GDT: Buffalo Sabres at Florida Panthers, 7pm EDT TV: ESPN+ & MSG-B, Radio: WGR-550

matter2003

Tried and failed tonight… Other than a badly outplayed 2nd period… made a decent effort tonight…

Way too hesitant to shoot… Way too hesitant to charge the net… That’s on the coaches

Levi kept it close and gave us a chance… All you can ask of a goalie in a 2-1 game

• Like (+1) 1

Tough tough loss.   Gonna be better off next season from games like this.  Thought they had too much anxiety in their game

still need to get bigger stronger throughout the line up   Not strong enough yet to fight through the holding and interference 

silver lining of missing playoffs - more time in the weight room 

BUT. not completely over, need PItt and NYI to collapse which is possible 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Congrats, stripes.  Nice win.

Dude, those same stripes gave us a 6 on 3 at the end. Dahlin couldn’t even make a routine pass across the ice.

I almost feel like this pressure will be more helpful in the long run than if they made the playoffs where there would be zero expectations of winning.

Edited by SwampD

5 minutes ago, Taro T said:

They have to keep Levi between the pipes until they're eliminated.  He gives them the best chance to win every game.

This could've been so different if Tuch's skate was 1/2" closer to his own end on that entry and if the puck somehow doesn't bounce off Levi's blocker.

Levi has allowed 4 to go in in 6+ periods. I'd argue 3 of them were flukey/bad luck.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I’m disappointed.  Levi is the bright light of the game.  He looks like our best goalie already.  

Not enough offense tonight.   Tage was playing but is clearly not right still.  Mitts with the first line wingers, and Tage with the 4th line wingers was our best options late in the game.  I wish we knew that in the second period. 

Still mathematically alive, but that’s it.

I’ll keep watching as usual.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Dude, those same stripes gave us a 6 on 3 at the end. Dahlin couldn’t even make a routine pass across the ice.

I almost feel like this pressure will be more helpful in the long run than if they made the playoffs where there would be zero expectations of winning.

Maybe but what if this is who they are when pressure hits and it never gets any better?

• Like (+1) 1

These young forwards have to trust themselves that they are that good.  They waited too long to open it up.

Devin deserves the next 5 out of 6.  Throw it all in for the win every night and don't look back.  Go for the 9 points in 6 games to get to 90.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

I’m disappointed.  Levi is the bright light of the game.  He looks like our best goalie already.  

Not enough offense tonight.   Tage was playing but is clearly not right still.  Mitts with the first line wingers, and Tage with the 4th line wingers was our best options late in the game.  I wish we knew that in the second period. 

Still mathematically alive, but that’s it.

I’ll keep watching as usual.  

Youngest team in the league by a lot that's been hamstrung by weak goaltending (and, yes, some real soft spots on the blue line), yet they are playing meaningful games in April and are a blast to watch 90% of the time. This team/organization deserves support now.

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

Once again when the pressure is on, they come up small. At least they didn't get completely blown out like they have the other 4 or 5 times.

Terrible take.  It was a 2-1 road game loss to last year’s President’s Trophy winners.  We played hard.  

• Like (+1) 6

Just now, Carmel Corn said:

Florida beat us with a tight and relentless checking performance.  Yes our young players are learning, but I feel we still lack some players who can replicate what they did to us....GMKA is going to need to make roster changes....even with Levi in the lineup next season.

They are fast enough they should be able to exploit that. Why they haven't figured out how to when it's happened so many times is starting to worry me a little.

1 minute ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

Levi has allowed 4 to go in in 6+ periods. I'd argue 3 of them were flukey/bad luck.

He looks like a legit #1 goalie. As the forwards learn to play better defense next season, and the D-corp grows up, Levi will post above average numbers. Above-average goaltending and a decent offense (which the Sabres have) is definitely playoff-capable. It might look dicey down the stretch as teams clamp down, but the first 2/3 of the season could be silly good vibes.

2 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

The Cats are coming together at the right time. I think they get the last spot. 

They've been the best team down the stretch. And it's odd to say it, but losing their #1 and #2 goalie was the best thing for them. Lyon's been excellent for them.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Pimlach said:

Terrible take.  It was a 2-1 road game loss to last year’s President’s Trophy winners.  We played hard.  

Last year is last year. Florida has been a meh team all year.

They couldn't even hit the net on the majority of their good chances 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.