GDT Sabres @ Hurricanes Saturday Dec 2, 7pm MSG ESPN+

Shoot da Puck

Well, that was a terrible effort. And it really does look like the message is lost. Tuch, Skinner, Mitts... nothing. The under-22 crowd? Nothing. The goalie making a big save? The vets throwing a heavy check? The vets showing some passion? Nothing.

This really is a game where you could say the coach has lost the team. And once you get there, there's only one natural next step.

And a new coach might make some demands that would refresh the roster for next season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Is Pegula even paying attention to the Sabres?…

Hard to understand why he was so anxious to extend contracts of KA and DG… 

Just as hard to understand why KA signed Samuelson and Power to long term contracts on their promise not their performance… 

Mind boggling mismanagement

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Kind of just feeling like giving up, honestly I have never seen a team have so many players magically fall off a cliff for inexplicable reasons. 

What in the world has happened to Cozens? His bubble hurt his ability to stick handle but now it seems his motor is on idle.

What happened to cobra Muel? He’s literally  withered away.

Aside from Dahlin and Benson the team is flatter than a pancake.

Granato is a great guy but we may need to bring in another coach if we hope to find any path to the playoffs yet again. 

• Agree 4

1 minute ago, John Tucker said:

Looking at their remaining schedule for the month of December, I envision 2, maybe 3 wins out of 12 games.  This youth movement thing is working fantastically!  It's either coaching or the fact that our youth isn't as good as everyone thinks.  I fear it may be a little bit of both.

Our youth is learning how to lose… It is reinforced with games like this… 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Missing the playoffs by just one point last year should have given the Sabres more reason than any team to improve the roster. Instead it may have been used as a reason not to. 

Now we continue reaping the benefits of hiring inexperienced GMs. He’s gotta learn to part ways with talent and ceiling to get what the team needs now and for years to come.

Edited by SABRES 0311

7 minutes ago, Stads said:

Levi has given up 3 goals through two periods. We are in a goalie wasteland my friends. Levi isn't ready for a full workload and the other two are as inconsistent as a politician's views during an election year

I don’t why anyone thought he was. The dude has never played one season of pro hockey. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, thewookie1 said:

Kind of just feeling like giving up, honestly I have never seen a team have so many players magically fall off a cliff for inexplicable reasons. 

What in the world has happened to Cozens? His bubble hurt his ability to stick handle but now it seems his motor is on idle.

What happened to cobra Muel? He’s literally  withered away.

Aside from Dahlin and Benson the team is flatter than a pancake.

Granato is a great guy but we may need to bring in another coach if we hope to find any path to the playoffs yet again. 

Pegula is such a moron, he will fire Granato and promote Matt Ellis to interim HC.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.