Will the Buffalo Sabres make the playoffs?

PASabreFan

22 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

It's possibly elimination day.  Much scoreboard watching to come.

The Sabres trail FLA and the NYI by 6 points, but with two games in hand.  We cannot catch either team on regulation wins, so we must beat them on points.  Our max is 93 and theirs are 95.  Pitt has 90 points and we have two games in hand on them.  We can catch them in regulation wins.

Step 1 - The Sabres need to win, preferably in regulation.  The Rags will be in full playoff mode.  They still have an outside chance to win the Division thanks to your victory over Carolina.

Step 2 - Fla and or the NYI must lose tonight.  Of course, both losing would be better, but if both win in any way we are eliminated.   The NYI plays at the disintegrating Ovie-less Caps, while Toronto travels to Sunrise to play Florida.  I'm not sure Toronto has anything to play for at this point.  

Step 3- Beat the Devils tomorrow night as well, preferably in regulation.

I am so freaking nervous. Butterflies in my stomach. Have not gotten much work done (although that is not terribly unusual for a Monday) and game time(s) - 6pm here on the central coast - cannot possibly come soon enough.

Yet, I still feel that same sense of optimism as when you walk out of the gas station or convenience store with that freshly printed Lotto ticket, dreaming of all the amazing things that could happen when you win. The Lotto has not worked out just yet - but man does it feel good to dream! Go Caps! Go Leafs (I threw up a little as I typed that) and most of all Go Sabres!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The worst Buffalo can do is 3-0-1 and make the playoffs still.

FLA faces TOR and CAR which bodes pretty well in our favor.

NYI plays WSH and MTL, not great

PIT plays CHI and CBJ, a literal joke.

Now technically we only need 2 of the 3 to trip in order to sneak up in with a sweep.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

I missed two or three games recently, two I recall were wins,  That's actually the most Sabres hockey I've missed consecutively in probably a decade.

It is a long season. We can't all catch all the games. I get it. 

But it seems like the guys who have the sharpest pitch forks, and brightest torches are guys not even watching hockey and just screaming "Adams and Granato suck. Look at how they mismanaged EVERYTHING"

I literally just had these conversations this week with the same person. I am not exaggerating. This is not a dramatization. 

Person: "We need a coach to hold these guys accountable. We should sit Lyubushkin"

Mango: "For who?. Dahlin and Powers already play top 10 minutes across the league and Samuelson is top 30. They literally cannot play anymore"

Person: "Just hold him accountable"

Reads their first article on the Chychrun trade

Person: What a disaster this organization is. That isn't in the top 50 blunders from Adams. 

Mango: Ok. Name 10 others that are worse

Person: I don't have the time to get into it. But the Eichel issue to begin with. 

Mango: The entire NHL thinks that this was a good trade. 

Person: It isn't just the trade. It is that Kevyn Adams is basically a Trump appointed Supreme Court Justice, not a GM of a hockey team. He is in way in over his head. Totally unqualified to be running the ship. You would have to agree the entire locker room would be happy if he left. 
(I lean very far left and that seemed insane even to me)

Sabres squeeze one out against Detroit

Person: What a joke this team is, allowing 6 goals. Adams and Granato are in way over their head.

Mango: Certainly some defensive gaffes. But it is worth noting 3 of those goals came off of Sabres defenders. 

Person: I didn't see the game

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, ska-T Chitown said:

I am so freaking nervous. Butterflies in my stomach. Have not gotten much work done (although that is not terribly unusual for a Monday) and game time(s) - 6pm here on the central coast - cannot possibly come soon enough.

Yet, I still feel that same sense of optimism as when you walk out of the gas station or convenience store with that freshly printed Lotto ticket, dreaming of all the amazing things that could happen when you win. The Lotto has not worked out just yet - but man does it feel good to dream! Go Caps! Go Leafs (I threw up a little as I typed that) and most of all Go Sabres!!

Welcome back!

24 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

With 5 games still to play I think they will make it:

image.thumb.png.cef447cb91f7f9a41964bb9eb2932d45.png

Does anyone know how were gonna play Columbus 3 times concurrently?

We've still got 4 games in hand! Like when a player gets traded at the trade deadline and ends up skating in 84 games that season. I like it.

Edited by DarthEbriate
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.