GDT: Big Bad Bruins at Sabres, 3-19-2023 1pm ESPN+, MSG

matter2003

13 minutes ago, TRIP65 said:

14-4 and Playoffs 4 years in a row. That is "Winning Something" . If your talking SB, point taken but there are 31 teams every year saying the same thing.

Pretty sure if Allen stays upright 10 years we will have a SB to go to and Win at least 1.

Unless you KC, your team can't actually say that honestly from this moment.

They've won nothing. They got to the AFC Championship game once, three seasons ago, and got smoked in that game. Since then, they've done less each year. If you want to keep counting regular season wins go ahead and be happy with that. It's not good enough. Win a Super Bowl? Get to one first.

Edited by Contempt
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Quint said:

We need professional hockey men to run this organization, not first-timers like Adams, Granato and all the rest of them. But Pegula won't permit people to talk back to him or make decisions for themselves, so we're stuck in Arte Moreno Land.

Your making statements that are NOT fact.

Pegula's run a BIGGER Organization that is succeeding going to the Playoffs and making money. Pegula's hired the Right people eventually.

Sabres are Losers for 11 years. Not going to Totally Trust GM and Coach till he sees RESULTS. The results the Sabres are showing in NHL are terrible. Rochester does a better job in all Aspects, So do Bandits. Sabres have some GREAT prospects and failing by NOT having good enough Veterans to show the way. Okopso is closer to being gone. This doesn't need blowing up, in my Opinion it needs new direction that POINTS at Playoffs or get fired. A GM that can bring in the RIGHT players to get there.

Development Plan is just a way to elevated the Pressure to get to the Playoffs. The CAP will NOT let you do this for 10 years. Prospects won't continue to sign if you don't go to The Playoffs.

32 minutes ago, JohninMinn. said:

I think Buffalo fans sold to Bruin fans.

SMART

I feel like each generation of Sabres youngens reaches the point where they open the wrong closet door upstairs. Dad's wearing a housecoat and a boar's head and Mom's in an ISIS jersey. The truth is revealed. Are we there yet? The building's full of out of town fans. KA spit out the bit. Who wants out next?

• Agree 1

I drove to Canada today and had some delicious crepes with a friend. I had zero intention of watching this train wreck. At one point I opened up my phone and saw it was 4-0 and chuckled lowly and then made another small French press coffee and continued our conversation. 

This team has very quickly sucked the life out of fans, I don't know if they can feel it or understand, or even care, but what was being built the last several months is over. 

I'm not sure this organization realizes the amount of damage they've done to this fan base, I mean, I remember party in the Plaza, the city throbbing with pride and buzz, etc... Now, nothing, a big ol Meh. 

They better hope Adams is up to the task, and this plan is the correct one, if they keep this up, I fear Buffalo may lose it's team, 12 years is disgraceful. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

If Okposo doesn't call a players only meeting and this team doesn't come out with their hair on fire next game then this culture they claim to be building is just worthless word service. The talent is here. We've seen them pull off a bunch of really impressive wins over the last 13 months. Right now, they're broken mentally. Gut check time.

I'm also now fully convinced we need a legitimate veteran goalie to pair with Levi next year. UPL ain't it. No, not all of them are on him; but his rebound control is a major issue and his lateral speed/athleticism isn't good enough. That's not something that more "development" is gonna fix.

Okoposo meeting, I am Retiring, thanks for nothing

41 minutes ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

If Okposo doesn't call a players only meeting and this team doesn't come out with their hair on fire next game then this culture they claim to be building is just worthless word service. The talent is here. We've seen them pull off a bunch of really impressive wins over the last 13 months. Right now, they're broken mentally. Gut check time.

I'm also now fully convinced we need a legitimate veteran goalie to pair with Levi next year. UPL ain't it. No, not all of them are on him; but his rebound control is a major issue and his lateral speed/athleticism isn't good enough. That's not something that more "development" is gonna fix.

Agree on the players only meeting.  That should have happened already. 

Levi will get killed playing behind this team with the current defensive system in place.  He might win a game or two, but once the team settles into their normal complacent level of play Levi will no better than the rest. The Granato system is flawed defensively.   

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, hockey said:

I'm a grammar Nazi as well, and my former roommate does text editing for the LA Times - these damned smartphones and speech-to-text have ruined everything.

100%. My grammar has degraded quite a bit since the pandemic started.

Edited by lowsabre
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, hockey said:

I'm a grammar Nazi as well, and my former roommate does text editing for the LA Times - these damned smartphones and speech-to-text have ruined everything.

They're illiterate besides. That's what Grammarly is all about. Incompetence and not caring. 

Edited by Quint

2 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Freaking KA "we got Matt Irwin" just like "hey guys, we got Greenway" pound desk tapping GIFme thinks his eye for talent may not be what we're hoping. 

It’s not his eye. Its DG and one of the largest scouting and advance stat teams in the league eye

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

No the Sabres had an expected goals for of 2.93, Boston got the saves, The Sabres not so much 

So its all on UPL then?

6 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

How does this dude work for the news? He has the worst grammar.

His Tweets do not have an editor like his stories do. 

43 minutes ago, TRIP65 said:

Pegula's fault for selling tickets to Bruins Fans?

Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.