Sabres Practice Notes 11-9

Brawndo

I do not think Tuch is hurt.... i think he is still nursing . There has been zero reports of injury.

I cannot say how much i hate that 3rd line! Cozens stupidity is killing this lineup. 

So, the question is, when Muel comes back, who comes out defensively?

Edited by Stormcloudmember66

37 minutes ago, Stormcloudmember66 said:

I do not think Tuch is hurt.... i think he is still nursing . There has been zero reports of injury.

I cannot say how much i hate that 3rd line! Cozens stupidity is killing this lineup. 

Not just Cozens being out. Quinn and Tuch are also out. That's an entire top 6 line sidelined.

Think of how good the lines get if we do this...

Skinner- Thompson-savoie

Greenway-mitts-quinn

Jjp-cozens-tuch

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Stormcloudmember66 said:

Probably Johnson.  But could see a scenario where it's Jokiharju that comes out.

Skinner-Thompson-Savoie  👀

That kind of tells me that Tuch is out and Savoie will go on that line.  If Tuch and Savoie will both be playing, I would have expected Savoie to be on another line with his "real" linemates, and placeholder like Jost or Olofsson (basically the 13th forward) to fill in temporarily for Tuch just for practice.

Edited by Doohickie

48 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Probably Johnson.  But could see a scenario where it's Jokiharju that comes out.

I’d prefer to see Clifton sit because he makes several un-poised, unnecessary plays per game and leads the team in “own goals”, but yeah, Joker is a defensive adventure in his own right half the time. 

32 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I would do 

Dahlin-R Johnson

Power-Jokiharju 

Samuelsson with Clifton/Johnson/Johnson rotating 

Samuelsson goes back with Dahlin on the games that Ryan Johnson sits

I would do a 2:1:1 rotation for Eric Johnson:Ryan Johnson:Clifton 

I like it, but I like Power w/ Muel even better and drop Joker down.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I’m going to swim against the tide here and suggest that the defence corps - now that Clifton is starting to smooth out the bounces and find his stride - is a group we can win with.

Jokiharju is looking pretty good at 17 minutes a night and off the PK. Erik Johnson has delivered exactly what we’d hoped. Samuelsson is doing his part and Dahlin is great. I need more assertiveness from Power as a #2, but I still find him a net positive.

I’m no longer terrified when any of the 6 are in the lineup.

And the fact that Ryan Johnson might be good enough to force one of them into the press box is amazing to me.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I’m going to swim against the tide here and suggest that the defence corps - now that Clifton is starting to smooth out the bounces and find his stride - is a group we can win with.

Jokiharju is looking pretty good at 17 minutes a night and off the PK. Erik Johnson has delivered exactly what we’d hoped. Samuelsson is doing his part and Dahlin is great. I need more assertiveness from Power as a #2, but I still find him a net positive.

I’m no longer terrified when any of the 6 are in the lineup.

And the fact that Ryan Johnson might be good enough to force one of them into the press box is amazing to me.

I think we have better D depth than at F

I understand we have a few injuries but the bottom 6 in general is a hounds breakfast 

You could literally get rid of all 6 and none of the losses would be painful to take provided a replacement-level player was iced instead 

53 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I think we have better D depth than at F

I understand we have a few injuries but the bottom 6 in general is a hounds breakfast 

You could literally get rid of all 6 and none of the losses would be painful to take provided a replacement-level player was iced instead 

I don't. I think we have way more F injuries right now and that's why it seems that way. As noted we have Quinn, Cozens, and Tuch out and if we even had Samuelsson and Power out we would be in trouble. 

Dahlin, Power, Joker, Muel, Clifton and the Johnson Brothers are the best D Corp they have had in a long time.

Joker has looked better this year. Let’s hope at 24 he is maturing and rounding into form.

The forward group is good when healthy.

Skinner Tage Tuch

JJ Cozens Quinn

Greenway Mitts Savoie

is a  good top 9. If Savoie isn’t ready you can always look at Kane for that role.

VO’s time here is done. Be it a salary dump trade or waivers, he needs to move on.

Benson can go back to junior after the WJCs.

The other angle is if Kulich and/or Rosen force their way up. In an ideal world you would like to see them stay and grow even more  but they might have other thoughts on the matter.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.