GDT: Big Bad Bruins at Sabres, 3-19-2023 1pm ESPN+, MSG

matter2003

7 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Now now, our core is so young, look at them. 20, 21, 22, 23. Wait until they're 26, 27, 28. We will be a machine.

No seriously, wait until then 

Hahahaha that is the life of a Sabres fan. Just wait, it’s gonna happen… someday 

Edited by Sidc3000

12 minutes ago, BUFtoNCfan said:

No way, not even the most embarrassing moment against the Bruins. Lucic (sp) running Miller with no real response is the worst for me. I still haven’t recovered from that. When we punch these f@#keys in the face and dominate them, we will have exorcised that demon that haunts us. Whoah, got that off my chest, thanks. I think.

Yes, those TEAMS for Sabres cared too.

1 minute ago, Sidc3000 said:

Okie said it best last season, what you do this season doesn’t carry over to next season

I hear it. Maybe the season doesn’t carry over, but culture and expectations do. McDermott says the same thing, that’s why I don’t believe it😂. Coach speak. I’ve been fortunate to play sports on teams that had a winning culture and ones that didn’t. That ***** makes a world of difference. Full disclosure, not a pro team, and a different sport. But as an organization I think these last games matter. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Get back to me when you actually understand why they are rated so highly to begin with. 

Because people are dumb. That's another team that is nougaty soft. They took a step backwards this year and and in the midst of another step backwards. When they ruin Allen from getting him hit so much the glass house will come crashing down. 3 years. Max.

Just now, BUFtoNCfan said:

I hear it. Maybe the season doesn’t carry over, but culture and expectations do. McDermott says the same thing, that’s why I don’t believe it😂. Coach speak. I’ve been fortunate to play sports on teams that had a winning culture and ones that didn’t. That ***** makes a world of difference. Full disclosure, not a pro team, and a different sport. But as an organization I think these last games matter. 

I agree about a winning culture but you have to be confident that your team is great to have such a strong winning culture. They know, like we do, that this team isn’t good let alone great. 

15 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Maybe he’s still recovering from injuries then. I really DGAF at this point. He is not good enough currently, regardless. Yes, he needs better supprt. What goalie doesn’t? But if a team has to play perfect hockey in front of him for him to succeed, what does that really say about him? A goalie MUST make saves, regardless. 

"Yes, he needs better supprt."

Jock strap?

If Okposo doesn't call a players only meeting and this team doesn't come out with their hair on fire next game then this culture they claim to be building is just worthless word service. The talent is here. We've seen them pull off a bunch of really impressive wins over the last 13 months. Right now, they're broken mentally. Gut check time.

I'm also now fully convinced we need a legitimate veteran goalie to pair with Levi next year. UPL ain't it. No, not all of them are on him; but his rebound control is a major issue and his lateral speed/athleticism isn't good enough. That's not something that more "development" is gonna fix.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.