Cam Talbot to BUF?

Spoonman

• Spoonman changed the title to Cam Talbot to BUF?
10 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Trade Comrie and send UPL down.  Talbot and Anderson the rest of the way? Maybe.  He’s 35, but he has outplayed both UPL and Comrie YTD.  Who is taking Comrie off our hands?

Absolutely not! I'm receptive to moving UPL down. I'm more inclined to making Anderson and Comrie the working pair for the rest of the season. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

18 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Kevin Weekes, who seems much more accurate, didn’t list Buffalo as a possibility.

Do you mean THIS Kevin Weeks?

For all asking, my understanding is the @NHLFlames have Tkachuk ( who is a future potential captain) an upcoming 1 Rd pick, a former 1st Rd pick, and 2 prospects in the Eichel sweepstakes with the @BuffaloSabres . @espn @NHLNetwork #HockeyTwitter

Considering I Love Lucy GIF

Veronica Mars Wink GIF

Edited by Spoonman
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Thorny said:

Anderson wins games 

UPL is on a team that wins games 

As it stands UPL is part of the juggling trio. And the organization appears to be satisfied with that. If that is the case, then the backdoor way to improve the netminding (for all the goalies) is to add another defenseman (Lyubushkin caliber) to shore up the blue line unit. It will be interesting to see if the coach continues on with the rotation or goes with a two-man rotation as the season winds down. I'm more intrigued about whether a defender is going to be added than the organization's unlikely willingness to bring in another goalie. As much as @GASabresIUFAN wishes it--I just don't see it happening. 

Most of us agree that Anderson is our best goalie. But the question about him is whether he is capable of handling a heavy workload. I'm not sure. However, it seems to me that the coach prefers erroring on the side that the best approach is less is better than more is. My position is I simply don't know what the better approach is??? As usual, I am befuddled on this issue.

9 hours ago, matter2003 said:

UPL and Anderson win games...Comrie usually does not.

Comrie has won 3/4 games he's started since coming back from his injury. His last loss was on January 10th. Before the injury he had dropped 4 in a row when we were missing 3/6 starting D.

I really don't understand his lack of usage as it seems like he's never gotten a fair shake here. I also wouldn't mind trading him if we can land a better netminder.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/c/comrier01/gamelog/2023

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

How quickly people forget the SJ game for UPL. The Toronto game just ruins people’s minds I guess

Let's talk about that then. We can ignore the fact SJS is 27th in goal differential at -44 and that they only had 2 20 goal scorers. In the last 10 games UPL also beat and played well against the Ducks, NYI, and Wild. Ducks are bad, really bad. The NYI was before the Horvat trade but that is a quality win. The Wild, we lost in OT. In the 5 games after the Wild game that UPL started, he has 1 game over a .900sv% and that is the SJS game. The rest of the time we have .879 to Carolina, .825 to Calgary, a .600 to the Leafs, and a .867 to the Caps. 

UPL has not been good in his last 5 games. Has Comrie been better? No not really. 

We need either one of the these two to improve really fast or we need Anderson to play more than once a week. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

Comrie has won 3/4 games he's started since coming back from his injury. His last loss was on January 10th. Before the injury he had dropped 4 in a row when we were missing 3/6 starting D.

I really don't understand his lack of usage as it seems like he's never gotten a fair shake here. I also wouldn't mind trading him if we can land a better netminder.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/c/comrier01/gamelog/2023

I do...he has been mostly bad.

4 hours ago, matter2003 said:

UPL has several games that he won...maybe not recently but I can think of at least 5 or 6

I think I counted 8 starts where his sv % was above .920. Anderson has had 10. 

Comrie has 2, Edmonton and Calgary in his second and 3rd starts of the year way back in October.

In his 12 starts since, he’s had 9 games with a save % under .880. He’s “giving the team a chance to win” only once every 4 starts and has yet to “win” a game for them.

I get why people want to sit UPL, but Comrie has been clearly and demonstrably worse.

Edited by dudacek

18 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I think I counted 8 starts where his sv % was above .920. Anderson has had 10. 

Comrie has 2, Edmonton and Calgary in his second and 3rd starts of the year way back in October.

In his 12 starts since, he’s had 9 games with a save % under .880. He’s “giving the team a chance to win” once every 3 starts and has yet to “win” a game for them.

I get why people want to sit UPL, but Comrie has been clearly and demonstrably worse.

I am ignoring Comrie’s season (the good and the bad) prior to his injury. November and its circumstances were a long time ago. 

I’m not saying Comrie has it…but I’m not saying he doesn’t. 

All I hear around here is “the team is winning in front of UPL” when he’s played like trash all month. Comrie has won three in a row…are we not going to say the same thing for him?

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

How quickly people forget the SJ game for UPL. The Toronto game just ruins people’s minds I guess

He was fantastic that game and I had the pleasure of seeing it live.

I so want him to be the guy but his confidence levels wain too much.

1 hour ago, Porous Five Hole said:

I am ignoring Comrie’s season (the good and the bad) prior to his injury. November and its circumstances were a long time ago. 

I’m not saying Comrie has it…but I’m not saying he doesn’t. 

All I hear around here is “the team is winning in front of UPL” when he’s played like trash all month. Comrie has won three in a row…are we not going to say the same thing for him?

Some on the board thought Comrie had the chance to be the guy finally and carry 20+ wins for the team but the way his season started and the underlying numbers have left me and I think most, flat on him. 

I acknowledge the wins but they come in much the same way most of UPLs have, goal support.

Comrie has yet to outright steal a game and he was expected to do that from time to time.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.