Around the NHL 2023-24 Season

Brawndo

39 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Putin would love to invite you to the promised land. A man of your caliber has great value. You would make a wonderful bargaining chip for him. Go for the vino in Italy and France and ogle their slinky babes . You'll also sleep better and be guaranteed to catch your flight back home. 

I do like vino much more than Vodka, and I do like slinky babes... 

I See Yes GIF by NETFLIX

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Upon further review, no he is not

I guess I don't get all worked up over Jackie boy anymore.. It was admittedly fun that first year... Then he went and won a cup and that's the ultimate comeback. 

Now he's just a player on the west coast to me. 

All those years of hoping he was the Saviour and he just leaves like many others before and wins it all. 

53 minutes ago, Thorny said:

He’d be playing if they didn’t win the cup last year lol 

I think the more he and Stone stay out the better chance they have of adding salary at the deadline. Jack will be back soon but Stone may miss a lot of time. As long as they make the playoffs they will let their big ticket players rest and play the no cap limit in the playoffs game.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, spndnchz said:

You don’t recall Ray playing for the Sabres or the Sens? You got me confused. 

By ‘anyone else’ I meant anyone other than the Sabres. That wasn’t totally clear upon re-reading what I wrote.

2 hours ago, spndnchz said:

You don’t recall Ray playing for the Sabres or the Sens? You got me confused. 

By ‘anyone else’ I meant anyone other than the Sabres. That wasn’t totally clear upon re-reading what I wrote.

20 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I think the more he and Stone stay out the better chance they have of adding salary at the deadline. Jack will be back soon but Stone may miss a lot of time. As long as they make the playoffs they will let their big ticket players rest and play the no cap limit in the playoffs game.

Stone will miss precisely enough time to reactivate for the playoffs.. just like last time.  The farce of the NHL salary cap continues.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

29 minutes ago, LTS said:

Stone will miss precisely enough time to reactivate for the playoffs.. just like last time.  The farce of the NHL salary cap continues.

I’ve read one possible solution, teams dressed roster would have to be under the cap limit for every game of the playoffs. They could carry a bunch of extra players but still need to be cap compliant every game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

I’ve read one possible solution, teams dressed roster would have to be under the cap limit for every game of the playoffs. They could carry a bunch of extra players but still need to be cap compliant every game.

This would work imo. 

Maybe that could be a better rule all season long. Just get rid of LTIR and keep the cap for game day rosters. Then again, cap minimum might be a problem if a team had a lot of injuries so you'd have to get rid of that and that is probably not good. 

Edited by PerreaultForever

1 hour ago, LTS said:

What I don't get is, why don't they change this? It seems like 95% of fans, commentators..just about everyone hates the way they have it. Just make the change so you can't do this. I don't get it.

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

What I don't get is, why don't they change this? It seems like 95% of fans, commentators..just about everyone hates the way they have it. Just make the change so you can't do this. I don't get it.

Why doesn’t everyone do this ? Or do they ? Of the playoff teams of course.

1 hour ago, Ducky said:

Jets start the 3rd period this afternoon down 3-0 to the Canes and come back and win it 5-3.

Brossoit will be in net against you guys tomorrow evening.

See you then!!!

Big L coming for the Sabres vibes 

Hypothetical, because I see the two teams compared by the fanbases so often: IF the Sabres miss the playoffs, would your disappointment be at all mitigated should the Red Wings also miss? 

1 minute ago, inkman said:

Big L coming for the Sabres vibes 

Trap game for the Jets