Running list of SabreSpace charity and no-money wagers.

Eleven

5 minutes ago, shrader said:

Looking good? A season and a quarter over all of 2023-24, 2024-25, and 2025-26? Both sides look completely reasonable to me at this point. 

I think Savoie's late assignment to the Amerks last month is an ill omen for my side of the bet. 

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

Ya, I don't remember talking about Graves but it's possible. I don't think he's the direction we go so I might have said that before. 

Dammit I mixed you and Frenchy up...hang on...editing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MDFan said:

I have to say, I watched my father die in front of me when I was 15, so I feel for you.  However,  I cannot even imagine how that creates a reason for a total lack of empathy for other people.  Your explanation for not wanting to ever give to any charity is absurd.  

I cant really speak for nil and don't understand his thought process completely. I definitely understand the possibilities of medical incompetence and skepticism of some or even many charities

But I do know that the heaviest users of this word in my life are currently gloating that a submarine full of people is either crumpled or slowly starving them of oxygen at the bottom of the ocean, and are generally vicious and contemptible and ugly inside and out 

This doesn't have anything to do with you or nil, I am just triggered by the word empathy 

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

I will not be giving to any charities After witnessing my father die in front of me When I had to wait for an ambulance for 20 minutes .

No one will ever get a cent out of my pocket ever again

I will buy you liquor if you want

So that explains why you never paid off our wager. Not that I ever really expected to see a dime from you.

For the record Buffalonill and I had a $100 to the charitable organization of the winner choice bet during the 2022-23 season. If the Sabres were to exceed 77.5 points, then I was the winner. 77 points or less and my worthy opponent was the winner. As can be seen by the above statement, worthy opponent may not be the best use of the term. 

Edited by irregularly irregular
bad grammar, as usual

On 6/21/2023 at 3:39 PM, Buffalonill said:

I will not be giving to any charities After witnessing my father die in front of me When I had to wait for an ambulance for 20 minutes .

No one will ever get a cent out of my pocket ever again

I will buy you liquor if you want

On 6/21/2023 at 4:43 PM, Buffalonill said:

I'm not giving it to anyone that's the point. 

Lame.

Why do I feel like if you didn't have that reason, you would have found another?

Again, lame.

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

This is how it’s done 

You make the bet, you pay up 😁

Because the ambulance didn't make it in time... Do you hear yourself?! (not you Thorny) you realize that ambulances take time to be dispatched, have a crew ready, deal with traffic, etc etc.... What kind of crap are you spouting. That may be one of the weakest takes I've heard on this board in over 10 years.

On 6/21/2023 at 4:43 PM, Buffalonill said:

I'm not giving it to anyone that's the point. 

You could buy a pair of skates for an underprivileged kid. Maybe one with a rink nearby so they don't need a ride to go use them. Maybe one with a hot mom, that you could charm with your upbeat charismatic personality.

I used to work with a single dad who told us he would wear our company jacket to his kid's soccer games. Funny guy.

His words:

"To the dads, this says {our company name}. To the single mom, this says Dental Plan." 😆

• Haha (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Who besides @Buffalonill will take this bet …

$25 Charity bet.

I think the Sabres will win more than 42 games for the 23-24 regular season.

What about this one.

$25 Charity bet.

I think the Sabres will win more than 5 games in OT for the 23-24 regular season.

That second one is very, very tempting...

15 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Who besides @Buffalonill will take this bet …

$25 Charity bet.

I think the Sabres will win more than 42 games for the 23-24 regular season.

What about this one.

$25 Charity bet.

I think the Sabres will win more than 5 games in OT for the 23-24 regular season.

Do shootouts count? If yes, it feels like you’re betting that the sun will rise tomorrow. Honestly, even without them it still feels like that. 

17 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

You make the bet, you pay up 😁

Because the ambulance didn't make it in time... Do you hear yourself?! (not you Thorny) you realize that ambulances take time to be dispatched, have a crew ready, deal with traffic, etc etc.... What kind of crap are you spouting. That may be one of the weakest takes I've heard on this board in over 10 years.

Also, many rescue squads, especially in rural areas, are staffed primarily with volunteers who drop what they are doing, dash to the squad building, then drive to the scene - for no pay.  We do it solely for the benefit of our communities.  Thank you for your support, nil.  😒

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

It was explained at the time it was a charity bet. There are lots of non ambulance or health related charities. Boys and Girls Club of Buffalo, boom. 

I'll make it easy for you 'nill... whatever charity you and Liger decide on, just add my winnings to the donation. One check for $200 and done.  Or do it online and get some miles from your credit card to defray expenses for the next trip back to Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.