GDT: Sabres @ Islanders - Mar. 7, 2023, 7:30pm, ESPN+/Hulu WGR

LGR4GM

Just now, PASabreFan said:

So I really think we're debating the wrong rule.

According to rule 78.5 (i) in the NHL rulebook (h/t Sports Illustrated's Ben Estes), goals will be disallowed "when the puck has been directed, batted or thrown into the net by an attacking player other than with a stick."

BS call but they still end up losing. Without a doubt 

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Holy overreactions Batman 

Im with you fine folks, I’m hurting from this one. I know.

but let’s see how they adjust. Still lots of hockey left. 

I was with you. But I think this is part of the frustration. Adjusting or lack there of.

We need to get better with working the puck low to high from behind the net in the offensive zone. We just can’t do it. We also seem totally hell bent on working the rush through the center and never answer when it’s taken away.

Bryson and Clague are useless. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Rasmus_ said:

Was not really digging the lines.  The Tuch and Samuelsson injuries were so detrimental to this team.  I also don't really like what I've seen thus far out of Greenway, but it's early.  

Samuelsson is a huge loss for this team. He is a lot more important than people think. He's not flashy, but he gets the job done. Wasn't he also injured during the 8 game losing streak?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Second Line Center said:

It’s over. 

Injuries.  Schedule.  Horrific calls going against us.  Other teams winning.  

It’s over.  It was over the second Tuch went down.  

Well if it’s over because we lost one guy it should be a soft landing b/c no one should have expected much. We are no more banged up than other teams. Yes, I know we have less depth but truthfully we’ve been WELL above average all year re: the injury front 

losing Tuch and Samuelsson does hurt. But we watched them play their best game of the season without Samuelsson. They’ve run up scores without Tuch. There are other variables at work, here 

don’t minimize the fact the islanders were ALSO fighting for their playoff lives. At home. We lost by..1 goal? on a back to back? 

jumping to “we can’t win I guess without em!” is a really weird flex. 

Edited by Thorny

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Nowhere near a playoff team?  That’s a ridiculous take.  We played last night, then traveled,  that was part of the difference you saw tonight.  

Yes not even close. We got worked the last two periods. NY is the benchmark to get in. And we get lambasted by the good teams in our conference. 

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Usually looks like Patrick Roy in the first half of games. Then always seems to ***** the bed late.

Did you seriously watch the game?  UPL is the sole reason it wasn't 7-2.  winning goal was garbage - not sure why it would count and 2nd goal was caused by a stupid giveaway by Klague compounded by Klague deciding to vacate his responsibilities in front of his own not.

The D we are starting is a direct implication of KA ignoring d at the trade deadline.   He desperately needed to make a trade for an NHL dman but didn't. Stillman is a good AHL one and it's not like trading for one would have blocked any D prospects

• Like (+1) 1

Well if it’s over because we lost one guy it should be a soft landing b/c no one should have expected much. We are no more banged up than other teams. Yes, I know we have less depth but truthfully we’ve been WELL above average all year re: the injury front 

losing Tuch and Samuelsson does hurt. But we watched them play their best game of the season without Samuelsson. They’ve run up scores without Tuch. There are other variables at work, here 

don’t minimize the fact the islanders were ALSO fighting for their playoff lives. At home. We lost by..1 goal? on a back to back? 

jumping too “we can’t win I guess without em!” Is a really weird flex. 

Yea.  With a young team like this.  It needs him.  There is no one close to him - like him - on the team and all that he does for us.   

5 minutes ago, Second Line Center said:

It’s over. 

Injuries.  Schedule.  Horrific calls going against us.  Other teams winning.   And 6 points back.  That’s too much.  

It’s over.  It was over the second Tuch went down.  

Remind me to never jump in a foxhole with you. I hope you don’t coach anything. Sheesh!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, CTJoe said:

Did you seriously watch the game?  UPL is the sole reason it wasn't 7-2.  winning goal was garbage - not sure why it would count and 2nd goal was caused by a stupid giveaway by Klague compounded by Klague deciding to vacate his responsibilities in front of his own not.

The D we are starting is a direct implication of KA ignoring d at the trade deadline.   He desperately needed to make a trade for an NHL dman but didn't. Stillman is a good AHL one and it's not like trading for one would have blocked any D prospects

Have you watched every game he has played? He's not a #1. 

Exactly.

The Sabres were not skating, they lacked energy. The Islanders are battle tested and we’re waiting for this game.

The Sabres were not able to play their game. Two periods were what the Isles wanted, dump and chase, cycle the puck and clog up the neutral zone.

Sabres aren’t dead but this is a big loss. Not much rest time coming either.

1 minute ago, Claude Balls said:

Have you watched every game he has played? He's not a #1. 

I think UPL is a good shot stopper, but his rebound control is as bad as i've ever seen. I've never seen a goalie not be able to eat pucks like UPL. Even on plays it hits him right in the chest and for a split second it looks like things are under control, somehow the puck ends up being loose and a mad scramble to get it out. Unbelievable this guy.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, French Collection said:

Exactly.

The Sabres were not skating, they lacked energy. The Islanders are battle tested and we’re waiting for this game.

The Sabres were not able to play their game. Two periods were what the Isles wanted, dump and chase, cycle the puck and clog up the neutral zone.

Sabres aren’t dead but this is a big loss. Not much rest time coming either.

We have one more against the Isles, right? No choice but to pencil that as a  W to make up for this and get back at it 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.