GDT: Leafs @ Sabres - Thu. 7 pm ET, Dec 21, 2023, MSG-B 📺 WGR 📻

Spoonman

2 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I was up there doing a solar project, like 4 or 5 years ago. Just after Xmas, the weather was cold, snow, but somehow, that area north of Watertown along the banks of the St. Lawrence was surreal bueaty. 9f course, it could have been the beam and cokes out by a snowy winters fire 🤣 

It's very pretty up here and I do sneak over to Quebec a lot, it is cold lol, 7 degree wind chill right now. 

Now if only I could drink on the job, we'd be on to something 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, lowsabre said:

Just trying to understand. I've given all I can. Cause you've got the best of me!

Borderline... Feels like I'm going to lose my mind. You just keep on pushing my love... over the borderline.

Borderline... Feels like I'm going to lose my mind. You just keep on pushing my love... over the borderline.

Keep on pushing me, Sabres! Don't you know you drive me crazy! You just keep on pushing my love... over the borderline.

Something in your lines is making such a fool of me! When you beat a No.1 team, you love me till I just can't see!

But then you let me down... in the next game, passion just can't be found. Stop driving me away, I just want to say, something I just got to say!

Just trying to understand. I've given all I can. Cause you've got the best of me!

Keep on pushing me, Sabres! Don't you know you drive me crazy! You just keep on pushing my love... over the borderline.

Look what your love has done to me! Come on baby, set me free! You just keep on pushing my love... over the borderline.

You cause me so much pain... I think I'm going insane. What does it take to make you see? You just keep on pushing my love... over the borderline.

Keep pushing me! Keep pushing me! Keep pushing my love!

Come on Donny! Come on Adams! Yeaaaaa yea yea yeaaa...

La la la la

La la la la

La la la la

Over It Ugh GIF by Madonna

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Leafs game. Lots of fans in the stands. Loud environment. Hope the Sabres of (Vegas, Boston wins) show up.

Sabres fans that show tonight should be rewarded with a W. 

Subjecting yourself to that many Leaves fans is not fun.  

A loss tonight is going to taint me for quite awhile.  They better play hard and win. 

I think this is more like what they wanted if all were healthy at the start of the season. But also the addition with Johnson to the team. I like these lines.

If we could land a solid two way forward who can score (like an Olafsson who plays an all around game) and sub him in for Okposo with Krebs and Johnson, I’d take that. Really a big need there to upgrade Okposo. In fact, I’d try Jost in Okposo’s spot and see what happens. 

Our defense there is weak still. Power and Joki have just not stepped up. 3rd line guys have been lousy as well.

Of course, coaching is still the issue. 

Edited by FrenchConnection44

51 minutes ago, FrenchConnection44 said:

I think this is more like what they wanted if all were healthy at the start of the season. But also the addition with Johnson to the team. I like these lines.

If we could land a solid two way forward who can score (like an Olafsson who plays an all around game) and sub him in for Okposo with Krebs and Johnson, I’d take that. Really a big need there to upgrade Okposo. In fact, I’d try Jost in Okposo’s spot and see what happens. 

Our defense there is weak still. Power and Joki have just not stepped up. 3rd line guys have been lousy as well.

Defense pairings are simply inexcusable with this coaching staff.  I truly question their intelligence to go with the same pairings (and sitting Ryan Johnson) after the CBJ slaughter.

Maybe DG's plan is to have Ryan Johnson in the locker room after the game tonight and the other 20 guys can get out of there before the reporters show up.

Edited by Carmel Corn
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Ryan Johnson is in tonight 

Skinner and Greenway are not definite to return tonight 

Thanks.  I didn't expect to see Skinny so soon but I bet he comes back fast.  Greenway, who knows.  The big guy is fragile.  

Are we going 11-7?  

I think with all the questions/conversations regarding the players quitting on Granato, thier efforts these games leading into the new year will show how they truly feel about him. I don't expect wins against the Leafs, Rangers and Bruins, but I expect effort, unless the want him fired. 

• dislike 1

2 hours ago, FrenchConnection44 said:

Recognizing that line placement (3rd line? 4th line?) is a bit subjective, per CapFriendly’s depth charts, Okposo is the 10th most productive 4th line player in the NHL. I have no issue with those who think it is time to move on from Okposo, but  the most misguided narrative of this season is that Okposo has been bad. Frankly, we would be better off with 2-3 more Okposos than we would be without him. 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Hank said:

I think with all the questions/conversations regarding the players quitting on Granato, thier efforts these games leading into the new year will show how they truly feel about him. I don't expect wins against the Leafs, Rangers and Bruins, but I expect effort, unless the want him fired. 

I do expect wins.  Especially at home, versus the Leaves, and after they completely stunk up the joint against the last place team in the conference.  

We are past the "effort is good enough" phase of last season.   This is the same team.  DEMAND more.  They should be demanding more of the themselves and each other.    They should be embarrassed about the chorus of boos they hear at home on a regular basis.   

Is the fan base as soft as the team?  You bet, I expect a win tonight.   

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Archie Lee said:

Recognizing that line placement (3rd line? 4th line?) is a bit subjective, per CapFriendly’s depth charts, Okposo is the 10th most productive 4th line player in the NHL. I have no issue with those who think it is time to move on from Okposo, but  the most misguided narrative of this season is that Okposo has been bad. Frankly, we would be better off with 2-3 more Okposos than we would be without him. 

Complaining about Okposo is silly, but we do not need any more players like the current version of him.   He can go next season.  

We are not bad because of Kyle Okposo.   We are bad because a large number of players are not producing anywhere close to last year.  Their names are Tage Thompson, Alex Tuch, Dylan Cozens, Owen Power, Mattias Samuelsson,  Henri Jokiharju, and Jack Quinn (who is excused due to a serious injury).   

Only JJ Peterka is matching or exceeding last season. 

Skinner and Mitts and Dahlin are at least contributing and showing up. 

Greenway is unavailable as usual.  Since his fight with Tom Wilson he has been MIA.  First personal reasons, then an injury - I wonder about him.  I don't think he "wants to be here".  

EJ and Clifton are struggling to figure out how to play in this mess of a system, if there is a system.   

Benson and R Johnson have been pleasant surprises and have easily outplayed the many laggards that make up this roster.  

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Complaining about Okposo is silly, but we do not need any more players like the current version of him.   He can go next season.  

We are not bad because of Kyle Okposo.   We are bad because a large number of players are not producing anywhere close to last year.  Their names are Tage Thompson, Alex Tuch, Dylan Cozens, Owen Power, Mattias Samuelsson,  Henri Jokiharju, and Jack Quinn (who is excused due to a serious injury).   

Only JJ Peterka is matching or exceeding last season. 

Skinner and Mitts and Dahlin are at least contributing and showing up. 

Greenway is unavailable as usual.  Since his fight with Tom Wilson he has been MIA.  First personal reasons, then an injury - I wonder about him.  I don't think he "wants to be here".  

EJ and Clifton are struggling to figure out how to play in this mess of a system, if there is a system.   

Benson and R Johnson have been pleasant surprises and have easily outplayed the many laggards that make up this roster.  

Laggards. Great word.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

MUST WIN !!

GO SABRES !!

SEND THE LEAVES BACK TO THE GREAT SATAN WITH THEIR TAILS BETWEEN THEIR LEGS !!

DO IT WITH ALL THE SWORDS !!

You mean send them back with their petioles beneath their chlorophyll-less midribs?! 

image.jpeg.e0e8e079b1e71d532e221451bd30ccd8.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.