GDT: 9th Dec. Habs visit. CBC, MSG-B, TVAS, SN360

steveoath

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Mitts had two shots in a row, both times he looks for a pass, no one there.  The second shot, he got his own rebound.  

It looked like he played without wingers on that shift.  

The PP to end the third and start OT was embarrassing. Our PP has been bad, but that was something else. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Failed power plays, missed opportunities, mediocre goaltending. Nothing new to see here. No playoffs. 

Mediocre goaltending. .935 sav % for a buffalo goaltender we consider mediocre now. Shootout is a crap shoot and Levi was great in them until tonight (undefeated). Quit overreacting 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • dislike 1

10 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

No, they lost because they refuse to play NHL hockey. No one, and I mean NO one, goes to the slot for the team. It's all perimeter trash. They have no idea when to shoot, they pass too much, they choke constantly. 

Bingo!  Why is this seemingly the only team in the entire NHL that does NOT understand this most basic concept of hockey?  There is just ONE player who gets it and sadly it's the 18 year old shortest player on our team.  I just hope they don't assimilate him either, as he is our only hope Obi Wan.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, sabremike said:

Matt Ellis should be fired when he gets back to the dressing room. Absolute incompetent clown.

The PP to end regulation into OT was unbelievably bad even for a team with a terrible PP. They had a million PP opportunities tonight, our inibility to put out a real NHL PP cost us more than anything tonight.  

The level with play was a lot better tonight. I will give them that.

But the biggest or next biggest problem with this team is what we saw when Robinson had the boarding against Barron. Everybody on the ice threw down immediately. And at the end of the period said “eff you, we’re doing this”. Then when Skinner gets cross checked in the ground, everybody stands around and does nothing. 

This team needs balls.

7 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Mediocre goaltending. .935 sav % for a buffalo goaltender we consider mediocre now. Shootout is a crap shoot and Levi was great in them until tonight (undefeated). Quit overreacting 

Thank you. Anyone pointing to Levi's performance as anything other than giving us a chance to win is delusional

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

People blaming the power play, poor D play, bad shootout goaltending, terrible puck luck on the finish, just remember, this was all brought to you by Terry Pegula. Under Pegulas ownership, this organization, a once proud brand, has been completely destroyed. Expect this to continue, no seriously, resign yourselves to the fact that none of this is going to change anytime soon.

I'm rooting for LA lately, but I also like the Avs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Mango said:

The PP to end regulation into OT was unbelievably bad even for a team with a terrible PP. They had a million PP opportunities tonight, our inibility to put out a real NHL PP cost us more than anything tonight.  

The level with play was a lot better tonight. I will give them that.

But the biggest or next biggest problem with this team is what we saw when Robinson had the boarding against Barron. Everybody on the ice threw down immediately. And at the end of the period said “eff you, we’re doing this”. Then when Skinner gets cross checked in the ground, everybody stands around and does nothing. 

This team needs balls.

This team needs to score more than 2-3 goals a game.

Especially when they had at least 12 good chances...based on their skill level you would expect AT LEAST 5 goals off those chances.

No idea why the entire team is having such a hard time fighting the puck at the same time.

Edited by Big Guava
  • Like (+1) 1

Don't worry,  reinforcements are coming!! As long as we hang in there,  we will start popping off wins!!!! Lol Not!! This team is a joke and the offensive and power play coach should be immediately fired!! All the help in the world cannot get them to grow a pair and goto the front of the damn net! They definitely make it easy to shut the games off and walk away. Just like the bills!! Almost like they have the same owner......... wait.... lol

Well, losing the shootout sucks, BUT I think that was the most I've been entertained by a Sabres game in................ idk a decade? More? That was just plain FUN.

Sloppy sloppy game with a ton of turnovers that won't cut it against a better team but the energy level, the engagement, the emotion, the pushback. A little too much pushy shovey, I wish more of them would drop them like Cliffy did but the hitting, the physicality and simply not backing down just feels like the dawn of a new era to me. If they bring this EVERY NIGHT this team can truly become something good. 

I don't want to jump on the bandwagon, I've fallen off too many times before, but this game just felt different. Real hockey. Aside from the shootout, I absolutely loved this game. Not going to dissect a single thing as that'll just spoil the fun of it. 

Sabres, GIVE ME MORE LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

According to Natural Stat Trick, the Sabres had 43 scoring chances including 21 high danger chances.  Expected goals 4.38.  Actual goals - 2.  Talk about lack of finish.  

Levi stood on his head at points this game.  He was the farthest thing from an issue tonight (although I think he'd like the 2nd Montreal goal back).  

This loss is on the forwards' lack of finish, including but not limited to the sucky PP.  Please take KO off the darn PP. Please.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

People blaming the power play, poor D play, bad shootout goaltending, terrible puck luck on the finish, just remember, this was all brought to you by Terry Pegula. Under Pegulas ownership, this organization, a once proud brand, has been completely destroyed. Expect this to continue, no seriously, resign yourselves to the fact that none of this is going to change anytime soon.

The LA kings silver helmet is sick. 

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

Totally understand the frustration but I could never say something like this.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.