GDT: Sabres @ Rangers - November 27, 2023 - 7:00PM, MSG-B/ESPN+📺 WGR📻

Doohickie

I didn’t post during the game, trying to take it all in and not wanting to jinx the Sabres.

What a win, I sure don’t miss the negativity.

UPL was great, that’s what a #1 plays like. It should be his net now.

JJP broke the ice and he has been the most consistent guy from day one. He’s taken the next step, Quinn is on deck.

Mitts and Tuch stepped up big time, Mitts worked so hard and Tuch playing like a power forward.

Benson playing a regular shift and even protecting the lead at the end. He is good and will only get better.

KO is still too slow but contributing. Need that secondary scoring.

VO can stay for a little while longer.

Joki was solid, great pass at the end of the game.

These guys are like Jekyll and Hyde, gotta find that balance to potion dilution.

I’ll sleep better tonight.

• Like (+1) 5

Wow… Bowling night… Missed the game!!… Helluva an effort… UPL… and the D… Tuch two goals… Awesome… Can’t wait to see the replay.

Edited by Believer

Give me a double heaping of this every game please!

Holy hell, how was this the same team we just watched play the Devils?

This was fun to watch, back to more like last year running and gunning but still being much better defensively...lots of sticks in lanes, broken up plays on back checks and sticks lifted...

And as much as I am afraid to say this, UPL looks like he might be turning a corner in terms of his play...has been mostly solid and by far the best goalie this year, and at times outstanding.

Hopefully this isn't just another hot streak tease from him.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Big Guava said:

Hopefully this isn't just another hot streak tease from him.

Perhaps he's learned some consistency. However, even if it is a streak tease, that's something this team absolutely needs. If UPL can get hot like he did last season (12-4-1 in Dec/Jan) then he'll have saved another season that was on the ropes.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, DarthEbriate said:

Perhaps he's learned some consistency. However, even if it is a streak tease, that's something this team absolutely needs. If UPL can get hot like he did last season (12-4-1 in Dec/Jan) then he'll have saved another season that was on the ropes.

He still wasn't that good in most of those games...those were the games they were having to score 5+ to win because he was pretty much allowing 4 a game every game he played. Basically it was more of a stat quirk that he got great goal support than him actually playing that good.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The last 4 Sabres games encompass the Sabres' season to date.

Blow a 2-0 and 3-2 lead against the Caps and lose in OT.  Then get embarrassed and booed off the ice after 2 periods against Pitt, then come out like a house on fire, score 3 in the 3rd, and win the game 3-2.  Coming off that high, they played their worst game of the year (and that is saying something) against the Devils losing 7-2 (and getting outshot 37 -12 with only 6 shots in the 1st 2 periods).  Following that embarrassment, they dominated the leading team in the NHL and won 5-1. 

Will the real Sabres please stand up? 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Big Guava said:

He still wasn't that good in most of those games...those were the games they were having to score 5+ to win because he was pretty much allowing 4 a game every game he played. Basically it was more of a stat quirk that he got great goal support than him actually playing that good.

True -- and he got worse as the season progressed. But during those two months he also had three 30+ save performances on the road against Boston, Colorado, and LV. All wins. All with +.925 sv%. Maybe just give him every road game for a bit and a handful of home games to boot.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

Listening to WGR and pregame, which will feature Paul Hamilton.  I thought Audacy  fired him.  What was the background on his return?

I too am now wanting to know.... I saw something link to BN, but don't have a subscription. Something about him taking time off.... ???  Help Sabre Spacers!

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.