GDT: Rangers @ Sabres - October 12, 2023 - 7:00PM, MSG-B📺WGR📻

SabresBaltimore

Lol - Rob and Dan, it's one or the other. You cannot have a meme offseason with no real additions outside of a 5D, and then play the "this is their first game together" card. It's the Rangers' first game together too, and they beat us with structure and conditioning. 

Our whole team came back and we made zero meaningful changes to roster construction 

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

I know it's only one game but this team has to find a way to be better at home this year. Too many potential points squandered.

Tuesday was my birthday and the Bills and Sabres both left flaming bags of poo on my porch. Thanks, guys.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

Lol - Rob and Dan, it's one or the other. You cannot have a meme offseason with no real additions outside of a 5D, and then play the "this is their first game together" card. It's the Rangers' first game together too, and they beat us with structure and conditioning. 

It’s the same reason the “we’re icing 2 rooks” thing doesn’t carry much weight- we are icing them, of course, by choice 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

It's one game, but you can't let it snowball. Nip it in the bud Saturday, and beat a team that was in front of you last spring.

The optics of the offseason will be incredibly ugly until they fix the things that continue to be a big problem. 

There is massive room for growth offensively, and no chance that our best offensive players are that bad at hockey. We will still be able to score like crazy this year. Tage/Tuch/Skinner was better tonight than it was against Ottawa and Florida last year. 

The broadcast crew simply CANNOT start leaning into "yeah but they're young" "they will learn". I can't take it. This team is supposed to be like the Rangers. They are supposed to be coached as well as them. They need to be held to that standard. 

At least the Sabres aren't the Broncos. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.