Ryan Johnson called up; Mattias Samuelsson placed on IR

Brawndo

2 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

He's a good player when healthy it stinks he's already at injury risk every game though.. but like you said it's the style of play 

The issue is we need D-players with his style of play. They're also prone to injury. That contract may have been one of the smartest moves by KA since the buyout is so cheap. Way better than trying to add a 29 year old injury-prone vet to fill the role.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, stuuuuuuuuu said:

Missed watching this game. 

howd Rojo look?

has anyone else tried to make RoJo happen yet?

RJ (sorry, that's what the team calls him, it's likely going to stick) looked good in very limited ice time.  (Not as limited as Bryson got, but limited.  He played a little over 8 minutes,)

He looked calm out there and had a beautiful looooong breakout pass to Skinner for his 1st NHL assist.

@Doohickie was trying to make RyJo stick.  Will be interesting to see if it does.  It won't with the team; but maybe with the fans.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

RJ (sorry, that's what the team calls him, it's likely going to stick) looked good in very limited ice time.  (Not as limited as Bryson got, but limited.  He played a little over 8 minutes,)

He looked calm out there and had a beautiful looooong breakout pass to Skinner for his 1st NHL assist.

That’s a no on that nickname 

I’ve been a fan of this crest far longer than these kids (by large multiples in most cases) the RJ nickname is off limits 

Full stop 

Edited by Thorny
  • Agree 4

I think RyJo is the Sabres 7D at this point, but they feel it more important for him to play every day than to sit him on a shelf.  So when the Sabres D are all healthy, he plays in Rochester.  I kind of expect that by the end of the season he will be in the Top Six.

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

@Doohickie was trying to make RyJo stick.  Will be interesting to see if it does.  It won't with the team; but maybe with the fans.

I don't think I have that much influence, but I think RyJo is the shortest combination to type that doesn't confuse him with a hall of fame announcer but makes it clear who I mean.

50 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I would like to see R Johnson here the rest of the year. Can Adams show some magic and find away to ship Olofsson and Bryson our of town? Savoie has to come back up now too.

I think there will be a season-long carousel of prospects nibbling around the roster.  We've already gotten glimpses of Benson, Biro, Rousek, now RyJo, and possibly Savoie and Kulich on the way.  I don't think Kevyn will ditch Olofsson and Bryson for those guys, but when injuries occur up the roster, the brain trust feels better bringing someone up from Rochester to play up the lineup than to hand it to the 13F/7D.  So I kind of expect the carousel to continue for now, with VO and Bryson staying on the roster to step in if someone has a hangnail in the pre-game skate.

12 minutes ago, Night Train said:

Nicknames are for dogs. Get a flea collar. 

Hockey players and coaches like to use nick names.  Simple things like adding “ie” or “sie”  or “s” or “y” to a part of their name.  It a hockey cultural thing starting in youth hockey   

Tuch - Tuchie

Cozens - Cuzzy 

Dahlin - Dahls 

Mittelstadt - Mittsie 

Edited by Pimlach

55 minutes ago, JustOneParade said:

The Office of Player Nickname Mediation suggests RJo. Under no circumstances can it be RJ. None.

I think it was during Tuch’s interview, he called him RJ, you think he would know better.

Johnson said during camp his nickname was Yonnie. I think it was because of Scandinavian ancestry.

2 hours ago, LTS said:

Imagine if people weren't lazy and just typed out names. It almost removes any controversy.

The real problem is we want to hang with the bruhs, and it ain't gonna happen. Dollars to Paula's donuts, 92.3% of this board couldn't climb one inch of the rope in junior high gym class.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

The real problem is we want to hang with the bruhs, and it ain't gonna happen. Dollars to Paula's donuts, 92.3% of this board couldn't climb one inch of the rope in junior high gym class.

I could.    I could do pull-ups and push ups too.  Just not sure what it has to do with nick names?  

note:   Sone of us took the Presidents Council on Physical Fitness seriously.  

Edited by Pimlach

27 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I could.    I could do pull-ups and push ups too.  Just not sure what it has to do with nick names?  

note:   Sone of us took the Presidents Council on Physical Fitness seriously.  

Yeah, and we got the patches to prove it. 

image.thumb.jpeg.9ce6eb4851724d950199d6865d2c1817.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.