Will the Buffalo Sabres make the playoffs?

PASabreFan

I do not have the ability to predict future events with certainty. However, I can provide you with some information that might be useful in making your own prediction.

As of my knowledge cutoff date of September 2021, the Buffalo Sabres had just completed a disappointing 2020-2021 NHL season, finishing last in the East Division with a record of 15-34-7. However, teams can change a lot from season to season, and the Sabres may have made some changes to their roster, coaching staff, or management that could improve their chances of making the playoffs in the future.

Ultimately, whether or not the Sabres make the playoffs will depend on a number of factors, including their performance throughout the season, the performance of other teams in their division and conference, injuries, and luck. Only time will tell if the Sabres are able to make the playoffs in the upcoming season.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

They SHOULD, but I am not sure...they play the toughest remaining schedule in the NHL and while they are really good at catching up to teams by putting together winning streaks, they seem to puke all over themselves when they actually catch up to those teams and are in position to pass them.

It's like when there is no pressure and they are just playing to try and catch up they are really good, but once the pressure is on and they put themselves in position to actually pass them and enter a playoff position, they fall flat on their face with some of the worst, most uninspired hockey you could ask for...happened 3 or 4 times now...almost like they WANT to fall behind again so they can have fun chasing.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Ultimately, whether or not the Sabres make the playoffs will depend on a number of factors, including their performance throughout the season, the performance of other teams in their division and conference, injuries, and luck. Only time will tell if the Sabres are able to make the playoffs in the upcoming season.

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity 

--Vince Lombardi 

• Like (+1) 2

I'll just say that after a disappointing loss to LA, the Sabres have collected 10 of 14 points. If you factor in that three of their wins came against opponents they are directly competing against for those playoff spots making them four point games, they accrued 16 of 20 points in the last seven games.

Going to be a lot harder with Tuch out, but I am hopeful.

6 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

My other question was whether Tage would hit 50. The vaunted bot did not even know Tage's current goal total. It said Tage's career high was 10. You will not replace us!

Im going to delete this in about 30 seconds PA this is purely a joke for your eyes I don’t wanna get banned in my defence it came up in the gif search provided here 

Edited by Thorny
Aaand gone

As to will they make it or not, I believe in a few things:

• We'll know on March 19th -- that's 10 games from today bookended by the 2 remaining Bruins games. It includes a 3-game road trip near the end (@ TOR, WSH, PHI) that will basically lock them in or end them.
  • When the forwards backcheck and skate the puck out of their own zone rather than waiting for a big pass, this team looks like it can play with anyone. If the forwards skate like they did in the first 2 periods against CBJ -- they'll go 3-7 or worse in the next 10 and all the games in hand will be useless.
  • They should abandon the all-whites and play more games in the goatheads. It's mental. The players believe in the goathead and so should we all.
  • VO has one more hot streak in him this season (possibly his last streak as a Sabre) and if it starts within the next 10 games, then they'll make the playoffs.
  • They will come out flat in a game, like CBJ, and they will feed off Stillman making a big hit or starting a fight. They'll win that game.
  • I believe that if you don't believe, then you've already failed. Their home fans need to start believing and not waiting for the team to show them. Drop prices, attend the games, and get that party started before opening faceoff.
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, DarthEbriate said:

• We'll know on March 19th -- that's 10 games from today bookended by the 2 remaining Bruins games. It includes a 3-game road trip near the end (@ TOR, WSH, PHI) that will basically lock them in or end them.
  • When the forwards backcheck and skate the puck out of their own zone rather than waiting for a big pass, this team looks like it can play with anyone. If the forwards skate like they did in the first 2 periods against CBJ -- they'll go 3-7 or worse in the next 10 and all the games in hand will be useless.
  • They should abandon the all-whites and play more games in the goatheads. It's mental. The players believe in the goathead and so should we all.
  • VO has one more hot streak in him this season (possibly his last streak as a Sabre) and if it starts within the next 10 games, then they'll make the playoffs.
  • They will come out flat in a game, like CBJ, and they will feed off Stillman making a big hit or starting a fight. They'll win that game.
  • I believe that if you don't believe, then you've already failed. Their home fans need to start believing and not waiting for the team to show them. Drop prices, attend the games, and get that party started before opening faceoff.

be a dog

“Do I look good?”

I think we need 30 points.  

23 games left.  Not going to worry about tiebreakers but that means somehow essentially winning 15 of 23 games.  

Won’t have Dahlin plus Tuch the next 2.  I’m just going to hope for the best this week v Boston and Tampa not stress it no matter what the teams around us do.  

So now it’s 21 games left come next week.  

Have to go 15-6.  Maybe they want to get on a run like that with a fully healthy Dahlin.  And get Tuch back the last 15 games (hopefully?).

Need 30 points.  Minimum. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/1/2023 at 1:13 PM, DarthEbriate said:

And now we know. 

• 2 losses to Boston by a combined 14-1. The 3-game road trip at the end of the stretch required a comeback against TOR (their best game by far), 3 blown 2-goal leads against WSH, and a no-show vs. PHI.
  • The forwards didn't skate a whole bunch of times. 3-7 or worse? They did worse. 2-8.
  • They didn't wear the goatheads enough. They did win 5-3 vs. TB in the goats.
  • VO didn't get his hot streak. He was scratched instead. He did score 2 meaningless goals against PHI though.
  • They came out flat repeatedly --- no one ever started anything. They didn't win those games. I was wrong.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.