GDT: Buffalo Sabres at Florida Panthers, 7pm EDT TV: ESPN+ & MSG-B, Radio: WGR-550

matter2003

10 hours ago, klos1963 said:

I think it might not be the best idea to have a couple 19 year olds in the lineup.  Both Quinn and JJ have gone through extended slumps, these 2 likely would as well. That creates 0-8 stretches. I think we need some physical vets on offense and defense. We got pushed around a lot tonight.

I’d rather young skill that can grow over vets who can push.  
Not sure if you noticed but when it’s really mattered in the last 10 or so games JJP and Quinn have been two of their best players 

the 0-8 slump had nothing to do with them.  It was mules injury along with shoddy D 

24 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

I’d rather young skill that can grow over vets who can push.  
Not sure if you noticed but when it’s really mattered in the last 10 or so games JJP and Quinn have been two of their best players 

the 0-8 slump had nothing to do with them.  It was mules injury along with shoddy D 

And ***** goaltending. Again.

11 hours ago, klos1963 said:

I think it might not be the best idea to have a couple 19 year olds in the lineup.  Both Quinn and JJ have gone through extended slumps, these 2 likely would as well. That creates 0-8 stretches. I think we need some physical vets on offense and defense. We got pushed around a lot tonight.

The 0-8 stretch was all about injuries on defense and no depth.

Think about this: 

Lets say for next years roster of 23 players they lose only Anderson (age 41) and Okposo (age 34),  and they replace them with Levi (age 21) and Savoie (age 19).   That is 35 less years for those two roster spots.   Bring back all the remaining 21 players, all one year older.    The total age of the 23 man roster is going to be 14 years less next year; the team's average age will actually go down by 0.6 years.  

There will be other moves, and maybe some more experienced players get added.  But next year we could be just as young as this year when calculated by average age, but with more NHL game experience.  

Edited by Pimlach

26 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Kinda sad to see KO going out like this (assuming retirement). 

Hopefully a few more highlights are at hand.

I hate to bring up pulling the goalie again, but I have to wonder why DG didn't pull the goalie with about 1:10 to go.

We were short handed at that time.  The Panthers first penalty was with 52 seconds left, the next one was with 23 seconds left.  

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Kinda sad to see KO going out like this (assuming retirement). 

Hopefully a few more highlights are at hand.

I hate to bring up pulling the goalie again, but I have to wonder why DG didn't pull the goalie with about 1:10 to go.

Good question.

Thought he might pull him slightly before that as with the ability to legally ice the puck, should the Cats have cleared their zone in the effective 5v5 he'd've been able to work that stretch pass off the end boards trying to get Tuch behind the D.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.