GDT: Sabres V Bluejackets 3pm ET ๐Ÿ“บ sabres.com ๐Ÿ“ป WGR550

steveoath

Well, Ryan Johnson made a few blunders, and he's made quite a few this preseason, but still:ย  I was worried he'd be another Pysyk at best, but he has much, much more game than Pysyk had.ย  He can handle it better, he can skate with it better, he can shoot it better, he's a better passer and he has much more confidence with the puck on his stick.

Now, of course, he needs to learn to make the right decision in the d-zone vs NHL pressure consistently.ย  There's no guarantee that happens, of course.ย  He'll need patience and good coaching in Rochester.ย 

I could see him becoming a mainstay in the top 6 though and maybe taking Joki's spot if Joki doesn't raise his game.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Well, Ryan Johnson made a few blunders, and he's made quite a few this preseason, but still:ย  I was worried he'd be another Pysyk at best, but he has much, much more game than Pysyk had.ย  He can handle it better, he can skate with it better, he can shoot it better, he's a better passer and he has much more confidence with the puck on his stick.

Now, of course, he needs to learn to make the right decision in the d-zone vs NHL pressure consistently.ย  There's no guarantee that happens, of course.ย  He'll need patience and good coaching in Rochester.ย 

I could see him becoming a mainstay in the top 6 though and maybe taking Joki's spot if Joki doesn't raise his game.

I hope he plays the majority of the games in Rochester with at least one good taste of the NHL. ย Things will slow down for him and decisions will improve. ย 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

I'd say 10, Chicago and Philly are likely happy with their guys too

If I were to think on it seriously, the op was tongue and cheek, I would say as few as 3 maybe 4 teams will regret it.ย 

Chicago with Bedard is happy.ย 

Columbus with Fantilli is happy.ย 

Anaheim with Carlsson is happy.ย 

But after that, right now with expectations and recency bias, I think a bunch of teams might look back and be like "$#!+"

20 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

I don't understand playingย Tuch in a useless Pre -season game I would rather have him rest and be ready for the season.

ย 

ย 

Itโ€™s hockey, not football. Itโ€™s about flow and timing and chemistry. Plus, thereโ€™s being in practice/shinny shape, then thereโ€™s game shape.

They have to play.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.