GDT: 9th Dec. Habs visit. CBC, MSG-B, TVAS, SN360

steveoath

1 minute ago, Slack_in_MA said:

Exciting game. Good grit. Good comeback point.

No, they lost because they refuse to play NHL hockey. No one, and I mean NO one, goes to the slot for the team. It's all perimeter trash. They have no idea when to shoot, they pass too much, they choke constantly. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 5

1 minute ago, Slack_in_MA said:

Exciting game. Good grit. Good comeback point.

If a team thinks they are a playoff team, beating Montreal at home is a requirement. Disappointing game. Power play still costs us games this year. Chalk up another loss due to a terrible power play. Coaches can’t fix it or they would have by now. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

Another goalie terrible at the shootout. The playoffs are nothing but wishful thinking this season. This team isn't going anywhere, they've regressed and their is no help coming.

Maybe Adams makes a move next off season, who knows really. Powerplay is hopeless, looks like the players only completely show up in the 3rd. Not much more to say except this organization has serious holes all over the place. Ownership, Management, coaching, roster, I don't see the playoffs next seadon either to be honest. So much damage done to a once proud brand.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1st period.
- Tages game is lights out. 
- PP sucks. Power is part of that. Out of position, losing possession too often, not keeping it in, forcing a reset. Try RyJohn there. 

2nd Period
- If that hit from behind happened to the Sabres they’d all stand around and watch.
- They would never throw down at the end of the period either. 

3rd period
- Tying it up early changed the entire flow of the game.
- Great effort from Muel to cover the open puck in the crease. 
- Levi made some saves but he was also bailed out too.
- Somebody should have Gallagher head for that cross check. The period was already physical enough, it was needed.
- That was the most embarrassing PP to end the period.
-  What an embarrassing PP to end the 3rd

OT
-  Embarrassing PP continues 4o3

SO  
- Levi was not good. 

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

No, they lost because they refuse to play NHL hockey. No one, and I mean NO one, goes to the slot for the team. It's all perimeter trash. They have no idea when to shoot, they pass too much, they choke constantly. 

Late in the 3rd, I think it was Mitts maybe, beat his man behind the next and was DYING to find someone in the slot.... To my surprise... No one there. 

It went back to the point and we lost possession 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Late in the 3rd, I think it was Mitts maybe, beat his man behind the next and was DYING to find someone in the slot.... To my surprise... No one there. 

It surprised you? There's never anyone there, this system is garbage. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Billznut said:

If a team thinks they are a playoff team, beating Montreal at home is a requirement. Disappointing game. Power play still costs us games this year. Chalk up another loss due to a terrible power play. Coaches can’t fix it or they would have by now. 

I guess my expectations had been lowered by a team that looked like they didn’t care at all a week ago. I wish they would have won too.

1 minute ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Mitts had two shots in a row, both times he looks for a pass, no one there.  The second shot, he got his own rebound.  

It looked like he played without wingers on that shift.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

Mitts had two shots in a row, both times he looks for a pass, no one there.  The second shot, he got his own rebound.  

It looked like he played without wingers on that shift.  

It's so frustrating, Skinner walked to the slot, got a call for tripping. You'd think someone would follow suit. Nope. 

This coaching staff is either unable to pass the message along or the players are not capable or willing to hear the message, either way, it appears it's time for another change. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.