According to Pierre Lebrun, Sabres have interest in Brett Pesce.

inkman

2 hours ago, #freejame said:

One of the Athletics national writers had Pesce (with extension) for Östlund and Philly 2nd. Panned in the comments by Canes fans, but I’d certainly do it. 

For an extended Pesce, that is way too light.  The more likely idea has something better going Carolina's way.

• Disagree 1

4 hours ago, Marvin said:

For an extended Pesce, that is way too light.  The more likely idea has something better going Carolina's way.

I think people sometimes forget Östlund was the 16th pick in the draft less than a year ago and has held his value.

The suggested return is close to what Ekholm got and better than what Provorov got and both those guys have term. Neither of them returned an asset as good as Östlund.

It’s almost identical to what Hronek got.

Pesce is good, but he’s not Slavin or Dougie Hamilton.

Its not light at all.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

11 hours ago, dudacek said:

I think people sometimes forget Östlund was the 16th pick in the draft less than a year ago and has held his value.

The suggested return is close to what Ekholm got and better than what Provorov got and both those guys have term. Neither of them returned an asset as good as Östlund.

It’s almost identical to what Hronek got.

Pesce is good, but he’s not Slavin or Dougie Hamilton.

Its not light at all.

Out of sight, out of mind.

21 hours ago, GoPuckYourself said:

I'm not sure, did Eric hate it here? I know he wanted to win but did he say he hated being here? It was most likely a rumor at this point but we wont find a much better face off guy than him imo.

He very obviously didn't give a ***** while on the ice here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

I believe he hated being traded here but in my opinion it had more to do with being traded than the location. 

Correct. He was caught off guard by being traded. Said him and his family were settled in and had to think about it. 

3 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Have to give up something good to land a top 4 D 

With the re-signing of both KO and Z I don't see KA trading any of the forward roster players. I think he even said he was looking to re-sign Jost as well. And why not, they were the 3rd highest scoring team in the league last season and the kids are only going to develop and grow more. If anything, I see prospects (not top end) and draft picks as the capitol to address the D. Most likely at the draft. That's just my take on it though, but who knows, it could happen.

Just now, Scottysabres said:

With the re-signing of both KO and Z I don't see KA trading any of the forward roster players. I think he even said he was looking to re-sign Jost as well. And why not, they were the 3rd highest scoring team in the league last season and the kids are only going to develop and grow more. If anything, I see prospects (not top end) and draft picks as the capitol to address the D. Most likely at the draft. That's just my take on it though, but who knows, it could happen.

What prospects do you think they're trading? 

Just now, Buffalonill said:

What prospects do you think they're trading? 

Well, I can't see Kulich, Savoie or Ostland being moved, to soon is my guess as KA most likely likes what he's seen from Kulich and Savoie and Ostland really need to be assessed more beyond their current leagues and maturity. Just my opinion is all though.

I also can't see the 13th over all being moved either, since KA's mantra is draft and develop. I really see the 2nd rd picks and B prospects as the capitol in the organization. He used Josh Bloom last season for example.

But again, it's just me guessing based on those things. Also, I I'm really not tethered to big names like Pesce and Hanifin. I see Murphy out of Chicago as a more reasonable situation given contract $ and term. A deal something along those lines is my hunch. But again, who knows really? KA, that's who lol

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Hanifin to Florida is just unfair 😒 

Florida doesn’t have a first round pick until 2026 and they are not exactly flush with prospects. The Sabres should be able to beat any offer from Florida. 

Edited by Brawndo
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Something like Rosen, a 2023 2nd and a 2024 2nd May get it done. The 2024 might have to be a conditional 1st.

he’d have to be willing to sign an extension with Buffalo, something like 6 years at $7m per. Calgary prob has to trade him as he’s in the final year of his contract and has told them he’s not resigning 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.