GDT: Sabres @ Penguins - Nov 11, 2023 - 7:30pm, MSG/ESPN+📺WGR📻

LGR4GM

Just now, thewookie1 said:

He’s looked a bit better, the giveaway that gave Crosby that chance was forced by two Penguin sticks.

we haven’t played great tonight but we seem to be getting zero bounces tonight.

We shouldn't have to rely on bounces every night. The team is poorly coached or they lack the skill. Judging by the end of last seadon, I'm leaning poorly coached.

• Agree 1

Bad period… Soft goal… No O-zone time… Trouble clearing our D-zone… 

Score could be worse…

Time for our scorers to show up Time to rush the net.

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I'm still reeling from Rob's description of DG's coaching. "Usually he just stands there and lets the guys figure it out."

I mean, I think he's bad. But I always assume I am full of it. I don't want confirmation from the team's color commentator.

Terry has him sowing the seeds of Donny's firing by dropping hints like that on the broadcast. Trying to soften the blow

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I'm still reeling from Rob's description of DG's coaching. "Usually he just stands there and lets the guys figure it out."

I mean, I think he's bad. But I always assume I am full of it. I don't want confirmation from the team's color commentator.

Yes, there probably is a better coach out there.

The question is, do we know who that is, are they available and do they enjoy pickle ball in senior communities after 8pm?

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Why do you watch them?  Seriously, why bother?  

Judging by the thousands of empty seats at KBC and nobody giving a ***** about this team (go drive around the Buffalo area and see every other house with a Bills flag and virtually no Sabres ones) people seem to have taken your advice to heart.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Sidc3000 said:

Most of the team played far above their expected level.  It wasn’t the norm, it was anomaly. 

this is what we should have seen last season 

I disagree, respectfully.

They did it, therefore, they are capable of it. If Granato says last season was offense training, and he says this season is defense training, yet Adams says the goal is the playoffs, then the problem is Granato. Clearly the team is better at offense than defense. Granato needs to go imho. I know we all love the "Meatballs" affection, but let's be completely honest here. There is an abundance of talent on this team, they are not being coached well if you look at the play on the ice. I mean, cone on now, thos is ridiculous, no net front presence, panic passing, panic when pressured, constant loss of puck control. And the list goes on. Coaching at some point, matters.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Judging by the thousands of empty seats at KBC and nobody giving a ***** about this team (go drive around the Buffalo area and see every other house with a Bills flag and virtually no Sabres ones) people seem to have taken your advice to heart.

Ok, but you didn’t answer @Pimlach’s question. Why do you watch? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.