ESPN Frozen Frenzy

SabresBaltimore

I've always enjoyed Redzone when I'm not watching the Bills (or back when the Bills were terrible and I was mostly just watching football for my fantasy team).

This sounds cool: 

But with 82 games in a season, I don't really expect I'd watch this much. It already takes up a lot of time to watch just the Sabres.

Not sure if this is just a one-off on opening night. Maybe its a kind of test run.

• Like (+1) 1

Talking to a buddy of mine about this, I think this is probably a one-off or special occasion thing. Even with Football expanding to 4 and sometimes 5 days/week, the vast majority of games are Sundays from 1-7pm, so Redzone works really well.

Apart from this opening night where all 32 teams are playing, is there a day of the week where the bulk of the league is playing? Saturday nights maybe? 

Canada does (or did, I haven't watched Canadian coverage in a few years) their Hockey Night in Canada double headers on Saturday nights. So maybe that would make the most sense if ESPN would want to make this a recurring thing.

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If the Sabres are on I won't watch.

I'd probably swap to it during intermissions if I'm watching the game live. But 99% of the time, I start an hour late so I can skip intermissions and commercials. That's a lot of time saved over an 82 game season.

This sounds like a good idea in theory.

They need to bring Bill Pidto back for this! 

41 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

That much Bucci? No way.

Still bitter that he endorsed the Milano goal against the Sabres clearly scored with a high stick

Also he's a pod.

Agreed. Bill Pidto would be perfect imo

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If the Sabres are on I won't watch.

That's why G-d created Roku and 2nd TVs.  Have the Sabres on one TV and Frozen Frenzy (sounds like a cheap cocktail) on the other.  

During Football weekends we always have the dual TV setup going.  On Saturday it's UGA on the big tv and a good matchup (or IU) on the other.  On Sunday it's the Bills on the Big TV and the Red Zone on the other.

2 hours ago, SabresBaltimore said:

I've always enjoyed Redzone when I'm not watching the Bills (or back when the Bills were terrible and I was mostly just watching football for my fantasy team).

This sounds cool: 

But with 82 games in a season, I don't really expect I'd watch this much. It already takes up a lot of time to watch just the Sabres.

Not sure if this is just a one-off on opening night. Maybe its a kind of test run.

Every hit?  Good thing the Sabres are not playing at home given their stingy statisticians!

2 hours ago, SabresBaltimore said:

This sounds cool: 

Not a 1 off on opening night.  Opening night is October 10.  The Sabres open the next night on the Island and their home opener is the following day vs the Rags.

The 24th is one of the very rare dates that all 32 teams are playing on the same day.

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Not a 1 off on opening night.  Opening night is October 10.  The Sabres open the next night on the Island and their home opener is the following day vs the Rags.

The 24th is one of the very rare dates that all 32 teams are playing on the same day.

Oops. I missed the date I guess. I thought it said it was opening night.

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

That's why G-d created Roku and 2nd TVs.  Have the Sabres on one TV and Frozen Frenzy (sounds like a cheap cocktail) on the other.  

During Football weekends we always have the dual TV setup going.  On Saturday it's UGA on the big tv and a good matchup (or IU) on the other.  On Sunday it's the Bills on the Big TV and the Red Zone on the other.

When it's the Bills or Sabres I can't multitask. I have to focus.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

That much Bucci? No way.

Still bitter that he endorsed the Milano goal against the Sabres clearly scored with a high stick

Also he's a pod.

I only get him once in a while, whenever ESPN is the only game on type of thing.

I liked his articles on line but I find he is tough to watch. He acts like he is 20 years younger and that he wants to be part of the story, not a means of delivery to us.

Just now, Taro T said:

Isn't that what Pizza Planet calls their calzones? 

(Restaurant near the rink for out ot towners such as yourself.)

Thread sidebar, I only went there once, because they serve that Johnny Ryan soda crap.  I wonder if they are still cheaping out, or carry Coke or Pepsi products now?

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Isn't that what Pizza Planet calls their calzones? 

(Restaurant near the rink for out ot towners such as yourself.)

Interesting. Are they any good?

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Thread sidebar, I only went there once, because they serve that Johnny Ryan soda crap.  I wonder if they are still cheaping out, or carry Coke or Pepsi products now?

I love Johnny Ryan.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I love Johnny Ryan.

Me too. Don't buy them that much at the supermarket because they are a bit expensive, but I always viewed Johnny Ryan as a premium product.

As a kid I liked cream soda, then sometime near my 20th birthday I kinda wondered what I was thinking as a kid because I thought cream soda was awful. But Johnny Ryan Cream soda, a whole different ballgame. One of the best 'treat' drinks I can have.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.