I couldn't watch. Then I forgot about the game. 

Just checked the score... And I'm glad I forgot. 

I used to have their schedule memorized, I never missed a game if I could help it. The fact that I simply forgot about the game is not good at all. 

If it's affecting us die hards this way, we're losing a whole city and generation of fans with this "plan" sad sad state we are in. 

Fire KA, keep shooting your shot with these wanna be's until you hit. 

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Miller, Shields, Roloson, Hasek, not sure who the 5th would be. 

Biron, Puppa? 

4 minutes ago, Sabres Super Fan said:

The Buffalo Sabres aren’t going to move to Salt Lake City because mainly it’s in the Western Conference. But also there are larger television markets with more affluent markets with money like Houston and Atlanta. The problem with moving the Sabres out of Buffalo is that the NHL owners lose a market that they can get a huge expansion fee from. Also it ends Terry Pegula’s Buffalo Bills ownership most likely. Terry Pegula never overcomes that as a Buffalo Bills owner being the person that sends Buffalo’s major hockey franchise out of town. Trust me Terry Pegula isn’t doing that. Now could Terry Pegula find a place holder owner that buys the Buffalo Sabres keeps them in Buffalo for awhile so he can say it wasn’t me possibly. But Buffalo and New York State politicians will want Terry Pegula out of the Buffalo Bills ownership and I am sure New York State will lean on him to sell the Buffalo Bills to another owner like Washington politicians did to Washington Commanders owner Daniel Snyder. It’s not that simple for Terry Pegula to sell the Sabres down the River and keep the Bills also.

Like I said the only way Terry Pegula can possibly do it if he finds a placeholder ownership for the Buffalo Sabres like the Buffalo Braves owner Paul Snyder did with John Y. Brown. Buffalo fans still blamed Paul Snyder for moving the Buffalo Braves anyway when technically he didn’t move them John Y. Brown did. Also the difference is Paul Snyder didn’t own another Buffalo professional franchise at the same time so he could drop back into the Buffalo business world, not talk about the NBA Buffalo Braves until recently and Paul Snyder is in his 80’s. Terry Pegula isn’t going to be able to continue as Buffalo Bills owner he will have to sell all three Buffalo franchises the Buffalo Bills, Sabres and Buffalo Bandits if he plans on selling the Buffalo Sabres out of town. Just holding onto the money losing Rochester franchises because there aren’t enough fans in Rochester that care to even notice Terry Pegula as owner of the Rochester sports franchises in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

^   This is all just crazy.  There is so much wrong here that I’m not going to take time to correct it.  You have everything backwards.  This is misinformation on every level.  

Trolling at its finest.  You are close to being the first on my ignore list.  

• Agree 1

53 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

I'm becoming more and more convinced/persuaded that TP truly doesn't care much about this team and that KA and DG are just happy to have steady jobs and I don't see any of this changing for the foreseeable future.

So “convinced/persuaded”:  I read quickly as constipated….probably just a brain fart. 

9 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Welp.

I tried to stream on fubo, but they don't have Turner networks. So I couldn't watch. Then I forgot about the game. 

Just checked the score... And I'm glad I forgot. 

I used to have their schedule memorized, I never missed a game if I could help it. The fact that I simply forgot about the game is not good at all. 

If it's affecting us die hards this way, we're losing a whole city and generation of fans with this "plan" sad sad state we are in. 

Fire KA, keep shooting your shot with these wanna be's until you hit. 

Biron, Puppa? 

Marty never actually played in the playoff game for the Sabres.  I think the 5th one is Fuhr.  How sad is that?

39 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Fire Ellis.  Waive Jost. Waive Comrie.  Trade Okposo.  That would be just the start.  

Fire Don Granato hire Michael Peca as Buffalo Sabres head coach is what I would do. Let Michael Peca take over now to get an idea what he has with the Sabres. Then make changes Michael Peca wants in the offseason. I would move Alex Tuch while he still has value. Alex Tuch isn’t a top line player and isn’t a money player that the Sabres can rely on unfortunately. I am also open to trading Owen Power he isn’t getting better and seems in a fog on the ice the Sabres should think about moving him maybe in a package with Alex Tuch you got to give up good players to get a good player in return. Don’t sign Kyle Okposo to any more contracts he is washed up in the NHL and I doubt that the Buffalo Sabres would be able to trade him Kyle Okposo he is so washed up he can’t keep up with the play anymore. I think Gordie Howe at 51 years old his final NHL season is faster than Kyle Okposo he skates like he has a piano on his back. The Buffalo Sabres need to trade a number of players to get a proven goal scorer like as example when the Sabres acquired Pat LaFontaine that Sabres fans will actually want to go see play. The Buffalo Sabres don’t have anyone you got to go see play forward wise. Jack Eichel unfortunately failed to play up to that lofty draft hype. Also acquire an experienced NHL goaltender packaging a goalie UPL so the team has a goalie in return in a goaltender trade package in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OverPowerYou said:

Attitude reflects leadership. Okposo. Enough said. 

Today’s performance was not because of any one player.  They were all bad.   Dahlin’s worst game of the year, Tuch and Skinner were also terrible.  

They were not ready to play.  Three days off and not ready.  Unprepared.  No fire.  No desire to start new and win.   You can’t cut them all or trade them all.  It’s the coach and his minor league staff. 

The home ice performances are atrocious and the Sabres fans are being run out of their building.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Angry 1
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.