GDT: Blue Jackets @ Sabres - Tue. 7 pm ET, Dec 19, 2023, MSG-B, BSOH 📺 WGR 📻

Spoonman

8 minutes ago, Thorny said:

No. It’s on the guy assembling the group 

You either identify the right guys and build a competent puzzle or you can’t do it

Adams has fallen into the latter 

Would like to know the names of the six players who stuck around.

9 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

She worked nothing of that sort.  The NHL is nothing like the NFL.  The NFL is a league win resources, that tries to not have dead franchises. 

Oh no....here we go again....I've been a bad bad boy....

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, SabresBillsFan said:

They assembled a great pool of prospects, but he needs a tough coach, to bring it out of these guys, someone like torts! I’m okay even if we bring in Gallant. I think he might do better and get more out of these guys!

Only Adams thinks you assemble a professional hockey team by stockpiling 18 year old kids 

Adams has it wrong. I’ll keep saying it

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Maybe some outside picketing of the area that makes national news, if the fans even care enough anymore... Short of that, I don't see these marshmallows doing anything of any real consequence. They are spitting in the face of all the Buffalonians that have paid their time and money over the last decades. They have no interest in getting this city abuzz like it used to be, there is a huge problem having nothing but kids on the team. We may never see that greatness again. 

At this point, move the team, I'd rather have no team than this constant dissapointment. 

FU pegula 

• Disagree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

This is true but he isn't going to fire himself. 
Donnie needs to go tomorrow 

Donnie should fire KA

Flat management structure, no? @PASabreFan

While we’re at it: fire the social media guy. I don’t need to hear about Cozey and Tuchy and Mittsy and every single player scoring having a name ending in -y every single damn time we score a goal 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Maybe some outside picketing of the area that makes national news, if the fans even care enough anymore... Short of that, I don't see these marshmallows doing anything of any real consequence. They are spitting in the face of all the Buffalonians that have paid their time and money over the last decades. They have no interest in getting this city abuzz like it used to be, there is a huge problem having nothing but kids on the team. We may never see that greatness again. 

At this point, move the team, I'd rather have no team than this constant dissapointment. 

FU pegula 

You don’t want that. Just ask Oakland!

• Like (+1) 1

If Pegula had any chops and relationships with league insiders… he would have had a name waiting in the wings to take over as Head of Hockey Operations… who has a new GM and Coach already recruited to take over in January…

• Like (+1) 2

Welcome to Pegula hockey. Lots of goals and next to nothing physical. Only problem is most of the goals get scored by the other team. 

This was beyond garbage. I watched the Bruins/Wild game first and that was a really good hockey game. Fights, hits, saves, scrambles. goals, right into OT. The difference between the two games was like night and day. This was SO BORING AND UNINSPIRED IT WAS RIDICULOUS. 

No pride, no effort, nothing. 

They should have loaned Benson to the World Junior team to let him go try and win something rather than hanging around this garbage learning to accept losing. It would have been good for his development to remember it does not have to be like this. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

They should have loaned Benson to the World Junior team to let him go try and win something rather than hanging around this garbage learning to accept losing. It would have been good for his development to remember it does not have to be like this. 

100%

• Thanks (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Spoonman said:

@CallawaySabres IF, big IF, the Sabres were ever moved out of Buffalo (I don't want to see this scenario ever), there is not the money nor market share to bring iti back.

Disagree that is what the greedy owners of the Buffalo Sabres want you to believe. Between Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse and Erie there is plenty of population for a major league indoor sports team. I wouldn’t bring NHL hockey back at all. I would go after the struggling NBA team the New Orleans Pelicans and move them to Buffalo in a renovated Key Bank Center because the NBA is a much bigger league like the NFL today than the NHL that actually has gone backwards. When the NHL took physical contact and fighting out of the game they turned the NHL into MLS on ice. The problem is this area fell in love with Buffalo Sabres NHL hockey of the 1970’s through 1990’s. The NHL isn’t like that anymore because of CTE so it’s become boring television product especially when your team is losing. The NBA with college basketball like the NFL with college football it’s just a bigger deal. Buffalo Wings renamed New Orleans Pelicans NBA team against the Toronto Raptors and Boston Celtics would be huge here today and more popular than the sorry NHL product of today.

Tonight’s Buffalo Sabres game was a embarrassment and I have no idea how Don Granato isn’t fired and it’s at the point where I am starting after 49 years as a Buffalo Sabres fan to not care anymore what excuses that fool Terry Pegula has he is a incompetent sports team owner that frankly doesn’t care. Terry Pegula has no guts as a sports team owner let’s just tell it like it is to fire Don Granato who is useless as a head coach in the NHL. The whole Buffalo Sabres organization is an embarrassment under Terry Pegula just contract the team and bring NBA back to Buffalo with Buffalo local ownership that isn’t Terry Pegula in my opinion. Go Wings! Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

This might also come across to some as insulting but I’m sorry - Okposo is a good ambassador to the game.  But he is just a God awful captain. 

Sure the guys like and respect him.  

Because he is the anti Mark Messier.  He didn’t give you a look on the bench if you had a bad shift or loafed and immediately regretted all life decisions up to that moment.  

This team has not had a legit captain since the guy in my profile pic.  

Okposo is captain by default.  The worst kind of setup.  The coach and captain can’t both be “friends” to the guys.  Half these kids on the roster were 10-13 years old the last time Okposo was actually good - in his contract year.  

This isn’t his fault.  It just shouldn’t be his job.  KA absolutely bungled this.  It also showed the kids they needed that “here is how you do things in the NHL the right way” guy.  Not a real sign of trust to a group you think is ready.   

We need more than that - this team needs Dahlin to be captain asap.  

Edited by Second Line Center
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Only Adams thinks you assemble a professional hockey team by stockpiling 18 year old kids 

Adams has it wrong. I’ll keep saying it

I’ve posted a handful of times and Adams comments solidified it for me with his “it’s an execution issue”.

When you sit down with Adams and ask what this team needs going into next season and he even hints at running it back, you fire him immediately. Or at the very least lock down any and all trades for the rest of the year. That’s a guy who doesn’t see what’s wrong with the team, which means he is totally incapable of fixing it. 

You can’t have a guy like that making any moves for your roster. 

The Adams/Granato era needs to end. It’s a shame, I really liked Donnie and appreciate what he did bringing the kids along. 

• Like (+1) 1

I did not read the thread... I think I can picture how it went.

I turned off the game after the first.

I checked espn.com a little bit later to see that CBJ had kicked another field goal.  Then they put the extra point on the touchdown.

Didn't watch any of the game after the first... no need.

This team needs a kick in the nuts with a double drop kick.  I'm out until it happens.

• Agree 2

21 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Do they send Benson to the WJCs to get some chemistry with Celebrini? 

I’m already sick of hearing about that guy. The last thing we need is another touted young player 

27 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I'm not sure if I feel relief, in that I don't have to give AF about this team anymore,… or if my gummy just kicked in and it's time to play some bass.

Probably both.

Either way, ***** this team.

How many mg? 

1 hour ago, Spoonman said:

@CallawaySabres IF, big IF, the Sabres were ever moved out of Buffalo (I don't want to see this scenario ever), there is not the money nor market share to bring iti back.

I don’t know about that, when Ter-Bear bought the team they averaged 99.9% attendance. And even with a bad team we are a top 5 TV market. 

I actually think Buffalo is a decent hockey town by NHL standards. This isn’t the NBA or NFL. Buffalo has more value for the NHL. Based on that I wouldn’t be shocked if the league wants Terry to shape up or ship out. 

I vaguely remember Terry circa trading Ryan Miller saying something like “the other owners don’t like how I do things”

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.