GDT: Sabres @ Islanders - Mar. 7, 2023, 7:30pm, ESPN+/Hulu WGR

LGR4GM

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Oh, gee. You have an excuse. "I wasn't paying attention." 

Go eat a bag of 💩. Youre such a negative for this board. I was listening!!! Sorry I couldnt watch every second like the almighty PTR. Sometimes making money is a little more important than a hockey game. Now kindly GFY.

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Holy overreactions Batman 

Im with you fine folks, I’m hurting from this one. I know.

but let’s see how they adjust. Still lots of hockey left. 

It’s over. 

Injuries.  Schedule.  Horrific calls going against us.  Other teams winning.   And 6 points back.  That’s too much.  

It’s over.  It was over the second Tuch went down.  

Edited by Second Line Center

18 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Parked his *** in the right spot on 2nd goal

Yep - he was the sole reason the 2nd goal went in cuz of his screen. he also forechecked well.  Blaming Greenway for this loss is a serious stretch, he was about 15th on the list

Start with Klague, go to the tage line then transition to Joker and Bryson - thee are the main problems tonight

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Awful game / result, whatever. Islanders are an annoying team to play against, good at what they do 

not out of it at all, playoff hunt wise. But biggest hurdle to clear isn’t the schedule, it’s not even the point gap: it’s the change in officiating playoff *chase* season apparently now has part and parcel 

Dude. Post and parcel. Are you OK?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

No no, Armageddon is upon us! 

I'm mad and sad. But nothing I can do.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Another big fat L. Nothing surprising. If the islanders represent a wildcard team we are nowhere near a playoff team with this roster. 

Nowhere near a playoff team?  That’s a ridiculous take.  We played last night, then traveled,  that was part of the difference you saw tonight.  

• Like (+1) 2

So I really think we're debating the wrong rule.

According to rule 78.5 (i) in the NHL rulebook (h/t Sports Illustrated's Ben Estes), goals will be disallowed "when the puck has been directed, batted or thrown into the net by an attacking player other than with a stick."

Just now, Thorny said:

Nah.  Turn out the lights.  They will still be playing for over a month, but it's over.  We can watch for player development.

• Haha (+1) 1

Adams told me all I needed to know at the trade deadline. Pegula won’t let him spend any money and We are not good enough to make playoffs , enjoy watching teams you really hate like the Bruins, Carolina, Devils Rangers and Leafs continue to finish ahead of you because the Sabres are gonna suck until maybe 2027-28

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.