Sabres sign Michael Houser. He has cleared Waivers

Brawndo

1 hour ago, Derrico said:

Are you putting a bunch of spaces under everything you post??  This is the third post from you where there's a bunch of blank space below your post.

As to the thread.  What is the ***** does this mean??

I dunno. Sometimes on my phone I get weird megaspaces added, and typing is is gubbed as the keyboard disappears when u stop typing.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Contempt said:

So if he clears waivers UPL is going down and Houser is going to Cincinnati on an NHL deal, right?

If they sign Levi before the end of the year something like this has to happen anyway does it not? I can't imagine a goalie is getting traded unless it's UPL. Who would want the other two?

When Houser clears waivers, there doesn't have to be any change at all to where the Sabres goaltending propeties are playing.

This could portend a change or it could mean nothing at all.

7 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I keep hoping that after a very long pregnant pause, at the very bottom of an ocean of white space, a never before seen aquatic creature is going to hold up a sign that says, " PA had it right the first time."

Wouldn't he ncessarily have to actually be right first in order to see that happen?

Expect you need to take care of your end 1st to get your desired result.  ;)

But hey, am pulling for you, we're all in this together.

• Haha (+1) 3

39 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Wouldn't he ncessarily have to actually be right first in order to see that happen?

Expect you need to take care of your end 1st to get your desired result.  😉

Lots of times I cant even figure out what he is saying.   He is either funny, or I don't understand him at all. 

over my head jerry GIF by HULU

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

I heard Houser trains with Schenn in the off-season (they’re from the same area). In order to consider waiving is modified no trade, he asked the Sabres to ink his buddy to a deal.  

No I didn’t.  

For a minute I thought you were @Taro T....

!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

2 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

He's got 5 quality starts in 6 career starts. Last season he was 2-0 with a .948 sv%. He's the best signed goalie in the Sabres system.

So...  what team claims him off waivers?

Why is everyone just realizing this now?  I was saying this back when and everyone ignored me.

Or maybe that's just what you wanted me to think.

And no, I'm not @Taro T

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

<retracts left hand from other mouse> 

I... what now?

Duh.  Just put a mechanical wristwatch under the optical sensor of the mouse.  Or so I've been told.

45 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

I haven't felt this alive since GMTM's maniacal signings.

The $700k specials?

3 hours ago, Taro T said:

When Houser clears waivers, there doesn't have to be any change at all to where the Sabres goaltending propeties are playing.

This could portend a change or it could mean nothing at all.

I'm think ahead to the end of March when they sign Levi. Rochester doesn't want 3 goalies either and Buffalo doesn't want 4. Someone is going to Cincinnati unless a goalie leaves via trade before that.

2 minutes ago, Contempt said:

I'm think ahead to the end of March when they sign Levi. Rochester doesn't want 3 goalies either and Buffalo doesn't want 4. Someone is going to Cincinnati unless a goalie leaves via trade before that.

And Houser could've been sent to Cincinnati before making this move just as easily as he could now that he's a Sabre.  Same goes for Subban.

Not convinced Levi getting signed sends somebody else down to Ra-cha-cha.  It may, but not expecting it, not right away at any rate.

5 hours ago, Taro T said:

Could be as simple as they got word that some other NHL team was thinking of making him an offer. (Not positive, but pretty sure that AHL deals get supplanted when a player gets an NHL offer.)

If that's the case tho' can't that other team just go ahead and claim him now?

My guess is by having him clear waivers now he doesn't have to again if he gets called up for an injury replacement down the stretch 

15 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

If that's the case tho' can't that other team just go ahead and claim him now?

My guess is by having him clear waivers now he doesn't have to again if he gets called up for an injury replacement down the stretch 

He was on an AHL contract, just like he started the year the previous 2 years. If they were going to use him in any way except an emergency basis, they'd need to have him on an NHL deal. But it doesn't seem to be about that as he's 5th on the depth chart today and as soon as Levi's season is over he drops to 6th.  Maybe you're right and it is preemptive to send him to Ra-cha-cha after a callup after 3-4 other goalies are injured and start coming back healthy; but it just doesn't seem to be due to that.  MHO.  YMMV.

As to your 1st question, well, yes somebody could have signed him to an NHL deal but considering how the Sabres have been good to him, why would he do that without telling the Sabres or giving them the opportunity to give him an NHL contract first?  (And again, am not positive that NHL deals supplant AHL deals, but believe that to be the case.)

There obviously is a reason this deal was done at this time.  Just not particularly sure what that might be at this time.

6 hours ago, Taro T said:

Expect you need to take care of your end 1st to get your desired result.  😉

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

Some of your most eloquent work.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.