Forgiven Night at KeyBank Center

PASabreFan

This is inspired by the revamped Better Days video posted by Smell wherein there's a quick montage of Sabre folks over the lyrics "Everyone's forgiven now." Risto Rakru Kane Eichel.

Got me to thinking what a cool and totally impossible to pull off event it would be to have our many goats, villains, creeps -- internal and external -- brought onto the ice before a game. Grown men in the stands would be in tears as they phone their parents to admit they stole the cataract surgery money. Babies would be held aloft. Cell phone flashlights would sway to John Lennon. Jay Moran would somberly call out the names, occasionally stopping to compose himself...

Gary Allan Bettman

Darius Vladimir Kasparaitis

John Hinckley Gurtler

Kristopher Donald Bazen

... With the announcement of Bradley Lee Park's name a svelte man in a Queen tshirt holding a Turkish coffee would be shown on the video board mouthing the words, "I forgive you."

Who else who else?

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

This is inspired by the revamped Better Days video posted by Smell wherein there's a quick montage of Sabre folks over the lyrics "Everyone's forgiven now." Risto Rakru Kane Eichel.

Got me to thinking what a cool and totally impossible to pull off event it would be to have our many goats, villains, creeps -- internal and external -- brought onto the ice before a game. Grown men in the stands would be in tears as they phone their parents to admit they stole the cataract surgery money. Babies would be held aloft. Cell phone flashlights would sway to John Lennon. Jay Moran would somberly call out the names, occasionally stopping to compose himself...

Gary Allan Bettman

John Hinckley Gurtler

Kristopher Donald Bazen

... With the announcement of Bradley Lee Park's name a svelte man in a Queen tshirt holding a Turkish coffee would be shown on the video board mouthing the words, "I forgive you."

Who else who else?

Who was the referee who failed to call Ed Van Impe for grabbing the puck lying in the crease and throwing it away from Rick Martin with about 5 minutes left in Game 6 against Philadelphia in 1975?

Brett Hull and everyone else from "No Goal."

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Who else who else?

I seen what you did there.

16 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

John Hinckley Gurtler

His alternate Empire TV broadcast call of the May Day goal used to exist on the 'webs. But no more afaik. Anyone know where it can be found? It was brutal.

13 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Who was the referee who failed to call Ed Van Impe for grabbing the puck lying in the crease and throwing it away from Rick Martin with about 5 minutes left in Game 6 against Philadelphia in 1975?

Bruce Hood. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Never forgiving Boychuk

Or Mario for somehow being in exactly the right spot. Give me a damn break, Mario. 

Ive forgiven Smolinski because his grin being immortalized is funny and punishment enough 

I won’t get over them prioritizing Drury over Briere until we are Back. Should be soon on that, though. 

Oh also I'm not forgiving Lucic or Neal.

17 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Ive forgiven Smolinski because his grin being immortalized is funny and punishment enough 

The Sens lost that game.  That's what makes his smugness so awesome.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Oh also I'm not forgiving Lucic or Neal.

The Sens lost that game.  That's what makes his smugness so awesome.

True, it was almost immediately forgivable in that sense. Not only did we win I’m pretty sure we scored almost immediately lol

4 hours ago, K-9 said:

Bruce Hood. 

45 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I used to tell him “take of the hood” when I was young.  He heard me and looked up straight at me,  but I’m sure I didn’t originate that saying. 

Now I remember why I hated him with such a passion.

5 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

I seen what you did there.

His alternate Empire TV broadcast call of the May Day goal used to exist on the 'webs. But no more afaik. Anyone know where it can be found? It was brutal.

Gurtler does play by play of the Bandits and is still brutal to listen to. 

5 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Gary Allan Bettman

John Hinckley Gurtler

Kristopher Donald Bazen

Who else who else?

You lost me at eichel

Also how in tf did you miss Hull? Youngin'

5 hours ago, Marvin said:

No quotes necessary 

I don’t forgive easily. It’s why I still have a few on my ignore list. Maybe I’ll forgive Lorentz when he had to dispatch the poor innocent bat with blood curdling results. Poor kids and women that witnessed that is a horror I wouldn’t wish on anyone.
I’ll think about it.

8 hours ago, Zamboni said:

I don’t forgive easily. It’s why I still have a few on my ignore list. Maybe I’ll forgive Lorentz when he had to dispatch the poor innocent bat with blood curdling results. Poor kids and women that witnessed that is a horror I wouldn’t wish on anyone.
I’ll think about it.

Dead mouse with wings... meh not a hockey puck so yeh easy

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.