2023 Free Agent Frenzy (Non-Sabres)

Eleven

2 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

Dubas' moves say he was brought in and told, "You will not rebuild. Make a run with Crosby/Malkin/Letang." He's going to crash and burn it and get fired when they finally do concede to rebuild. They say it's quite a thing to see. We can all get our popcorn to watch.

It's going to work as well as Buffalo bringing in Hall and Stall and Eakin and stuff.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

Β The red wings have gone fully stupid

It feels like the Sabres when they were trying desperately to make it work with Eichel.Β  And Larkin isn't even as good as Eich.

46 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Does Detroit win the off-season?

They showed last season that what Yzerman is doing just doesn't work.Β  It's like patching the Titanic with duct tape.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

It feels like the Sabres when they were trying desperately to make it work with Eichel.Β  And Larkin isn't even as good as Eich.

They showed last season that what Yzerman is doing just doesn't work.Β  It's like patching the Titanic with duct tape.

It reminds me of Toronto changing over half of their roster in the lead up to the trade deadline this year. I’d make a sarcastic comment about how well that worked out, but they did make it further than they have in ages.Β 

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Β 

Well you can scoff at this but it's a one year deal so it's another guy they can flip for picks at the deadline if the season doesn't go playoffs. Unlike Buffalo, Detroit spends their money and turns it into assets down the road. Unless they are drafting very poorly they will have an even deeper prospect cupboard than the Sabres. It is a plan.Β 

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

And then...Gostisbehere for 4.25M for a year. Β Yeah, he's a Real Man of Genius.

Oh it's a big overpay but it's just money. If we have cap money not spent it only helps Terry. Detroit owner obviously don't care. ANY added asset is still an asset.Β 

I'm not convinced Detroit will be any better, but adding assets and then flipping them for picks later? I have no issues with that if I'm a Detroit fan.Β 

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

Oh it's a big overpay but it's just money. If we have cap money not spent it only helps Terry. Detroit owner obviously don't care. ANY added asset is still an asset.Β 

I'm not convinced Detroit will be any better, but adding assets and then flipping them for picks later? I have no issues with that if I'm a Detroit fan.Β 

You'd be screaming if Adams had done it and the entire board knows it.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.