Go Amerks!

JohninMinn.

Was at the game today. A lot of Amerks fans in the stands.

I don’t get the Marlies at all. I don’t see anyone in that lineup that will be a future Leaf.

As someone mentioned, cleanup the PK. That was the only time the Marlies were dangerous.

The Amerks have a really nice mix of quality AHL players and young guys with NHL potential.

Kulich, Rosen, Kozak, Cederqvist, Rousek all have NHL chops at different levels.

Mersch is the leader up front. Murray plays well at the AHL level might make a 4th line for someone. Jobst is an impressive little offensive player. Warren plays well at this level.

Pilut is a star at the AHL level and Davies is a good puckmover. Impressed with how smooth Metsa is just coming into the league.

Subban is a difference maker in net. Makes all the routine save and then some great ones on top of that.

Kulich’s shot is elite. Rosen really impressed me. He has difference maker skills. Rousek should be a Sabre next season.

Does anyone know the history of Cederqvist and the Marlies? They were all running at him all game. Really had a target on his back today.

Edited by Flashsabre
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Have not been able to watch, but I might have to grab the AHLTV daily pass thing. I like what I'm reading, pretty cool that these guys get to go through a run like this. 2 tries to clinch at home? Awesome. 

It sounds like this playoff is a game-changer for Rosen. I got the impression he was a guy with skill but not a lot of confidence in his ability to handle the NA game yet. This sort of playoff success should be a huge boon for his confidence, I bet he can see his path now, and is ready to attack it 

"Just getting in" can lead to great things. Keep it up Roch 

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Have not been able to watch, but I might have to grab the AHLTV daily pass thing. I like what I'm reading, pretty cool that these guys get to go through a run like this. 2 tries to clinch at home? Awesome. 

It sounds like this playoff is a game-changer for Rosen. I got the impression he was a guy with skill but not a lot of confidence in his ability to handle the NA game yet. This sort of playoff success should be a huge boon for his confidence, I bet he can see his path now, and is ready to attack it 

"Just getting in" can lead to great things. Keep it up Roch 

Rosen isn’t shying away from the physical play along the boards at all. He is looking bigger but still needs to fill out. He is very confident skating the puck up the ice. His skating and shot are both high end. He is not a pretty perimeter player. He gets his nose dirty. He was a dominant player at the WJCs and his confidence has seemed to carry over.

Appert, Peca, Weber and company are doing a great job of bringing the kids along. Glad to see a bunch more are on the way next season. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Rosen isn’t shying away from the physical play along the boards at all. He is looking bigger but still needs to fill out. He is very confident skating the puck up the ice. His skating and shot are both high end. He is not a pretty perimeter player. He gets his nose dirty. He was a dominant player at the WJCs and his confidence has seemed to carry over.

Appert, Peca, Weber and company are doing a great job of bringing the kids along. Glad to see a bunch more are on the way next season. 

Great to hear. 

Scratch buying the AHLTV, I realized I work within 15 minutes of the arena. I work on Wednesday. I'm just gonna go lmao 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 5/11/2023 at 9:13 PM, dudacek said:

The skill was always there, but Rosen is finally starting to look like he believes he belongs.

Yeah he's putting on a show; and this is a nice asset to have.  Someone they could let marinate.  The actual draft/development model is working. 

• Like (+1) 2

A real sport being overrun by a bunch of polo wearing wankers. Golf will never be a real "sport". A leisurely activity with some competition, sure. It's fun to drink some adult sodas and ride around on a golf cart, but the number of people who show up to watch that spectacle is beyond me. 

Give me guys on razor blades, missing teet and blocking frozen rubber with their bodies any day of the week. 

Sweep the Marlies! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.