Hot take: I’ll be rooting for Eichel

OverPowerYou

7 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

I don't care enough about John John either way.

Happy for him and his teammates to have won the cup.  The hardest trophy to win in pro sport.

My problem is that their team is based in Vegas.  I don't like when these non-hockey market teams win it.

If Vegas stinks next season the arena will be empty.

Seems like a hockey market to me. They have a hockey team, they fill the arena, they support the team...

The arena will be empty? Like that hockey market of Buffalo recently?

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Here's my question, can Tuch be what Eichel was in the playoffs? I think it's a real possibility. 

Tuch seems like one of those players that would rise to the occasion. I hope we get a chance to see it.

He has 33 points in 66 games with Vegas and he was 20 years old when they went to the finals, pretty young kid.

Jack showed everyone he’s a good player. Not a leader but very good on a deep team.

He’s lucky Vegas is Vegas. A group that rolls the dice and lives with it. Had Jack not had successful surgery and had to retire, Begas would’ve said whatever, who can we get next? They knew it was a risk, and took it. And good for them and Jack.

He’s looked happy and relaxed now that they’ve won it, and showed his lighter side.

I don’t doubt he wanted to win in Buffalo and knew he wasn’t their first choice and was surrounded by a lot of clowns at the start. 

anyway, we got some great guys and we will be just fine. And good for Jack too.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, rickshaw said:

Jack showed everyone he’s a good player. Not a leader but very good on a deep team.

He’s lucky Vegas is Vegas. A group that rolls the dice and lives with it. Had Jack not had successful surgery and had to retire, Begas would’ve said whatever, who can we get next? They knew it was a risk, and took it. And good for them and Jack.

He’s looked happy and relaxed now that they’ve won it, and showed his lighter side.

I don’t doubt he wanted to win in Buffalo and knew he wasn’t their first choice and was surrounded by a lot of clowns at the start. 

anyway, we got some great guys and we will be just fine. And good for Jack too.

I’m in Vegas and it worked out for both teams. Now that my Knights won it, it’s time for the Sabres to do it!

22 minutes ago, SabresBillsFan said:

I’m in Vegas and it worked out for both teams. Now that my Knights won it, it’s time for the Sabres to do it!

Interesting ….

Should I be surprised your sentence didn’t say “I’m glad Knights won. Now it’s time for my Sabres to do it!”

… because I kinda am

16 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Interesting ….

Should I be surprised your sentence didn’t say “I’m glad Knights won. Now it’s time for my Sabres to do it!”

… because I kinda am

I’m not. He’s been using “we” and “our” and “us” when talking about the VGKs for a while now. And that’s fine. My guess is that his current Sabres fandom is mostly out of duty, now, anyways. And that’s fine, too. Not unlike my Bills fandom.

I do wish that this was the only thread where Jack was mentioned, though.

LGR’s right. Time to move on.

5 hours ago, SwampD said:

I’m not. He’s been using “we” and “our” and “us” when talking about the VGKs for a while now. And that’s fine. My guess is that his current Sabres fandom is mostly out of duty, now, anyways. And that’s fine, too. Not unlike my Bills fandom.

I do wish that this was the only thread where Jack was mentioned, though.

LGR’s right. Time to move on.

Still agree. If it’s not a positive experience for you, one shouldn’t engage. I’m happy to discuss Jack’s Cup victory for those who want and enjoy the discussion, but then again for me the experience was notably different than for most 

Interesting talk on the latest Athletic draft podcast about whether or not Michkov is a ***** and whether that should matter.

They danced around for awhile about double standards, and how plenty of other high picks have deserved those concerns and didn’t get the same amount of attention, and whether even if they are true, does it matter? And they had me thinking “it kinda sounds like they’re talking about Eichel?”

And then one just bluntly said “there are many people around the league who for many years have said bad things about Jack Eichel and I’m sure he doesn’t give a ***** about that right now”

On 6/19/2023 at 6:14 PM, dudacek said:

Interesting talk on the latest Athletic draft podcast about whether or not Michkov is a ***** and whether that should matter.

They danced around for awhile about double standards, and how plenty of other high picks have deserved those concerns and didn’t get the same amount of attention, and whether even if they are true, does it matter? And they had me thinking “it kinda sounds like they’re talking about Eichel?”

And then one just bluntly said “there are many people around the league who for many years have said bad things about Jack Eichel and I’m sure he doesn’t give a ***** about that right now”

I don't think Jack ever gave a crab about anyone but himself 

• 2 weeks later...

Eichel is bringing the cup to his youth rink, Skate 3 in Tyngsboro, Mass. I used to play beer league at that rink. No doubt I must have crossed paths with him once or twice. It's about a 35 minute ride from me. 

https://www.lowellsun.com/2023/06/29/jack-eichel-bringing-stanley-cup-to-skate-3-in-tyngsboro-next-month/?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_content=fb-LowellSun&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR2HS8u28zh0nKrLY2b3oqQRSHoAKgsHceqI_Krpj1fa6HQj7RRs3JKKS-A

On 6/19/2023 at 3:14 PM, dudacek said:

I see a similarity and at one time Michkov was ranked right with Bedard so there is a McDavid/Eichel, Bedard/Michkov parallel there too. The odd thing is I've been reading and hearing all this stuff about how Philly set up a special private meeting with Michkov and it was all hush hush and didn't leak and in it Michkov said he really wanted to play in Philly. This is perhaps why the Yotes passed on him as he made it clear he had destinations he didn't want to end up in. It's a strange and perhaps unique situation. 

Not sure if this is real or not, but it appears that some Montreal fans were not happy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.