Hot take: I’ll be rooting for Eichel

OverPowerYou

Don't really care if Eichel or Reinhart wins. However, if Eichel is kissing the cup, it's gonna cause mass panic in Edmonton this summer. We certainly didn't lose it when Eichel was traded, we knew it had to be done. Now imagine if your team with the best player (and the 2nd best player also) who hasn't even come close to winning or sniffing the cup, sees Eichel go from a what could be termed as a no win situation in Buffalo, to a Cup. Yikes, at least Gretzky won cups before he forced his way of Edmonton. I for one, could the see the Canadian media going into all sorts of conniptions over this.😃

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

Interesting. Maybe, maybe not.

Think of this Vegas team without Eichel.  But with Tuch, Krebs (on a low line), $5m more in cap space (and what they could do with it) and possibly a major deadline aquisition they could fetch with the 1st or 2nd rounder they gave the Sabres.

Points like this are what message boards are for.

He’s their number 1C, leading the playoffs in both playmaking and 200ft game, and the probable winner of the Smythe is going to do so because Jack is his Centre handling all Marchy’s defensive responsibilities while setting him up for 9 of his 13 goals. They definitely aren’t here without Jack 

We wouldn’t look at any other cup team and debate them winning without their 1C

Marchy and Jack are 1-2 on the all time scoring list for Vegas players in a playoff run, separated by a point. Messing with this connection is literally the last element of the team you’d touch 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2

plus minus standing of vegas’ 4 lines

Eichel Marchessault Barbashev +41

Stephenson Stone Howden +7

Karlsson Amadio Smith +22

Roy Carrier Kolesar +3 

and this 

that on ice goal differential 👀👀👀

Edited by Thorny

I do remember Weave/PA/ink not being completely enamored with Eichel before things spoiled, but as far as everyone else goes, it's funny how many people apparently saw through him (here, hf, twitter, this sentiment has been quite widespread over the last 2 years) and didn't really like him considering the sentiments I vividly recall being more or less universal back then. For whatever reason most of that stuff was just a well-kept secret I guess

28 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

So, just reading the tea leaves in this thread, we'd rather Samson win the cup than Jack. I really don't care which one it is, it's not the Sabres so I'm indifferent as to which wins.

We’d?

I think it’s an individual by individual preference. For a Myriad of reasons.

2 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

I do remember Weave/PA/ink not being completely enamored with Eichel before things spoiled, but as far as everyone else goes, it's funny how many people apparently saw through him (here, hf, twitter, this sentiment has been quite widespread over the last 2 years) and didn't really like him considering the sentiments I vividly recall being more or less universal back then. For whatever reason most of that stuff was just a well-kept secret I guess

And conversely all the fans of opposing teams who used to ***** on the guy as "GM Jack" and a spoiled brat who was handed everything without earning it who now lionize the guy for sticking it to those mean no good Sabres.

I’m looking forward to watching him lift the cup.  No issues at all. Things didn’t work out in Buffalo and the Sabres are partly at fault for that

would have rather seen him lift it in a Sabres unifoRm but Sabres got 3 huge pieces for him and I firmly believe it will be Buffalos turn soon 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

I’m looking forward to watching him lift the cup.  No issues at all. Things didn’t work out in Buffalo and the Sabres are partly at fault for that

would have rather seen him lift it in a Sabres unifoRm but Sabres got 3 huge pieces for him and I firmly believe it will be Buffalos turn soon 

Partly?!

k

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

There is no doubt with an emphasis: The Buffalo organization is criminally dysfunctional. Eichel was a genius to get out. Nobody should ever boo him again. I think he opened the door for many other top players to get out of terrible organizations. 

It hit the breaking point with the medical staff of the Sabres. Jack's Doctor's were correct about the surgery Jack wanted for his neck and the Sabres medical staff was wrong. Jack lost faith in the the teams medical staff and that severs any remaining goodwill with the organization. I liken it to the Lindros Philly situation with Eric's concussion issues. He didn't feel he was ready to return to the lineup while the Flyers medical staff said he was. Once a player loses faith with something so important to their career, the relationship is over. And as far as I'm concerned, good for Jack. Sometimes you do have to look out for your own best interests. Looks like it worked out well for him!

Edited by eman
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, eman said:

It hit the breaking point with the medical staff of the Sabres. Jack's Doctor's were correct about the surgery Jack wanted for his neck and the Sabres medical staff was wrong. Jack lost faith in the the teams medical staff and that severs any remaining goodwill with the organization. I liken it to the Lindros Philly situation with Eric's concussion issues. He didn't feel he was ready to return to the lineup while the Flyers medical staff said he was. Once a player loses faith with something so important to their career, the relationship is over.

The vast majority of teams agreed with our doctors, which is why there were so few suitors for a trade to get a player of that caliber.

Just now, sabremike said:

The vast majority of teams agreed with our doctors, which is why there were so few suitors for a trade to get a player of that caliber.

Most likely the vast majority of these clubs need to update their medical staff regarding new procedures. Too "old school" or maybe too beholden to club management to keep their plum positions. Eichel and his Doc's were right on the money.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m over the Eichel stuff. He needed to go. We needed him gone. Everybody is better for it. 

FWIW I was at Britesmith the other day and a guy at the bar worked with a some kids org. He paid Eichel for a kids event and Eichel was “THE WORST” Sabre he ever worked with. He regularly bids on player appearances at kids events. He did the absolute best minimum at the bowling alley. Jack and Reinhardt spent most of the event drinking in the corner alone. 

Edited by Mango

All Jack needed was a Stanley cup roster around his generational talent.

20 minutes ago, eman said:

It hit the breaking point with the medical staff of the Sabres. Jack's Doctor's were correct about the surgery Jack wanted for his neck and the Sabres medical staff was wrong. Jack lost faith in the the teams medical staff and that severs any remaining goodwill with the organization. I liken it to the Lindros Philly situation with Eric's concussion issues. He didn't feel he was ready to return to the lineup while the Flyers medical staff said he was. Once a player loses faith with something so important to their career, the relationship is over. And as far as I'm concerned, good for Jack. Sometimes you do have to look out for your own best interests. Looks like it worked out well for him!

Nice story.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.